Mikado

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming
I really liked this episode. I must have missed this on when it originally aired. I just liked the whole idea of playing with the numbers and the clues Frank, Peter, and Rodecker had to decode to find Avatar. And Avatar, wow what a freak. And the ending just killed me.

Guest Wellington

Hi

I really enjoyed the mere contrast between the begining and the end of the prolog. The part "not truly free, not truly 21" is full of good spirit. But then the live throat splitting reminds that it is MM, and not Step by Step!

Regards

Guest LauraKrycek
I really enjoyed this one too.  Made me want to see "The Mikado", LOL.  Not to mention helped me to get into the number phase I was in for awhile there... all due to 1013, of course.

It is interesting on how they presented a fictional version of the Zodiac killer who has embraced new technology.    The ciphers and shooting people were clearly a nod to the Zodiac.   Taking the action to San Francisco is another nod because the Zodiac killings took place around and in San Francisco.   Great episode by the way, but for a long time i thought Roedecker was mentioning Forhike's name when he walked into the Millennium group computer room and yet I was mistaken.  I wtached the episode weeks ago and it wasn't Frohike being mentioned.  How memory plays tricks on you unless 1013 decided to change the line after the intial airing, but probably not I think.  

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest Second Coming
It is interesting on how they presented a fictional version of the Zodiac killer who has embraced new technology.    The ciphers and shooting people were clearly a nod to the Zodiac.   Taking the action to San Francisco is another nod because the Zodiac killings took place around and in San Francisco.   Great episode by the way, but for a long time i thought Roedecker was mentioning Forhike's name when he walked into the Millennium group computer room and yet I was mistaken.  I wtached the episode weeks ago and it wasn't Frohike being mentioned.  How memory plays tricks on you unless 1013 decided to change the line after the intial airing, but probably not I think.  

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

That's funny, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. And like the Zodiac killer he was never found.

Guest Mr. Ected Hostility
You know, there are theories that the real life Zodiac killer did in fact pick up on new technology. Some poeple believe that the Unabomber is in fact the Zodiac killer. It's kind of out there but I guess there are certain patholgies and dates that mach up. They think he gave up on one form of killing and moved to another.

Guest Anamnesis

it was nice to watch an episode that at least reflected real life from the point of view that the good guys don't always win.  I can't tell you the amount of films and TV shows that have so much potential, but totally screw it up with terrible endings that make sense for the sake of making sense.  The good guys don't always win and even when they do it is not always a good thing.  Millennium has probably one of the highest counts of uncaptured baddies for a series (pure speculation of course) and with someone (or should that be something) like Lucy Butler on the run, I would be a little worried.

Still this would be one of my favourite episodes.

:bigsmile:

Probably one of the very best episodes of MLM.  I thought the use of the opera The Mikado was brilliant... "...The Lord High Executioner..."  And the Avatar's use of the internet and computer technology.  Nice triple play by the writers on the name of Avatar.  1st of all, it is an image to project ones chosen persona into cyberspace.  2ndly, it is a powerful mythological being of immence power and light.  3rdly, it conjures up the feel of a name like Zodiac.  The writers really nailed it with the name, and soooooo many other elements of the episode that we have been discussing here.

Until the next refreshment,

Scott

• 3 months later...

I know I'm chiming in a little late, but I totaly agree, Scott!  I never get tired of watching "The Mikado", as you can tell from the signiture I used for so long.  (Only changed it, 'cause I felt I needed a change, to symbolize this new phase in my life.)  I get something different out of The Mikado every time I see it.  It combines all the elements of great drama I love.  A Mystery...hidden clues in music or poetry...Good ol' fashion gothic drama...and leaving loose ends, just to make you worry!   :devil:

WE WORK IN THE DARK, WE DO WHAT WE CAN, WE GIVE WHAT WE HAVE...OUR DOUBT IS OUR PASSION, OUR PASSION IS OUR TASK...AND THE REST IS THE MADDNESS OF ART

:ouro:THIS IS WHO WE ARE :ouro:

RAVEN WOLF