John Kenneth Muir Interviews Chris Carter

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Moderators)
John Kenneth Muir.

The wonderful John Kenneth Muir has been an outspoken supporter of Millennium, in fact I quoted one of his remarkable insights and reflections into the series for our Episode Guide's Introduction to Millennium, I hope he doesn't mind!

Recently John was granted what turned out to be a fascinating and lengthy interview with Millennium's equally wonderful creator Chris Carter. I won't give anything away except to say that its a great interview and one not to be missed.

As Wikipedia puts it, John Kenneth Muir (born 1969) is an American literary critic. He has written over twenty-one reference books in the fields of film and television, with a particular accent on the horror and science fiction genres. He has been described as one of the horror genre's "most widely read critics", and as an "accomplished film journalist".

You can enjoy reading John's full article including the interview with Chris Carter at his superb blog over at John Kenneth Muir's Reflections on Film/TV. Beware, one note of caution, you'll be glued to John's fascinating website for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark it!

hFZ5IdkRWK4

View the original article at millennium-thisiswhoweare.net

Hi guys,

I just spotted this on line and I have to say it is one of the best CC/Millennium interviews I have read in a long time. Everyone knows that John is a huge fan of Millennium and its nice to see our beloved show taking prominence in an interview for once and whilst the other shows do get mentioned you can tell John's love for Millennium is overwhelmingly on display. A nice mention of B2FB though Chris raises a fair point, unlike The X-Files which has supporters at Fox that can help the fans in their campaign for more, we Millennium fans have no allies there and this really holds us back but we keep on trying. Anyhow, less of me and more of John. Check it out here folks!

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Good find, Mark. A very interesting and informative interview. I'll have more to say later, but interviews like this send me off in directions that result in a multi-page response. I'll be back when I've edited it down to something more reasonable.

• Elders (Admins)

(Merged the two topics on the same subject with the one in the main news forum.)

Indeed this was a great interview, I need to return to it again! How nice to have received a Birthday Greeting from Mr Carter himself!

This is my favourite quote from that interview. I think it describes, beautifully, the relationship between Catherine and Frank during Season One of the show and for some reason "painting it away" has always been the phrase that I use to explain Frank's method of protecting his wife from the darkness. I had a little fan moment when the great man himself used it too.

CARTER: The characters are tragic. That's what makes them interesting. Their flaws and their weaknesses. And also their strengths. By not telling his wife about the darkness, Frank is painting it away. By not telling her about the polaroids, he's painting it away. It's a strength, but one which could be viewed as a weakness in terms of how men relate to women.

Did you guys and gals listen to the three part (almost three hours) of John Kenneth Muir and some other guy talking just about Millennium. The audio quality aside, it's a fascinating listen. You should be able to find it somewhere through Muir's fantastic blog.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Let me see if I can find the links for you all later. He didn't do the podcasts with us, he did them with a friend of his, I believe, and as Josef mentioned there are about three hours of material. I think he did one podcast per season. I know the links were posted here at the time but I'll dig them up later if I can find them.

Eth