Legend of the Seeker

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

I don't know if anyone has read Terry Goodkind's books, but they're being turned into a syndicated series called "Legend of the Seeker". A fan of Goodkind's work recently found out some information about the show, including some of the writers. The ones working on Episode 4 should ring a bell:

https://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12472

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this show.

And not only Erin Maher & Kay Reindl will be working on this. John Shiban (The X-Files and Harsh Realm writer and producer) is an executive producer and show runner. ;)

Guest betweenthelines

Yeah, someone close to Goodkind posted about it on the official forum for the books/show. I'll try to find the link to it later.

Another X-Files/LOTS connection: Ken Biller cowrote Season 1's 'Eve'. I expected "Legend of the Seeker" to have so many Xena/Hercules connections since all three shows were shot in New Zealand and were produced by the same people, but I'm surprised that there are quite a few 1013 alums attached to this project as well.

ETA: here it is.

https://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/showth...ighlight=Shiban

Edited by betweenthelines

• 4 weeks later...
Guest betweenthelines

When watching the most recent episode, I noticed that Reindl and Miller also earned executive producing credits. Good for them!

Has anyone seen the show yet? For the most part I enjoy it. The cinematography and scenery are stunning and the main actors work well together. Unfortunately the dialogue is silly and some of the characters' actions are ludicrous. Some of the special effects are weak, but there's only so much that can be achieved with a TV budget. So yeah, not a bad show but it could be so much better if the writing improved.

Thanks Graham,

It's always nice to catch up with the 1013 team, I'm loving seeing Darin's name attached to Fringe and hope that, should the show survive, he will maybe contribute an episode or two - hell let him script an entire season. I have been reading Kay Reindl's Blog lately and she was slating the show, I can't comment as of yet as we've only see a handful of episodes here in the UK and I'm reserving judgement. I must say, however, that Kay's best work was Millennium and she's been involved with a few turkeys herself since. Let's hope this sees a return to her fine form.

Eth