MillenniuM comes finally to CD

Rate this topic

SadEyes

• Elders (Moderators)

Finally it is happening:

While this upcoming Friday is considered to be "Black Friday" amongst retailers in the States, LA LA LAND RECORDS is making NEXT TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2 "BLACK TUESDAY" here in Film Score World.

The Dark Knight, Frank Black and the Terminator (a harbinger of death) will ALL be coming by!

That's right, starting next Tuesday, December 2 at 12 PM PST La La Land Records will be taking orders on the following titles:

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES:

MUSIC BY SHIRLEY WALKER, LOLITA RITMANIS, AND MICHAEL McCUISTON. THEME BY DANNY ELFMAN.

2 DISC SET.

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

Autographed by Lolita and Michael

MILLENNIUM

MUSIC BY MARK SNOW.

2 DISC SET

LIMITED EDITION OF 2000 UNITS

Autographed by Mark Snow

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES

MUSIC BY BEAR MCCREARY. FEATURING THE SONG "SAMSON AND DELILAH" PERFORMED BY SHIRLEY MANSON (OF GARBAGE)

RETAIL EDITION

Autographed by Bear

We will not be accepting any orders for these cds until 12 pm PST December 2.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gobble Gobble.

MV

La-La-Land

Hurray!!! :clapping:

Guest Anephric

Hey all - long time fan of the show here. Wanted to give everyone a head's up that LaLaLand Records is releasing a limited edition (2000 copies) 2 CD set of Mark Snow's music from Millennium Tuesday, December 2 at 12 PM PST . FIRST 100 ORDERS WILL BE AUTOGRAPHED BY MARK SNOW (Well, I'm not sure of the exact number but all previous LLL offers on autographs were limited to the first 100)

Track listing is as follows:

MILLENNIUM TRACK LISTING:

