Episode Guides and Books

Rate this topic

Guest Gothic39

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, that'd be cool... like they made every year for XF.  I loved those things... my favorite was on the last calendar, there was a LGM month as well as a Krycek month... :sigh:  those were good months.  There *was* that one MM calendar, but I've yet to be able to obtain a copy of it.  I've found a couple over the years on some of my eBay searches, but they've always gotten way too high for me to bid on.  One of these days, I'm going to finally decide it's time to cut the cord on all my XF merchandise and put that up there... I've got some pretty decent stuff, actually.  And I'd be sure to pull a profit on some of it, b\c I got most of it supercheap, like my XF Barbies for only $20 when they've always sold for $80.  Anyway... gonna keep an eye out for that MM calendar.

I have an old XF calender, soem X-files magazines, 3 of the figures from the X-Files movie (Scully, Caveman, and the fireman).

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

(wonders where are the Millennium action figures like Frank Black, Lucy Butlter, Lara Means with glow-in-the-dark angel, Peter Watts, Emma Hollis, and the iron lung guy)

Guest LauraKrycek

Yeah, I've got 3 or 4 of the XF calendars, a few TV Guides, books galore, newspapers with huge XF pics on the fronts, the Barbies, my posters... lots of stuff.

And hey, you looking for MM dolls?  These have always been my favorites:

The X-Toys

I also have a couple of XF episode guides from Harper Collins, a Science of the X-Files book, and I used to ahve some XF comic books (and a XF novel or two because I have about 2 or 3 XF novels).

Be seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Yep, I've got a few of the episode guides, both Books of the Unexplained, Art of XF, several unofficial guides, Making of FTF, a couple of the fiction books (haven't ever read them, though), Nitpicker's Guide... I used to kind of just *collect* them from all over the place, since when I'm at home, I tend to be bombarded with places to buy great books for cheap, and when I can, what can I do but follow the signs?  I've also got a couple of magazines with XF articles, but not many because they usually cost more and you got less out of them anyway, plus you could usually find the same info online.  I have tons of newspaper clippings from through the years, though.

Well, I have the first two big coverage issues of XF in Sci-Fi Universe (they did lovely coverage on XF and a cool SAAB ep guide).  I have many issues of sveral sci-fi mags that have coverage on XF and Millennium (I even have Entertainment Weekly issueswith XF articles, and some of the CFQ XF issues (lots of material)).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
I never had reason to buy any EW issues because my high school got them, and I'd read it every week during lunch.  I only have a few magazines, and the ones I bought new were because they featured LGM or The Others.  I have a couple of mags I got used, like Redbook with Gillian on the cover, or EW w\ Chris, David and Gillian on the cover (image I used for my XF valentines, I just cut out Chris).  Don't rmr what else right now; most of it's packed away somewhere at home, awaiting my graduation.

I used to subscribe to EW (for about 4-5 years) and the last two years of the sub I got it for about 50-55 cents an issue.

The only EW issues I really like are the Spring/Summer/Fall movie preview issues, but EW is so full of itself that it irritates me so much.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek

Yeah, I'd oftentimes get really annoyed at them overly making fun of or praising people in the industry, like they either thought they were so much better than or were sucking up to them.  Blergh.

Okay, now my vegetarian behind's gotta get into bed... pottery sale at 9 AM with Deborah and Mary Ann, French final review (should I choose to go) 2-4, and Deborah's WEDDING at 7:30!  Sooo exciting!   :jumping:  :jumping:  :jumping:  I bought a pack of tissues, and I know I'm gonna need it.  Night!