About This File
MLM Ouroborus Countdown - Vista Sidebar Gadget
by Graham P. Smith (The Old Man)
MLM Ouroborus Countdown is gadget which you can install on Windows Vista's Sidebar, or simply drag and drop it from your sidebar to your desktop. The gadget resembles the familiar Millennium Group welcome log-in screen as seen and used by Millennium Group members, featuring a golden Ouroborus and displays your name and the number of days remaining. Rather than simply display the message, "Welcome Frank", the gadget is more personalised and instead displays the name of the current user.
- Millennium Group Ouroborus
- Personalised - Automatically welcomes the current logged in user!
- Countdown - Displays the current number of days until December 21st, 2012 (the forthcoming Apocalypse?).
- Easily customisable countdown date (see below).
- Site Link - Clicking the Ouroborus takes you to our main website at millennium-thisiswhoweare.net
- Drag and drop from your sidebar to your desktop
Any version of Windows Vista.
- v1.1 - Re-compressed as Vista wouldn't always install the gadget as original version was compressed with Winrar before renaming to .gadget
- v1.0 - Initial release.
Download and open the file. The file will normally open in Windows Sidebar. From there you can add it to your Widows Vista Sidebar.
Once installed, click anywhere except the image on the gadget to re-position it on your sidebar or onto your desktop. Clicking on the image will take you to our website.
Advanced functionality - How to change the date of the countdown in Vista (untested as of yet on Windows 7 but same principle).
READ THIS CAREFULLY!
Don't change the coding! Advanced users are allowed to change the time/date/timezone 'dday variable' only.
The default counts down to the mythical apocalypse. To change the countdown to your prefered event:
1. By default, gadgets are located in %userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows sidebar\gadgets
(To open this quickly paste %userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows sidebar\gadgets into the search box on Vista's Start Menu and it will take you straight to the gadgets folder on your hard drive.)
2. Open up millennium.html - Right click on it and open it with Notepad or a HTML editor
3. Change var dday = new Date("22 December 2012 00:00:00 GMT") ; to your preference but keep the format!
eg. var dday = new Date("31 December 2025 00:00:00 EST") ;
Don't remove anything else like the semi-colon or quote marks and don't change the format or it won't work!
4. Save the file. Close the gadget if its already running in your Sidebar, and then re-add the gadget from the Sidebar Gallery.
[*]Sometimes a small dotted border is shown around the link image on the gadget, when the sidebar first loads. Move the mouse cursor across the image and it disappears.[*]The Gadget uses a Windows system value to determine the user's name that comes from the name of the User's folder, that contains their application settings, My Pictures Documents etc. Unfortunately, some computers have Windows pre-installed with a generic user name like User or Owner, instead of it asking for your own personal name when you use the computer for the first time. There isn't much you can do about that for now until the next release of the gadgets which allows full name customisation.
Thank you ethsnafu for testing!
What's New in Version See changelog
No changelog available for this version.