You Know You've Been Watching Too Much Millennium When...

Rate this topic

Guest Polaroid Stalker
Message added by The Old Man

This is a classic thread from way back in 2003! Add your thoughts as to when you know..! 

:Ouro_Large:

-You say (or think, it counts) "Hey this reminds me of the MM ep where..."  at least three times a day

- You own a copy of The Complete Prophecies of Nostradamaus, and often look over it to compare it to the prophecies on Millennium.

Oh, boy... I'm in trouble! :sunglasses_big:

---YOU "DO" HAVE AN OROBOROS TATTOO-(I STILL INSIST IT'S ALL IN THE "O'S" :;): )...AND BY-GOLLY IT'S GREAT.

---YOU CO-PARTNER IN "BOTH" TIWWA AND MDUK.

---YOU'RE STILL,IN ENDLESS VAIN,TRYING TO FIND AN OFFICIAL MM-CREW CAP.

---BY WINTER/SPRIMG YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE A VANITY PLATE SAYING "7AND1" OR "TIWWA".

---YOU SPEND NEAR $2,400 TO GET EVERY EP OF MM-ON "LD" OVER A 9-MONTH PERIOD.

---YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GOING TO,NO MATTER HOW IT GOES,ACTUALLY "WRITE" A MM-BOOK.

...NUFF SAID,se7en   :ouro:  :eyes:

"Ladies and Gentlemen... WE HAVE A WINNER!" :thumbsup_big:

OH!  I almost forgot...

You have the Millennium theme so perminantly stuck in your head, that you actualy begin to hear lyrics... and you post them on TIWWA!

You already ARE working on a Millennium book, for TIWWA!  (I promise, I haven't forgotton, it's still "in the works"... *meaning-"I have writer's block"*  :praying_big: and it will resume just as soon as I get drunk enough to actualy write again!) :rofl: (just kidding....kinda) :wink_big:

First of all, BTW, I just want to say to 19:19 that this is an awesomely funny thread!  Way to go!

- When it is your first time at a shooting range, shooting various types of weapons, and several times during the course of the evening, you are thinking of MLM; FBI marksmanship training; Frank and various other characters at the shooting range; Agents Baldwin and Ema with the FBI assault team; etc.

- When you are looking for MLM themes, actors, writers, etc in all other TV shows and movies on the few occassions you regularly watch TV, except for getting to sleep at night or while getting ready for work in the morning... and even then, you see MLM themes in the news and headlines!

- When the main holidays that you celebrate during the year are associated with MLM episodes like Midnight of the Century, Omerta, The Curse of Frank Black, and 13 Years Later.

- When you create an an entire GURPS role playing game campaign based upon MLM/1013 which begins (in game time)in January 1998 and the players are working for Agent Boxer/Mabius (either by coersion, manipulation, or happless ignorance) accomplishing various things behind the scenes that get hinted about in the series - with various connections to various episodes and background info... complete with another Lucy appearance in the interim between Lamentations and A Room With No View!  I actually called it "Extreme Possibilities" because it was a complete 1013 crossover campaign.

- When, pretty much, most other TV looses appeal except for MLM/1013 shows.

- When you base all your screen names,email addys, and online persona upon one MLM sub-plot that only appears in one episode, and base an entire webpage upon such.

- When research into MLM themes translates into real world spirituality, philosophy, psychology and sociological reflections upon civilization and history.

- When you quote various lines spoken by characters, and various open quotes in casual or philosophical conversations.

- When are an active Elder/Administrator/Moderator with over 900 posts, and have set out to track down MLM cast/crew, and ask them for interviews for no fee, and invite them to come and hang out with over 300 other people who have also watched too many episodes of MLM too many times!

- When you can keep on thinking of things that are signs in your own life of having watched to many episodes of MLM!

Guest LauraKrycek

Ah yes, I didn't think of the fact that just before Christmas, I have a mini-marathon with Christmas episodes of X-Files, ending up with "Omerta" and then "Midnight of the Century" (sometimes the last two are switched due to production order and general merriment for the holiday).

And also that I can't watch any new show without wishing it was half as good as Millennium.  And I also didn't think of:

-Your backup is a career in the FBI, based on watching the *real* bureau function in the 1013 world.  All you need is two years' experience with any college degree.

-You have spent countless hours designing, drawing, redrawing, copying, coloring, scanning, etc. the design of an ouroborous for your tattoo of it -- even though you're so terrified of needles that you can't even give blood

-Whenever you see an ex-MM actor (regular or episodic) in anything else, you squeal and cry "It's (character name)!", and immediately judge their character by that character's profile ("He doesn't care about those kids!  He's a serial killer!", or as such)

First of all, BTW, I just want to say to 19:19 that this is an awesomely funny thread!  Way to go!

I didn't start it, Polaroid Killer, and you all are crazy!!!

And i absolutly LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup_big:

1- When your sitting by yourself and mutter in a deep voice "Frank Black, F.B.I." and laugh your ass off.

19:19

Guest metlakatla

-dates and anniverseries are given "there are -- days remaining".

-look for Ezekiel on mapquest for the Seattle area.

-you can type "soylent green is people" faster than "google" and without looking at the keyboard.

-while reading a barnyard story to a four year old, you explain what a rooster is by describing owls and the coming darkness.

-you refer to any ITperson as "Roedecker".

You plan to try to talk your future husband into getting married on 10-13! :kissing:

When your power goes out, and you re-set your clock radio, & it happens to be 10-13 at night, and the clock breaks, and is stuck on 10-13, so you just leave it...like a work of art!  :wink_big: