favorite episode? and why was it cancelled?

Rate this topic

Guest fledgling666

Guest Sixth Seal

Hmm . . . interesting question.  I have several favorite episodes for different reasons.

Force Majuere, just as my favorite all-around episode.

Maranatha, because they introduced the best Antichrist since Randall Flagg (though we never saw Yaponchik again) and for making the Chernobyl/Third Trumpet connection.

Jose Chung's Doomsday's Defense, for the best opening monologue of any show, ever.

The Time is Now, for being the episode that Millennium should've ended with.  (Which is not to say that the third season didn't have some classic eps, but TTIN really made me believe that the world of Frank Black was coming to an end.)

As to why it was canceled, I have to agree with Raven Wolf:  Millennium is too much of a thinking man's show, and people don't generally watch TV to think.  There are a few exceptions, but for the most part, the shows that cater to the lowest common denominator are the ones that survive and thrive.  Farscape, John Doe, and a host of other shows have suffered the same fate.

I don't think you can blame CC, other than possibly for not paying as much attention to MM in it's second season.  From what I heard, he actually called in favors to get it renewed for a third.

.........there are some interesting things about S1,S2,S3,but particularly S2,behind the scenes-wise,that i am working on confirming,and "IF" i can confirm them they will appear in the book,that will VERY much surprise some fans of the show.-(waaay too much of the shows known background info comes from M&W and/or C.C.-from his office in los angeles(!),all of which have/had reason(s) to "spin" certain things a certain way)-some of these included the oft reputed feud with C.C./M&W,did S2 play out as C.C. wanted?,the ending eps of S2,henriksen's very vocal ways on the set about his character and the show's direction throughout portions of it's entire run,and were some S1-vets replaced or did they quite? and finally,renewal issues.-(the intent of trying to confirm these various things,which i'm not even sure i can do...........well,"all" of them anyway,is NOT to disparage anyone's work or output but simply to delve into some of MM's  behind the scenes politics and machinations.)  

~se7en :ouro:

.....just admit it Erin,MM destoyed almost all future television for you! :cry:  :jumping:  :devil01:     ....don't junk it till ya try it!  unless,of course,you have tried these shows;in that case then,well,um................................... :hug03:

~se7en :ouro:

I don't even get the channels that have those..... :crying_big:

Waiting and hoping CC will come up with something new..... :praying_big: