Song At The Beginning Of Skull And Bones

Rate this topic

Guest tamarisk

Guest tamarisk

Hi,

I just finished watching Skull and Bones and I'm wondering if anyone knows what song is playing at the beginning of the episode (before the credits roll) as Ed, the "paranoid recluse," is sitting on the park bench. This is the part where he sees the kids arguing and the skeletal hand rises from the dirt beside him. The song has a heavy distorted guitar riff underneath an eastern-sounding string tune with only a few decipherable lyrics. The vocals are spoken more than sung. I tried googling what I could understand: which is something like "fire dry," "to last breath"/"cool as breath," "bitter wet." Anyway, if no one here knows I'll have to keep listening with headphones and try and figure it out. So far all of the transcripts / episode descriptions I've found have only listed "Love Hurts" by Nazareth which plays at the end of the episode.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Tamarisk

• Elders (Moderators)

Because English is not my mother tongue I sometimes watch English-language DVD’s with the ”Subtitles for the hearing impaired” option on (in order to avoid losing track :embarassed: ). You should try that, if possible, since the subtitles usually contain accurate information about the music playing on the background. If the subtitles are not available for some reason, don’t worry, I’ll check it out and get back to you on this later, unless someone else has already recognised the song by then. :wink:

Love,

dontbesodark

Edited by dontbesodark
  • Thanks 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, so much for my good advice... the answer wasn't there! :nope: Sorry... but I'm sure someone else will recognise that song. Interesting piece of music, by the way.

• Thanks 1

Guest tamarisk

Yes, it's the music on boombox but it isn't just background noise, it ends up being the primary soundtrack just before the credits roll.

Thanks for your warm welcome, I'm really enjoying these forums. Thanks dontbesodark for your help as well. I'm sure we'll figure this out eventually =)

Tamarisk

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, tamarisk!

I have checked the subtitles on the DVD and there's no mention of the music, nor at the end of the credits. That is a bit unusual, as any copyrighted music is usually included in the subtitles, and as the music does play more of a role than just background music I would have expected it to be mentioned or credited somewhere.

I also checked on alt.tv.millennium via Google Groups and a couple of people had asked the same question, but no-one had an answer. I suspect that the answer is going to come from someone who is more familiar than me with that genre of music.

I hope someone can come up with some clues - it fits in very well with the scene so it would be good to know what the song is and who the group is.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks Libby!

Tamarisk, its been a while since I watched this Season. I really want to get back to it.

Thanks for the teaser!

Anyone got an idea about the singer or group? At least that would be a start and a place to look!

• Elders (Moderators)

This thing is really teasing me now.. I started to think about what happens in that particular scene, because sometimes you can find a hint in there, as we all know.

Well, this sounds really far-fetched, but every now and then it may be useful to be stupid.. :wtf: The man on the bench sees two kids arguing, but to him they appear as two mice (I don’t have the opportunity to check the scene right now, so let’s hope I can remember it correctly, or everyone on board will think I’m the one having hallucinations).

Now, as far as I know there’s a band called 2 Bad Mice. I know absolutely nothing about the band let alone the genre of music it may represent, but maybe someone knows and can tell us, is it worth while to check some of their songs. Then again, maybe the mice just refer to the traditional fairy-tale or something..

love,

dontbesodark

Since neither the song nor the band is credited it could be an original piece written and performed by someone on the sound/mixing crew. Even on Closed Caption the words do not appear [ it is listed as 'indistinct'] and anything that is copyrighted comes up on CC. I have a friend who worked for another BC studio and this was common practice even original art work [ paintings, pottery, jewelry] were used if it fit into the scene. :jumping:

• Like 1