The Terminator homage

Rate this topic

Guest medication77

Guest medication77

It happened more often in season 1 but there was this Percussive/ electronic sound used that was very similar to the terminator soundtrack and thought that it must be a nod to one of the most popular films Lance was in and As you all may know Lance Henriksen was originally going to play the terminator but then ended up playing a cop instead.

I love it when shows give you little things to discover.

Has any else noticed this?

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
It happened more often in season 1 but there was this Percussive/ electronic sound used that was very similar to the terminator soundtrack and thought that it must be a nod to one of the most popular films Lance was in and As you all may know Lance Henriksen was originally going to play the terminator but then ended up playing a cop instead.

NOOO..., interesting Medi! After I get through the X-Files, I'll pay special notice to the soundZ when I go through the series again. GEEZ, I have about 1000 things to look for now when I watch the show, thanks to all YOU people!!! :wtf:

Actually, I'm kinda at a loss... I honestly do NOT remember Lance being in any of the Terminator films... :nope: I guess I'd better go back and check...

Guest medication77

Yeah he was in the police station when the police were searching for Sarah Conner and answered to Paul Winfields character.

If you have the terminator DVD check out the picture james cameron drew of Lance as the terminator its really cool.

Edited by medication77

Guest SouthernCelt

If what you're referring to is the sound like a piece of metal being struck a sharp blow with a hammer but at a distance and with a bit of echo,yes, I noticed it, especially upon rewatching eps on DVD.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
If what you're referring to is the sound like a piece of metal being struck a sharp blow with a hammer but at a distance and with a bit of echo,yes, I noticed it, especially upon rewatching eps on DVD.

MAN, you guys have REALLY got me going here! There just isn't enough BLOODY time in the day to check all this neat stuff!!! :nope:

I will say though, in watching the X-Files now, I REALLY, REALLY have come to appreciate Mr. Snow's BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT soundZ for the show. Man, there is this kind of random thing he does with a piano (Hmmm, that could sound suggestive, especially to MIB... :doh: [sorry]) which is truly beautiful and totally conveys the mood perfectly. The guy is incredible! I've always though David Lynch's composer Badalamenti was about the best, but I honestly think this guy blows him outta the water! :yes:

• 1 month later...
If you have the terminator DVD check out the picture james cameron drew of Lance as the terminator its really cool.

For those you don't have the DVD

pdvd000tq8.jpg

pdvd002ei9.jpg