DISC ONE

1 MAIN TITLE A 0:53

PILOT

2 BIG YELLOW HOUSE * 1:56

3 RAIN 3:30

4 EXTERMINATED 4:53

BLOOD RELATIVES

5 MOURNERS*/DRAGGED IN 3:24

THE WELL WORN LOCK

6 LOCK 2:45

7 LOCK PART 2 0:57

THE WILD AND THE INNOCENT

8 DEATH PRAYER* 3:32

MARANATHA

9 CHERNOBYL* 4:00

10 YAPONCHIK 1:00

11 MYTH NO MORE/ANTICHRIST 5:07

12 SAVIOUR 7:49

PAPER DOVE

13 CRUSHED DOVE 1:54

THE BEGINNING AND THE END

14 HEADLIGHTS* 2:53

15 CHECK/GET IT BACK AGAIN 1:39

MONSTER

16 HENNY PENNY* 1:53

17 M-FILES*/LITTLE PIGS 5:00

THE CURSE OF FRANK BLACK

18 JACK O'LANTERN 1:20

19 BATTERY 2:04

20 ACTS 1:48

21 790 DAYS 4:03

THE HAND OF SAINT SEBASTIAN

22 COMETOSE*/ORIGINS/WOODS 1:22

JOSE CHUNG'S DOOMSDAY DEFENSE

23 THE WRITER 2:53

24 GOOPY (ALT) 5:37

25 FINAL CHAPTER 1:42

26 END TITLE 0:33

TOTAL DISC TIME: 74:27:00

DISC TWO

1 MAIN TITLE (LONG) 3:39

MIDNIGHT OF THE CENTURY

2 DELETE* 1:39

3 BRANCHES/ANGELS 4:52

OWLS

4 DAMASCUS 4:36

5 THE SUBJECT 3:41

6 AEROTECH 1:34

ROOSTERS

7 TRAIL 1:14

SOMEHOW, SATAN GOT BEHIND ME

8 ALARM 1:51

9 X-FYLES 2:08

10 SYMPATHY FOR THE. . . 2:20

THE TIME IS NOW

11 HOT BIRDS 1:33

12 THE PETER PRINCIPLE 3:07

13 CATHERINE 2:33

CLOSURE

14 SILENCE IS GOLDEN 3:16

15 CANDY 7:30

OMERTA

16 SANTOS ELVES* 3:51

17 UNWRAPPED GIFT 2:48

18 LOVE JORDAN/HOBBIT HOUSE 2:20

19 THE WAY IT WAS 3:55

GOODBYE TO ALL THAT

20 SHRAPNEL* 3:54

21 CHANNEL 14 4:15

22 LOCKED OUT 1:21

23 DRILLING 4:56

24 END TITLE 0:37

BONUS TRACK

25 MAIN TITLE VOCAL REMIX 0:50

TOTAL DISC TIME: 74:20:00

* - CONTAINS MUSIC BY JEFF CHARBONNEAU

This was all confirmed by the label on the FilmScoreMonthly forum here - https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/post...1&archive=0

You can order the CD here - https://www.lalalandrecords.com

Edited by Anephric

Oh my God how absolutely incredible is this? I have just worked out the UK time I need to be online to get this and I work it out to be 8pm GMT, am I right guys? I'm worried I might not get a copy.

Eth

Guest Anephric

Millennium will undoubtably sell well but you should have a 24 hour window at the very least - unless you want an autographed copy. Signed CDs have sold out within the first 10 minutes, as they did with David Arnold's Godzilla and Bill Conti's Masters Of The Universe.

Also as a mixed blessing, theres a "bigger" release on that site the same day (Batman The Animated Series 2CD set) which will probably get more attention than Snow's set. Yet - more people may be pushed by impulse to buy it? Score collectors are a strange lot.

Good luck to all!

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, Anerphic and welcome to the board by the way!

I think an autographed copy is a must so I will sit at my keyboard, poised to bid as soon as they are released. I must say I checked the site out and it is very competitively priced, I expected to pay much more for some of the releases there than they are charging. I know members here have discussed the news that Snow was releasing his MM compositions prior to Christmas but now that it's a reality I am sure there will be more than just I who is eager to get a copy. With this being the year of the X-Files it's wonderful that MM fans have something of their own to look forward to. I notice one of the track is listed as 'Roosters' and I am praying this is the composition that accompanies Lara's 'checking Peter Watts' files out' scene in Rooster, now that would be just wonderful.

Best wishes,

Eth

PS There is an existing thread on this very subject so I hope you will think no ill of me for merging the two.

Guest ZeusFaber

Wow! This is awesome, at long last it's actually happening. And the track listing sounds absolutely fantastic! Full coverage of "Omerta". Almost 10 minutes from "The Curse of Frank Black". The end theme from "Paper Dove". Pretty much everything I ever wanted.

One question for clarification - this is going to have a full commercial release worldwide at some point, in some form, right? It's not just limited to these 2000 and that's it forever, is it? Because that would be just crazy.

They also say in a thread at a film score board that Batman: TAS has a Volume 2 almost done, so I guess we will see that in a couple months, and couple that with the fact Snow's work has been been compilling for release and now we suddenly get "MillenniuM, makes me think La La Land Records will be releasing more by him later.

The time is not only NOW, it's also going to repeat!

Guest Anephric

Thanks for having me ethsnafu! If you look closely, you'll notice that "Roosters" is actually refering to the episode title, not a track. You'll find the tracklistings broken up into what episode each is from.

Theres a good chance that LLL will put out more from Snow not because of Millennium so much as that producer Ford Thaxton has put out a number of Mr Snow's scores like Helter Skelter and (the X-Files influenced) Private Fears In Public Places (both on BSX records). Ford is a really good producer, whos put out a *ton* of amazing CDs that are generally forgotten about. He's long held a torch for Snow's work and always chimes in on the subject.

ZeusFaber - 2000 copies is it! This is not the choice of the label, as many people would suspect. Its generally a matter of music rights, ownership and costs more than anything else. Yes, there could be a re-release some years later but it only seems to happen with the most popular of the most popular. Get this while its available, folks!

Edited by Anephric

Guest ZeusFaber

^ Thanks for the clarification there, Anephric. Shame that those factors don't allow for a wider distribution. I know that I'll be devastated if I miss out! But even if by some miracle I manage to be one of the first two thousand, it goes without saying that there will be many more fans weeping and cursing their luck for the rest of time.

But as they say, beggars cannot be choosers.