Millennium Soundtrack on iTunes

Rate this topic

Guest skaldcrow

Guest skaldcrow

Hello,

This is my first post, though I have visited the site a few times. I'm a fan of the show, but don't usually frequent message boards. I am posting now because this morning I was checking out the iTunes music store and found Mark Snow's "The Best of Millenium" soundtrack to download. COOL!!! I prefer buying actual cds over downloading them, so I searched on amazon, tower records, google, etc, and came up with nothing. Does anyone know about this? It says the release date was the 19th. Is there any info on this site that i might have missed? Is a cd actually available or is it only available for download? In any case, this, along with the fact that Millennium is finally coming to dvd is exciting news. Thank you for allowing me to post here, and any information anyone has would be appreciated.

-Matthew

Guest skaldcrow

You have to download the iTunes music store, which you can do here:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/store/shop.html

Once you have, type in "Mark Snow" or "the best of millennium" in the search box and it should come up. Here's the track listing:

1-Pilot Episode: Main Title (Long)

2-Pilot Episode: Bumper #1/M2

3-Pilot Episode: M10

4-Pilot Episode: M13

5-Marantha: 1M1

6-Marantha: 1M5

7-Marantha: 3M3/3M4

8-Marantha: 4M1

9-Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense:M15

10-Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense:M11

11-Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense:M22

12-Midnight of the Century: Bumper #1/1M2

13-Midnight of the Century: Bumper 1M4/3M1

14-Midnight of the Century: Bumper 4M2

15-The Time Is Now: 1M1

16-The Time Is Now: 2M2

17-The Time Is Now: 4M1

18-Omerta: 1M2

19-Omerta: 1M3/2M2/2M4

20-Omerta: 4M4

21-Goodbye to All That: 4M2a

22-Goodbye to All That: End Titles

• Elders (Admins)

I have to congratulate you on this discovery. Its completely out of the blue as far as I know. I'm currently downloading the 20MB iTunes software. As far the track listing this is completely different to the Season One Soundtrack Promo 'discovered' last year.

Graham.

I have to congratulate on this discovery. Its completely out of the blue as fa as I know. I'm currently downloading the 20MB iTunes software. As far the track listing this is completely different to the Season One Soundtrack Promo 'discovered' last year.

Graham.

..according someone else i know who got this,this is really just the season-1 soundtrack with different song titles. it's the same length and the same number of songs. i hope to be getting a copy soon to confirm this. one thing i can say with some certainty is that there is no official release of MM music of any kind. how this got on i-tunes is a mystery to me because they are supposedly legit service?

se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Well, I would have to say that this CD contains different tracks to the promo cd. The promo CD did not contain music from Doomsday Defense or Omerta. Some of the tracks such as the main theme and the themes from Marantha are definitely the same as the Season one promo cd. No question about it, same quaility and everything.

I was able to download the iTunes software, run it and a search for Millennium or Mark Snow failed to produce a result. However by browsing the catalog via soundtracks I found it listed just as Skaldcrow advised.

Unfortunately as I'm in the UK I receievd a message telling me iTunes isn't yet available in my country and I wouldn't be able to buy or download the tracks. However I was able using the << > >> controls to listen to 30 second previews of each and every track.

Talk about torment. I would imagaine if you are in the US, you can download or buy the CD! Perhaps someone can confirm this works?

So I ran a search for title Best Of MillenniuM - Mark Snow and found nothing on the net. As mentioned it does state the release date was Dec 19th 2003. Other details:

The Best Of MillenniuM (Soundtrack from the TV Show)

Mark Snow

Release date December 19th 2003

(p) 2003 Fox Music

I wasn't able to find anything via Google under various sites except I ran a search for Fox Music and found their site:

www.foxmusic.com

I also found mention of a CD:

Millennium Theme with sample in real audio format

Not sure what these are but one of them mentions TCF Music Publishing Inc of whom I coudn't find a site at all but lots of mentions. Seemed they joined up with Universal Music some time ago.

So I would say this seems completely genuine and it is different to the Season One Promo, perhaps the promo was dropped in favour of a Best Of Compilation?

I don't understand how Mark Snow could release a new CD even if through Fox and yet no site, in particular Mark Snow sites mention it!

Graham.

post-1-1074820812.jpg

Edited by The Old Man

Guest LauraKrycek

Not really sure what that last one's about, but I think the second one's for that movie "Millennium" from the 80's.

Can anyone hook me up with some samples to the music on that site? I don't want to download yet *more* weird software onto my computer -- I'm probably going to have to have it reformatted just in case before I graduate as it is.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I tested the links I posted above they work fine for me. However Laura was right in that the last 2 refered to the Kris Kristofferson movie, Millennium so I have deleted them from my earlier post. It was gone 1am! Strangely if you do look at them for one of the Millennium film links it said the score was by Mark Snow. Did he do that or is that a mistake?

I've left the other one as its contains a preview of the MillenniuM theme .

As for the iTunes Previews, you can listen to them but can't save them.

Is is possible to record them via your soundcard so I can uploaded them to TIWWA for you to listen to them. However time is short for the next 2 days. I'll try and do it this evening but I have to dismantle my 2 PC's to take to a LAN party tomorrow. It may be Sunday afternoon when I'm back online.

Graham.

Guest skaldcrow

Since no one knew much about this, and it's not online anywhere, I went ahead and downloaded it. I hadn't bought anything from iTunes before, so I was a little unsure about sound quality, but it is superb. This definitely SOUNDS like an official release, in terms of quality. I haven't heard the promo cd that has been mentioned, so I can't speak of similarities. The music is awesome (of course) :jumping: .