Episode Guides and Books

Rate this topic

Guest Gothic39

Yeah, I'd oftentimes get really annoyed at them overly making fun of or praising people in the industry, like they either thought they were so much better than or were sucking up to them.  Blergh.

exactly, but also I didn't agree with their "How We Would Do Things If we Ran Hollywood" issues.  ick.

Be seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, that's in the same vein as them overly making fun of people.  I always hate it when I'm watching or reading something and they start badmouthing a celebrity because they were caught in a candid photo on the streets by paparazzi stalkers wearing sweats or a t-shirt or something, their hair not perfect, etc.  I'm like, everyone has to have grunge time!  I'm downright grungy today, until in a little while after I get some lunch and I'm going to have to start getting superfancy for DEBORAH'S WEDDING! which is at 7:30.  It's not right to expect people, just because they're in the public eye, to always be dressed to the nines.  That's just one part of that level of annoyance for me.

EW hasn't stooped to the level of stalking people, but those people who follow stars around to take pics them disgust me and even AMC (fomerly known as American Movie Classics) has a show about those people!

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Yeah, the paparazzi are disgusting and just ridiculous.  I don't understand how people think that it's all right to do that to other people.  I also don't understand the people who are so crazy about celebrities and want to know the junk like what kind of underwear they use or whatever.  Get a life, people!

Yeah, the paparazzi are disgusting and just ridiculous.  I don't understand how people think that it's all right to do that to other people.  I also don't understand the people who are so crazy about celebrities and want to know the junk like what kind of underwear they use or whatever.  Get a life, people!

:yes_big:  :yes_big:  :yes_big:

Yep, I agree.    It is one thing for a person to have an outfit that is like somthing their favorite actor/actress wore, but someone following them around and taking pics at any moment is just insane.   if it was a normal person, the photographer would be sued (and whatnot), but some stars have fought back suing mags with pics of them.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Exactly.  I mean, *sure*, I dressed up as Scully, went on the FBI tour, and had my picture taken next to the huge FBI seal on the wall.  That doesn't mean I'm crazy. :tongue:  No, I think that it's one thing to love a show and characters and be passionate and even wild about it, but it's quite another to want to be let into all the facets of someone's personal life -- someone you've never met, for that matter, and who's never met you and chances are has no idea that you even exist.  There's a point when it goes from fandom to just a whole lot of very indiscreet stalkers.