Episode Guides and Books

Rate this topic

Guest Gothic39

Guest LauraKrycek
I have the two paperback adaptations mentioned above. In the second book there is a mention of a third "coming" titled Weeds. Was it ever released? I did see a Millenium Calendar when the show was on, but it wasn't pics of the shows characters, just imagery, and I passed on it. This was the standard 12 x 12 wall calendar. I THINK I also saw a monthly book type calendar, but this may be a false memory.

Ah man, I woulda been jumping at that calendar.  I've seen a couple on eBay since, but still don't own one.  I only have so much money, y'know.  But yeah, I think based on either the dwindling popularity or cancellation (depending on the time frame, I don't recall), they decided not to go ahead with publishing "Weeds".  I don't think they made a book-type calendar, though that would've been pretty cool.

But yeah, I think based on either the dwindling popularity or cancellation (depending on the time frame, I don't recall), they decided not to go ahead with publishing "Weeds".  I don't think they made a book-type calendar, though that would've been pretty cool.

The books came out early, so I think it may have to do with poor sales of the first two books and everyone thinking the show would get cancelled before the end of season 3.  This was a show that was always at the threat of cancellation before the end of the first season and before the end fo the second season.

Be Seeing You,

David blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
I know.  It's always the same with all those freaking 1013 things -- no one has any faith or good sense.  And for shows that have such high popularity at the right times, too.  For shame.

I know.  It's always the same with all those freaking 1013 things -- no one has any faith or good sense.  And for shows that have such high popularity at the right times, too.  For shame.

Then it is weird these days that some recent cancelled FOX shows get original novels picking up from where teh show was cancelled- DARK ANGEL and ROSWELL (a book series based on a TV series (which was based on a novel series).).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
That whole Roswell thing sounds stupid.  I didn't know it was cancelled, though; even if I had cable, the WB would never come on my TV.  I think novelasations of TV\movies is generally a really bad idea.  Just read the book of "Fight the Future".  Painful.

That whole Roswell thing sounds stupid.  I didn't know it was cancelled, though; even if I had cable, the WB would never come on my TV.  I think novelasations of TV\movies is generally a really bad idea.  Just read the book of "Fight the Future".  Painful.

The Roswell TV series was loosely based on the Roswell High series (the author of that series even wrote an episode or two of the show), but the show was cancelled by the WB at the end os season 2 and picked up by UPN for season 3 (before being cancelled for good after 19 more episodes.   the new limited novel series continued events from the end of season 3 and so there were no novelizations.   The Roswell High books existed first and they developed the show Roswell from those books, but in now way was the series adaptating the books for TV.   the storylines are totally different for the TV show (and the new novels continuing the show) and the Roswell High novels.  So there were no novelisations of the TV episodes- only original novels that the TV series drew the concept and characters from and the nother novels that continued from the end of the TV series.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Maybe when the DVDs of the show come out, it will bring forth some new Mellennium merch. including some original Millennium novels picking up the storylines of the show from where the show ended.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Ah man, I woulda been jumping at that calendar.  I've seen a couple on eBay since, but still don't own one.  I only have so much money, y'know.  But yeah, I think based on either the dwindling popularity or cancellation (depending on the time frame, I don't recall), they decided not to go ahead with publishing "Weeds".  I don't think they made a book-type calendar, though that would've been pretty cool.

...actually laura i have one of few hard-cover millennium desktop calendars. it is absolutely gorgeous and one of my prized posessions. there are phots of it somewhere at "MILLENNIUM COLLECTIONS" run by elder Matt Bunch,if you are interesting in seeing it. it was an 18-month hard cover calendar with stunning imagery from the show and many "end-times" paintings featured inside. it was published by harper-prizm.       -(if the photos are no longer at MM-collection i'll snap more photos and ask gra to post them as...........um...........i still don't know how :crying_big: )

~peace,

se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

Guest LauraKrycek
Ohh... see, for some reason I was thinking they meant one of those calendars that has a page for every day, like the Far Side ones that have a different comic for every day.  A MM one of those woulda been awesome.  Not that your's isn't -- that's really cool, too.