What? LoneGunMan Movie?

Rate this topic

couldnt believe until i saw this:

01.06.08 BACK FROM THE DEAD: THE LONE GUNMEN MOVIE

Happy New Year everybody!!! There are some good news from Dean Haglund who played Langly in The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen. According to his podcast interview on December 31st, he is going to produce The Lone Gunmen movie this year. Well, kind of. He co-wrote a script for the movie called Back From The Dead with three co-stars in it: Dean Haglund, Tom Braidwood (Frohike) and Bruce Harwood (Byers). FOX has nothing to do with the movie and it's going to be an independent film production. The movie should be a parody, but as Dean said, "the script goes deeper than just a parody. (...) It is a love-letter for the fans." So let's wish Dean and the Gunmen good luck!!!

this info was taken from: 1013 universe

Guest Laurent.

I could not find any other information on this movie... Makes me wonder how "independent" this film is going to be. I hope it won't be a "let's get together this weekend and make a funny movie in my yard, we'll burn it on some dvds and I'll sell them on my website". The characters deserve quality.

Joe, Laran?

Am I right in thinking that this has already been released in a comic book format? I am sure Dean Haglund was selling such a thing on his website at one point.

Either way I guess they are good friends with Carter or Morgan and Wong for being allowed to use the characters independently of The X-Files.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

You're right Eth, I actually own the comic book you're referring to. It's called "Why The Lone Gunmen was canceled?" and it was written and drawn by Dean Haglund; but it was released at least two years ago if my memory serves me right. If Dean really mentioned a possible movie in his podcast on 31-12-2008; he certainly wasn't referring to the comic.

Oh superb stuff!

A Gunmen movie, parody or otherwise, would be most welcome. I sincerely hope they tempt Stephen and Zuleikha enough to rejoin the fold. Is the comic book any good Laran?

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest tjmasiakowski

Oh, that would be really superb if it came out.

The Lone Gunmen are right after X-Files in my

chart of favourites.

Guest Laurent.

I can understand why Tom Braidwood (Frohike) and Bruce Harwood (Byers) would be ready to reprise their respective roles in Haglund's independant TLG movie. The three of them are certainly good friends after ten years together; and it is apparent in the interviews, commentaries and "behind-the-scenes" footage available. But Zuleikha does not have the same reasons to take back her role as Yves, especially since she is now in a new TV show and that her payroll will certainly be a lot different (the movie being independent and not a FOX production). I would not mind her absence as much as Stephen's; his character was the best addition (with Micheal McKean, who's not really an addition) to separate TLG from X-Files.

I'm just wondering what Haglund's script looks like in terms of atmosphere... I would prefer a movie with the same look as TLG best episodes ("Tango..." and "All about Yves") than a parody of themselves without the seriousness of paranoia and conspiracy. Anyway, it sounds light-years away from a "done deal" but we can certainly hope. I remember Haglund speaking, three years ago, about negotiations to make a Gunmen "straight to dvd" movie. I emailed Spotnitz about it and he told me that he wasn't aware of anything going on with those characters, but that he would be more than ready to bring them back if possible. I would be quite shocked if this rumor turns out to be true and no 1013 writer is involved (Spotnitz and Gilligan did amazing work with the three characters).