About This File
MLM Frank Black Countdown - Sidebar Gadget
by Graham P. Smith (The Old Man)
MLM Frank Black Countdown is gadget which you can install on Windows Vista's Sidebar or Windows 7, or simply drag and drop it from your sidebar to your desktop. The gadget features an image of the fictional Millennium Group's criminal profiler Frank Black (played of course by Lance Henriksen) and displays your name and the number of days remaining. Rather than simply display the message "Welcome Frank", the gadget is more personalised and instead displays the name of the current Windows user.
- Millennium Group profiler Frank Black
- Personalised - Automatically welcomes the current logged in user!
- Countdown - Displays the current number of days until December 21st, 2012 (the forthcoming Apocalypse?).
- Easily customisable countdown date (see below).
- Site Link - Clicking the Ouroborus takes you to our main website at millennium-thisiswhoweare.net
- Drag and drop from your sidebar to your desktop with transparent background.
- v1.1 - Re-compressed as Vista wouldn't always install the gadget as original version was compressed with Winrar before renaming to .gadget
- v1.0 - Initial release.
Any version of Windows Vista or Windows 7!
Download and open the file. The file will normally open in Windows Sidebar. From there you can add it to your Widows Vista Sidebar or Windows 7 desktop.
Once installed, click anywhere except the image on the gadget to re-position it on your sidebar or onto your desktop. Clicking on the image will take you to our website.
Advanced functionality - How to change the date of the countdown in Vista (untested as of yet on Windows 7 but same principle).
READ THIS CAREFULLY!
Don't change the coding! Advanced users are allowed to change the time/date/timezone 'dday variable' only.
The default counts down to the mythical apocalypse. To change the countdown to your prefered event:
1. By default, gadgets are located in %userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows sidebar\gadgets
(To open this quickly paste %userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows sidebar\gadgets into the search box on Vista's Start Menu and it will take you straight to the gadgets folder on your hard drive.)
2. Open up millennium_frank_black.html - Right click on it and open it with Notepad or a HTML editor
3. Change var dday = new Date("22 December 2012 00:00:00 GMT") ; to your preference but keep the format!
eg. var dday = new Date("31 December 2025 00:00:00 EST") ;
Don't remove anything else like the semi-colon or quote marks and don't change the format or it won't work!
4. Save the file. Close the gadget if its already running in your Sidebar, and then re-add the gadget from the Sidebar Gallery.
[*]Sometimes a small dotted border is shown around the image link on the gadget, when the sidebar first loads. Simply move the mouse cursor across the image and it disappears.[*]If you are using this on Windows XP with Alky Sidebar (see above), be sure to use Internet Explorer 7 or later to correctly display transparent png images which this gadget uses.[*] The Gadget uses a Windows system value to determine the user's name that comes from the name of the User's folder, that contains their application settings, My Pictures Documents etc. Unfortunately, some computers have Windows pre-installed with a generic user name like User or Owner, instead of it asking for your own personal name when you use the computer for the first time. There isn't much you can do about that for now until the next release of the gadgets which allows full name customisation.
MILLENNIUM and all related characters are © Copyright Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc and its related entities. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version See changelog
No changelog available for this version.