You Know You've Been Watching Too Much Millennium When...

Rate this topic

Guest Polaroid Stalker
Message added by The Old Man

This is a classic thread from way back in 2003! Add your thoughts as to when you know..! 

You know you've been watching too much millennium when . .

1)  You come home from work and upon discovering someone's eaten the last chocolate eclair, you start building a profile as to the likely suspect ("It couldn't be a woman, they rarely commit such hideous crimes . . ")

2)  Waiting for your luggage at the airport becomes a real issue, especially if there's a bearded man in the vicinity

3)  You phone IT support and tell them it doesn't matter how many times you've yelled "Soylent Green is peolpe" at your PC, it's STILL not working

You know you've been watching too much millennium when . .

1)  You come home from work and upon discovering someone's eaten the last chocolate eclair, you start building a profile as to the likely suspect ("It couldn't be a woman, they rarely commit such hideous crimes . . ")

2)  Waiting for your luggage at the airport becomes a real issue, especially if there's a bearded man in the vicinity

3)  You phone IT support and tell them it doesn't matter how many times you've yelled "Soylent Green is peolpe" at your PC, it's STILL not working

:rofl:  :rofl:  :laugh_big:  :laugh_big:

good ones.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Well, this seems as an appropriate place as any for my inaugural post.

Hmm, signs that you've been watching too much MillenniuM, huh?  Okay:

1.  You hear about missing teens on the news and call the police, insisting it was Lucy Butler.

2.  You type "Naked Girls" into Google and are astounded when it returns more than 473 matches!

3.  Whenever someone attempts to discuss the show you look suspicious and demand "How do you know about the group?!"

4.  You bombard the CDC with letters asking what they plan to do in case the Marburg virus breaks out.

Guest thebadshepherd

I'm sure these only happen to me:

You find you start many sentences with the phrase "Here's my thing".

You know the poem "The Widening Gyre" by heart.

You have attempted to shave your mustache into a pencil-thin line.

The sight of a Postal uniform makes you laugh uncontrollably.

You refuse to drink coffee at any donut shops.

You have requested the song "Goodbye, Charlie" for your funeral.

You name your child Franklin...and it's a girl.

AND, I often follow that by....."I'm results-oriented."  And, I mean it! :wink_big:

~Raven Wolf

Oh, let me tell you...  earlier this year, I rewatched every episode of Millennium after downloading the entire series (kudos to Grace, by the way, for the SVCDs, which allowed me to reacquaint myself with this great show, although I'm now downloading the SD-6 captures..).

Anyway, I'd totally forgotten that great "I'm results-oriented" line in 19:19.  I had to go for the pause button, I laughed so hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a warning, this may sound slightly obsessive.  :hug03:  (sorry, I couldn't find any winking smileys)

I've got this sort of MM shrine going in one section of my room at home. I'm afraid most of the physical objects I can remember off hand are from s2, but...

I have one TV guide, for GtaT, but most of the stuff is references or stretches. For example, a dollar bill (owls/roosters),  dice (TTIN), halloween pins of a ghost and a pumpkin - personalized with a red sharpie, a horse on which I wrote 'Broken World', a syringe (empty, always was, the kind w/out a needle), a set of Russian nesting Santas someone gave me over a decade ago(Matroyshka), one of those Cinco de Mayo skeleton head rings (Skull & Bones), a little centipede - I swear Frank was playing with one in Catherine's office for just a second in Siren. I also have 522666 written on a piece of tape on my phone...

Then some more general things like handcuffs, a few butterflies, angels (a lot of those for someone who's completely areligious), little toy snakes, some old toy locks and keys (TWWW), etc.

I have this pair of old cheap sunglasses on the lenses of which i wrote a whole bunch of Millenniumistic words - kind of a Lara halloween costume. The thing's in a corner and both walls are covered with pictures that reminded me of MM, eg a sunset, as well as a bunch of artwork I've done with MM themes.

Oh - and i have 2000 written out just below it. (I also have elsewhere 2063 written by Mars in a solar system as both a SAAB and more general MM reference.)

So basically I have a load of crap but themed crap. There's certainly more there; this is just off the top of my head half a country away. Apparently I also have waay too much time on my hands :angel:  :devil01: