You in the Millennium Group

Rate this topic

Guest Legion

Alright let's say you joined the Millennium Group. It's politics time. Do you side with the Roosters or the Owls?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

....and another Owl flies in....

I'm not 100% Owl...but I lean closer to that than the Roosters.

I've often thought I kind of related more to Frank than either of these sides. Open to the truth....not rigid in his beliefs.

:Owls_Ouro_Large:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Yes, I loved "The Others" and was devastated when it was canceled after only one season. At the time, I had absolutely no idea who Morgan and Wong were, and no idea "The Others" was their baby. It wasn't until I started to come to TIWWA that I started to learn about such things. I rarely pay much attention to the credits, so I didn't even know Morgan and Wong from the X-files series until after it ended. I hate to open this can of worms again, but I have heard accusations of M & Ws work in season two as being lazy and unimaginative, and I can't comprehend that. If anything, episodes like Owls, Roosters, The Forth Horseman and The Time Is Now are complicated and intricate to the point of being almost hard to take it all in the first time around. I think that, when you mention how much you enjoyed the expansion of the mythology of season two, this is what Morgan and Wong had in mind, and why they went in that direction. Little did they know that, if I had to guess, a slight majority of the shows fans were not pleased with the direction. Watching "Owls" again has given me a new appreciation for the episode, and while it still isn't up there at the very top, it IS better than I remembered and riviting. OK, off to watch "Roosters". By the way, like I have said before, this whole argument among TIWWA members regarding S2 and M & W is kind of neat, and reminescant of the Owl and Rooster division within the Millennium group.

Go MIB go, go, go GO!!! :rock2:

Yes, Legion... or do you prefer to be called 'Al'... this question has been posted before, including by me. But, people never seem to tire of it. It is definitely one of my fav millenniumistic 'exercises' if I may call it such.

If I were part of the fictional world of Millennium, and was a member of the MG, I would definitely be an Owl. I would be more enclined to trust in the advanced scientific knowledge that the Group tended to have access to down through the millennia, than 'visions', biblical prophesies, 'signs and wonders', or a woman, who see and hear the horsemen of the apocalypse evertime she lights up a cigie! LOL Yes, Mr. Johnston, please relieve them of their gifts! They really need it! LOL

As a fan, I enjoy both the scientific/materialist/secularistic/forensic aspects of MLM, and the religious/prophetic/portentious/visionary aspects of MLM. I think the mixing of these two adds to the fictional richness of the series, as did the mixture of science/forensics and paranormal/supernatural in The X-Files. Chris Carter, Morgan and Wong, and all the various production team members found an excellent mix and balance in this way.

I am also with those who enjoyed M and W's additions to the mythology of MillenniuM in the form of the Owls/Roosters factions. I really think this added a great dimension to the show, which I wish they had been able to develop more. Along this line, I love the addition of The Family break away faction to the mythology. Another subplot that most certainly show have been exploited! I mean, this was 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' and "Da Vinci Code" long before it hit the popular culture.

Yes, Legion... or do you prefer to be called 'Al'... this question has been posted before, including by me. But, people never seem to tire of it. It is definitely one of my fav millenniumistic 'exercises' if I may call it such.

If I were part of the fictional world of Millennium, and was a member of the MG, I would definitely be an Owl. I would be more enclined to trust in the advanced scientific knowledge that the Group tended to have access to down through the millennia, than 'visions', biblical prophesies, 'signs and wonders', or a woman, who see and hear the horsemen of the apocalypse evertime she lights up a cigie! LOL Yes, Mr. Johnston, please relieve them of their gifts! They really need it! LOL

As a fan, I enjoy both the scientific/materialist/secularistic/forensic aspects of MLM, and the religious/prophetic/portentious/visionary aspects of MLM. I think the mixing of these two adds to the fictional richness of the series, as did the mixture of science/forensics and paranormal/supernatural in The X-Files. Chris Carter, Morgan and Wong, and all the various production team members found an excellent mix and balance in this way.

I am also with those who enjoyed M and W's additions to the mythology of MillenniuM in the form of the Owls/Roosters factions. I really think this added a great dimension to the show, which I wish they had been able to develop more. Along this line, I love the addition of The Family break away faction to the mythology. Another subplot that most certainly show have been exploited! I mean, this was 'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' and "Da Vinci Code" long before it hit the popular culture.

As the GREAT ONE had mentioned earlier, I was kind of intrigued with the introduction of 'The Family' within Anamnesis; it would have been nice to see that developed more so.

Yes, you and I always were a pair of night Owls, ehh? LOL

(though I have seen some strange things at times....LOL :smokin: )

As the GREAT ONE had mentioned earlier, I was kind of intrigued with the introduction of 'The Family' within Anamnesis; it would have been nice to see that developed more so.

Greatness can only be perceived by the great.

With regard to The Family, I was very disappointed that this storyarc disappeared without a trace from the series, even more so than the Owls/Roosters arc. So much in this one could have been 'unearthed' fictitiously. What a great story, the keepers of the 'grail', the decendants of Mary Mag and JC. Now if that is not millenniumistic, I don't know what is!

Greatness can only be perceived by the great.

With regard to The Family, it was very disappointed that this storyarc disappeared without a trace from the series, even more so than the Owls/Roosters arc. So much in this one could have been 'unearthed' fictitiously. What a great story, the keepers of the 'grail', the decendants of Mary Mag and JC. Now if that is not millenniumistic, I don't know what is!

Indeed..., a lot lost there sadly...

Guest Legion

Oh aye, the Family... I also miss the Trust. It's quite obvious Morgan & Wong had a lot of plans for the show. M&W's work in S2 was basically ignored in S3. I guess Chip went by the principle that one could forget as much as one wished.

Bitter harsh Legion.

Yes, Legion... or do you prefer to be called 'Al'... this question has been posted before, including by me.

Oopsie.

Call me Lucy... eeeeeeeh Riccardo.

Oh aye, the Family... I also miss the Trust. It's quite obvious Morgan & Wong had a lot of plans for the show. M&W's work in S2 was basically ignored in S3. I guess Chip went by the principle that one could forget as much as one wished.

Bitter harsh Legion.

Oopsie.

Call me Lucy... eeeeeeeh Riccardo.

LOL

No need for the Oopsie. I love this topic to be discussed again and again. Seems like new insights come to light every time.

Yes, and it is really too bad that the Trust was not included in season 3. It would have added to the tension of the season, and given Frank someone to secretly work with against the group. I have a feeling that if there was a 4th season, we would have seen the Trust come to light again. When I have time, I am going to start a thread where I spell out my speculation for what would have happened in season 4 and beyond (in terms of over all story-arcs), if the show had continued. The Trust definitely shows up in 4 in my speculations...