Fraggin' With Frank

Rate this topic

Guest Justa Fan

Guest PROVO_SIX

...i never install a processor without the silver stuff.  I too have a barton 2500...a good value even 6 months ago.  The liquid coolers are some funky extremes.  To me, liquid and electrical components just don't mix.

Chris

:p

LOL! Actually Pete had some very large fans in the top and side of his case. I've never been into overclocking but this week or so have overclocked my AMD XP Barton 2500+ to 3000+ with no extra cooling etc!

Should speed up TIWWA!

Gra.

PS. Lapping my heatsink is private and i do not discuss such filthy behaviour on the Board.  :;):

.......just be mindful of "chaff" my old friend........

~se7en :ouro:  :p

• Elders (Admins)

LOL se7en!

I didn't realise before that there may be other PC manicas on TIWWA and so I suggest we customise Roedecker's Forum to allow for PC related discussions? It would be nice for TIWWA regulars to have a place to chat about this stuff me thinks.

Opinions?

Gra.

Guest MSandt

The closest I ever got to Red Faction was the demo of the first RF  . I liked it but wouldn't buy it. I loved the way you could blow those walls off :p But it sure would be nice to hear Lance's voice in RF2.

I'm a big FPS fan myself as well but nowadays I only play Counter-Strike - I got tired of playing UT2003 with my 800Mhz system so next week (or a week after that) I'll upgrade to 2gig AMD with Radeon 9600/Pro.

Anyone tried the demo of Call of Duty? Even better than MOHAA.

.....i would love to try medal of valor and those other WWII fps but i just don't have the budget for them. i have,and still love,soldier of fortune,deus-ex and unreal tournement.

....ahhh,well,

se7en :ouro:

BTW: i second that "here here". i also have some questions i wouldn't mind asking if such a gathering corner existed!

i think XIII looks like a great fps(comes out the 7th), its for ps2,xbox, and PC. its a cell-shaded fps, it looks so different and unique that its bound to be fun. you guys should check it out there is also online play.

19:19

Guest Justa Fan

LOL se7en!

I didn't realise before that there may be other PC manicas on TIWWA and so I suggest we customise Roedecker's Forum to allow for PC related discussions? It would be nice for TIWWA regulars to have a place to chat about this stuff me thinks.

Opinions?

Gra.

Affirmative!

Let your Geek Flag Fly!!

:thumbsup_big:

• 9 months later...
Guest Xircuits

Boy there's a lot of talk about video games here, but all of it was about Red Faction. I didn't purchase Red Faction...I went for Run Like Hell. I was very very happy to play RLH. I enjoyed the FMVs and Lance's voice throughout the video game. I see voicing for video games right now as voicing for animated movies. Lance did make a Disney movie after all. Anyone remember Tarzan?

Perhaps it wasn't an end to his entertainment career. Soon after MillenniuM ended Lance did have a baby girl. Perhaps he wanted to spend extra time with his wife and child-ren. It's a logical explanation. But now he's back (if you check out the Internet Movie Database).

I'm really waiting for the release of the Four Hosemen video game. It's been slated to release for a long long time now and I've not seen it anywhere.

The point is, whatever Lance is doing I'm sure he has a good reason for it. He said in an interview that voicing for video games could be the next challenge in the acting field. I think he's right. Just look at GTA:VC. It was voiced by Ray Liotta for crying out loud. I had a lot of fun playing that game and hearing Ray yell out "I did your wife!" and "Gits! You're all gits!" Some of the script lengths for video games actually on par with movie and television series scripts.

*sigh* there's my 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Seraphim

I don't think it's bad Lance does video game voice work. Though, I hate first person shooters to no end. But I don't like American/European PC styled games so it's to be expected.. He did do the main character (Abaddon, The angel who holds the key to the abyss) in the cancelled Four Horseman of The Apocalypse. It's a shame.... It's been awhile since a western developed game caught my interest. :no: I generally dislike when US companies dub domestic releases of Japanese games (I like subtitles), but if Lance was in the cast, I'd reconsider.

Edited by Seraphim