The Others - On UK TV Channel 5

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

I just found out that "The Others" is showing on Channel 5 on UK TV:

Time: 23:50 to 00:40 (50 minutes long).

When: Tuesday 2nd September on Five

Luciferous. Series 1, episode 6.

Supernatural drama series about a group of psychics who explore paranormal phenomena. Dark forces attempt to prevent Marian from pursuing her psychic gift, and Mark, too, begins to have cold feet about being one of The Others.

Starring: Julianne Nicholson, Gabriel Macht, John Billingsley

(Repeat, Subtitles, Stereo)

Sadly, I missed the Pilot and first few eps but it will be nice to see this creation from Morgan & Wong.

Regards,

Graham.

Guest LauraKrycek
Oh, that's great!  I loved "The Others".  Parts of it were terrible, but I loved it.  And that episode, "Luciferous", was the one that made me hate toile.  Euuggghhh.  It's nice, and I wish I could stand to wear it, because it's pretty, but then I just look at it closer and... euuggghhh.

I enjoyed The Others too.  It had one hell of an ending for the last episode (the season finale).    Tooo bad NBC showed one episode out-of-order after the season finale had aired.    I have all 13 episodes on tape.   I know some episodes weren't great, but other episodes were fantastic.    I wish Dreamworks would put the 13 episodes on DVD or some company like Anchor Bay (or ADV) put the show out on DVD.   Have a better one.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 2 years later...
Guest ein042

I remember the frustration of trying to find the show which was constantly preempted!

1112 was my favorite.

the image of the wife sitting in the hockey bench seat with the one next to her folded up then seeing the next scene where it was empty but down, was so emotionally moving.

God I've love this series to be available here!!

Bonnie

Guest ein042

If I remember correctly one of the others was getting messages from the woman’s husband.

She was apparently grieving over the loss of her baby and her husband in an auto accident.

We saw two hockey benches one number 11 one number 12 folded up, These seemed significant to her and her husband but I don’t remember the back story well.

She sat in one while we got flashbacks of the accident, when we returned to find her crying, the camera pulls out to reveal that the other bench is open, as if someone’s sitting beside her.

This aired at a time when a friend lost her sister suddenly and was grieving, It just touched me so deeply for some reason.

Bonnie

Guest ein042

Sorry, I meant to expand on this Graham, but my son and I are arguing over what actually happened in the episode.

I shouldn't spoil it anyway if you get to see it - theres a twist ending and all together a fantastic show. Not sure it was written by M & W but it has their DNA all over it.

Bonnie

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there will ever be a DVD release of this show? I am bordering on obsessive these days about seeing this. I wanted to see it for a few years and then consoled myself that it would probably never get a DVD release of any kind but in the last few weeks I keep reading more and more about the show, quite by accident half the time and it's started that passion going all over again.

Anyone know anything, anyone help?

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

I'd still love to see this show as well! When I saw the topic pop up in View New Content, I thought Yes! I'm finally going to get to see it! Then I found it was this old cob webby topic!

Oh cruel fate...

Bumpity bump...

Nothing? No-one? At this point I'm willing to spend golden coins to get my hands on a few old VHS recordings if that what it takes. In fact as anyone actually seen this?

I read somewhere (can't remember where) Kay Reindl saying that if people wondered where M&W would have gone with a third season of Millennium then "The Others" episode 'Till Then' was a good indication of what they would have done. Intrigued I had a little look around and the synopsis is thus: "Elmer wrestles with his distant past as an American serviceman based in Britain during World War II whose special psychic gifts were employed even then to help doomed flyers "get to the other side"-but there was one who refused to go, and his fate is now intertwined with that of a downed American pilot who is lost in the Iraqi desert." Not entirely sure what she's implying there but then again I haven't seen it but I did think; a retrospective war time episode with the Mills Brother's 'Till Then' playing throughout sounds a little like what Kay and Erin were doing in MM S3 with Matryoshka. Even more intrigued now.

Eth