Fraggin' With Frank

Rate this topic

Guest Justa Fan

Guest Justa Fan

For those who don't know, Lance is the voice

talent for the character "Molov" in the first person

shooter "Red Faction II."  Molov is your squad leader

in this sequel to the original Red Faction.

Just wondering if anyone is enjoying the game as much

as I am.  I've fragged my way through it once, on medium

level, and really enjoyed Lance's voice urging me on to

greater carnage.  But....(not really a spoiler) when Molov's

true intentions were revealed....did anyone think of the

Millennium group's true intentions?

Multi-player is not supported so you'll have to frag by

your lonesome...but still it's nice to have Lance there

with you.  It's been ported for PS2, XBox and of course

the PC.

:wink_big:

.....no offense intended but it pains me to the core that henriksen actually did voice-over for a damn "video-game"-(??)

...it may very well be a great game but the thought makes me ill. a f***ing VIDEOGAME!?!?!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

~se7en :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! if I had the game I'd play it through (finished the first one) just to hear all his lines in that gravelly voice - not that he turns me on or anything...

His choice to supply a voice over for this game in particular is probable on par with his decision to make some of his stranger choices of B Movie. I guess the guys got to eat...

se7en,

Out of interest, if you knew Tom Hanks had supplied a voice over for a Medal Of Honour game (closest to being in band Of Brothers/Ryan as you can get!) would you be so immediately critical? Just wondering...

Gra.

Guest PROVO_SIX

now now...video gaming is a very respectable business.  John Madden has made more on his video football game than wages and endorsement throughout his carreer.

I haven't played Red Faction (nor II), I've been nursing the Battlefield 1942 series and  mod Desert Combat.  Now this is good stuff.  I'm glad to see Lance with some sense of adventure -- and probably only a few hours of studio time.

:p

LOL! if I had the game I'd play it through (finished the first one) just to hear all his lines in that gravelly voice - not that he turns me on or anything...

His choice to supply a voice over for this game in particular is probable on par with his decision to make some of his stranger choices of B Movie. I guess the guys got to eat...

se7en,

Out of interest, if you knew Tom Hanks had supplied a voice over for a Medal Of Honour game (closest to being in band Of Brothers/Ryan as you can get!) would you be so immediately critical? Just wondering...

Gra.

....i guess i'm basing my feelings/frustrations on what he's done,overall,since MM. yeah,a guy's to eat but he did plenty of great pics,even great "B"-pics,pre-MM,and now.........................excpet for a few things,it just "seems" like he's lost interest in doing anything of real value since MM-ended.           ....look,all i can say is that lance is my acting hero and for the past 4-5-years there hasn't been a whole lot to be happy about if you're a lance fan!  i enjoy,and i can't be the only one,cheering on my fav actors when they do something cool and interesting. i miss being able to do that.

~se7en    :ouro:

its not that bad lending a voice to a video game, David Duchovny is voicing the main character of the game XII < a cell-shaded first person shooter based on a European comic>

-provo-

i haven't played Battlefield yet but ive wanted to for some time now. but i love socom!!!

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

Guest Justa Fan

.....no offense intended but it pains me to the core that henriksen actually did voice-over for a damn "video-game"-(??)

...it may very well be a great game but the thought makes me ill. a f***ing VIDEOGAME!?!?!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

~se7en :ouro:

Gee...I guess we don't have many FPS fans here!

Voice talent (computer games, animation, film narration)

is a well respected and well paid part of the entertainment

industry.  IMHO, Lance did a great job on Red Faction II.

I hope he does more.  He has a great "menacing" intonation

that works really well in this genre.

I'm looking forward to the release of The X-Files "Resist

Or Serve" primarily because the original cast is doing the

voice talent.  

I wonder if we could get FOX interested in a Millennium based

FPS?  That could be a blast!

:sunglasses_big:

• Elders (Admins)

se7en, I totally agree with you he's not done anything really quality since MLM - this on one hand is terrible for Lance but I guess it makes me happy that Frank Black might be his best role  at the end of his career. That said he has many more years to go yet!

Justafan,

Hey, BIG FPS fan here, all my favourite games are FPS!

Gra.

Guest PROVO_SIX

I've been a Half-Life/TFC/Counter-Strike nut since March 1999.  Medal of Honor AA was a nice experience, as was GTA3 (not Vice City).

I very much fancy the multiplayer fragging.  Yep, I'm a bit old for this, but I've been blessed with the technology and the bandwidth to really enjoy it.

I've been a DSL user from 99 - 02, and then a Cable bb user since DirecTv DSL quit the business -- cant live without broad band. I have 2 excellent custom built gaming PCs with ATI 9700 pro vid cards.  This has been an expensive trend since around 97 when I spent too much on  a Voodoo2 8mb video card.  Wow, we've come a long way.  Heck, RAM was expensive back then as well.  I started with Half-Life and TFC using my very new 33.6 modem.

Of course I started back in 1993 or 94 with Doom on a Packard Bell 486 33mhtz PC w/out CD Rom.  Time flies.

Yes...I'm a nerd, and I still manage a life  :duh_big: