favorite episode? and why was it cancelled?

Rate this topic

Guest fledgling666

Guest fledgling666

i know this has probably been gone over and i know that it will likely generate a mass of responses with no one show being in any sort of majority, but just thought i'd ask since i'm new here. i missed most of season one because i was in band and we were playing most friday nights. anyway, my favorite episode is probably the fourth horseman or maranatha. i don't really like a few of the episodes, like the whole story line about lucas barr, but it's still better than any other tv show ever made and i like everything else that happens in the last 2 episodes. i also don't really like the lucy butler character, but since she's the devil and all, i'll let that slide.

my guess on why the show was cancelled: a few reasons- 1. not so good in ratings, even though it looked like it was getting better. 2. changed too much of the story line in season three and lost a lot of season 1 and 2 watchers, but wasn't enough change to make more new people watch. 3. the main reason, i think, is that they were pushed out by fox, who in recent years has been more and more oppressive over their shows regarding public opinion. my theory is that Millennium was too dark, got into the heads of too many people and had the potential for swaying public opinion even though it was only watched by a small number of people. i think it was possible that fox put the show down in order to calm pressures of the upcoming christian millenium.

First, let me say WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

Secondly... If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be Luminary, closely followed by  The Curse of Frank Black.  I also particlarly enjoyed Jose Chungs Doomesday Defense... (yes... & I love you too, Scott...LOL)  Gee... there are realy too many to mention here.

As for why I think it was cancelled, I think it's because 85% of the population isn't intelligent enough to "get" intelligent t.v., or books, or anything.  They don't want tv that makes them have to think.  And, network Execs. know this, so they want to pump out the kind of programming that will bring the biggest bucks.

Sorry.. Just my 2 cents worth! :sunglasses_big:

raven i think you are wrong, wait....maybe.....maybe you are right!

survivor, joe millionare, bachelor, big brother, dawson's creek(well basically any show on the WB), O.C., soap operas, carp, crap, and a tons more of crap shows!!!! They gave Whoopie a show, why?! Those are just the ones that came to mind.

well raven i will agree with you, television companies only make shows that the masses will watch, as i am well aware off most people are idiots and don't want to think when they are watching a show. They just want to be entertained with stupid crap for 30 mins or so. Or they want to see teen drama that never exists so that teen girls wish their lives were like it.

Am i a pessimist???? Or am i just right?

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

......i declare,sir,that you are pessimistic!-(just kidding of course :~)    ...but seriously,i think this is a wonderful time for television,perhaps the best in some 10-years or more.  there are more wonderfull,challenging,thought provoking shows on now than i can ever remember at any "one" time! -(granted the following are some of my favs,but they certainly do not "pander",in my view, in the slightest. for me "MM" was never,nor ever will be the end-all of television...just the best!)  

...here are just some of my fav shows,ranging from the "astounding" to just plain ole' "entertaining"/"fun" on the tube right now that is proof,for myself anyway that television is stronger than ever....

...shows like 1)-"CARNIVALE", 2)-"THE SHIELD", 3)-"BOOMTOWN", 4)-"SIX FEET UNDER", 5)-"CRIMINAL INTENT", 6)-"WITHOUT A TRACE", 7)-"THE WIRE", 8)-both "CSI's", 9)-"THE SOPRANOS", 10)-"CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM", 11)-"NIP/TUCK", 12)-"24", 13)-"SVU", 15)-"AMERICA UNDERCOVER", 16)-DAVINCI'S INQUEST",and,yes,even the samll town charms of 17)-"ED" and our own guilty pleasures of 18)-"THE FEAR FACTOR" and the "OUT THERE PREMISE" but great characterizations/acting on 19)-"HACK",and just about the only half hour comedies i watch besides "curb your enthusiasm": 20)-"KING OF QUEENS" and 21)-"RAYMOND". -(man,do i watch a lot of television! i guess i pretty much hybernate in the fall/winter months. :~)    

.....There are a few others i can list but with the exception of maybe 2 shows named above,in my view,these examples hardly pander to a dumed-down audience. just the opposite i'd say!  :sunglasses_big:

On a whole I think there are fewer quality shows.  There appears (IMO) too much reality junk.  I find myself watching less tv, not a bad thing.  And tend to buy the quality shows I like on DVD and watch over and over.

Why it was cancelled, $$$.  Couldn't get enought money in advertising.  

And while I loved Millennium and X-files, I felt that CC was starting to not have as good story lines for both shows.  Maybe the expectations were too high because there were some classic episodes.

Well, I guess I've turned into a recluse not only in the out-side world, but in regards to tv as well.  I only watch a few re-runs... The X Files, Millennium, Star Trek & STNG, Dark Shadows, Magyver, & Forever Knight.  Most of which aren't being shown right now... So it's realy just The X Files and Dark Shadows.  Then there's Raymond and Friends, and that's it!

Most of what's on these days just sucks! :thumbsdown_big:  :arghhh-big:

Guest Justa Fan

X Files, Millennium, Star Trek & STNG, Dark Shadows, Magyver, & Forever Knight.  Most of which aren't being shown right now... So it's realy just The X Files and Dark Shadows.  Then there's Raymond and Friends, and that's it!

Dark Shadows!!  Now you're talking

Entertainment!  

You can get Dark Shadows on DVD

but you can't get Fox to release

Millennium on DVD...ain't it strange?

:thumbsup_big:

Well, I guess I've turned into a recluse not only in the out-side world, but in regards to tv as well.  I only watch a few re-runs... The X Files, Millennium, Star Trek & STNG, Dark Shadows, Magyver, & Forever Knight.  Most of which aren't being shown right now... So it's realy just The X Files and Dark Shadows.  Then there's Raymond and Friends, and that's it!

.....just admit it Erin,MM destoyed almost all future television for you! :cry:  :jumping:  :devil01:     ....don't junk it till ya try it!  unless,of course,you have tried these shows;in that case then,well,um................................... :hug03:

~se7en :ouro:

the only shows i watch on t.v. now are:

carnivale, 24, agua teen hunger force, Daily Show, Sealab 2021, and shield

most have been canceled or i just don't watch:

x-files, simpsons, family guy, futurama, sopranos(DvD only), millennium, pete and pete, news radio, and a couple of others.

19:19