Owls/Roosters

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Are you kinddin', the contributions of a Millennium group "Old Man" are always welcome. :yes:

Actually I'm on a health kick right now and have been drinking Vodka and orange juice. :yes:

:signlol: Good one! Probably saw Mulder drink those in that FUNNY X-Files episode written by Morgan's brother where they are all acting screwy (Sure, Fine, Whatever...)

Guest ZeusFaber
Why..., what's wrong with 'your part'...??? :wtf:

I was replying to Selfosophy Psycho.

:signlol: Good one! Probably saw Mulder drink those in that FUNNY X-Files episode written by Morgan's brother where they are all acting screwy (Sure, Fine, Whatever...)

That was written by Chris Carter.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Yes, that was a 5 star episode, one of my favorites. It also featured.... ohhh, I forgot her name, but she plays Detective White in that episode. She has uniquely scrumptious looks. I knew her real name at one point, but I forgot. If you watch a program long enough, she usually pops up sooner or later as a guest star. I first fell in love with her in the movie "Fletch". :kissypoo::tasty:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

PS, I do remember Mulder drinking the Vodka and frozen OJ concentrate, but that mix has long been a favorite of my sense way back in the late 80s when I established my alcoholism.

that mix has long been a favorite of my sense way back in the late 80s when I established my alcoholism.

:signlol::rofl:

I was replying to Selfosophy Psycho.

Yesssssssss Mr. Zeus, I know...

You said 'No apology necessary for my 'part'... So I said 'Oh, what is wrong with your 'part'...

Get it...? :grin: It was a (VERY) feeble attempt to take advantage of your exact wording...

(I tell you, these non-Season 2 people... :wink: )

• 2 months later...
Guest limebunneh

I think these are very well done episodes. There's no denying they are well-written and directed, and the performances are fantastic. I just think it's a bit off for Millennium. I dunno, I do like them, but they seem pointless in reflection. Was the crucifixion ever mentioned again? What effect did the split in the Millennium group have? It seemed to be miraculously fixed by the end of the episode - did the Old Man's death reunite them? I'm unclear on this.

Great episodes, but after rewatching them again after having gone through all the seasons, they seem a bit misguided and out-of-place. I did like how they gave history to the group - I, for one, liked the idea of Millennium being an ancient order. In season 3 they just become a shadowy organisation with no depth - this is the group at its best.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I think these are very well done episodes. There's no denying they are well-written and directed, and the performances are fantastic. I just think it's a bit off for Millennium. I dunno, I do like them, but they seem pointless in reflection. Was the crucifixion ever mentioned again? What effect did the split in the Millennium group have? It seemed to be miraculously fixed by the end of the episode - did the Old Man's death reunite them? I'm unclear on this.

Great episodes, but after rewatching them again after having gone through all the seasons, they seem a bit misguided and out-of-place. I did like how they gave history to the group - I, for one, liked the idea of Millennium being an ancient order. In season 3 they just become a shadowy organisation with no depth - this is the group at its best.

Interesting comments. Personally, I loved these two episodes, but most would agree that they are kind of a departure from your typical Millennium episodes, and do have some flaws. I agree that they did feel a bit out of place, and would have probably seemed straight out of left field in season one, but one of the things I loved the most about season two was the diversity and variety, and by the time Owls and Roosters came around, nothing surprised me. Some of the best episodes of the series seem to be non typical episodes, and the biggest concentration of these seem to be in season two. For me, The Hand of St. Sebastian was probably the first of these episodes, followed later by Jose Chung, Pest House, Owls, Roosters, and Somehow Satan Got Behind Me. All of these were great episodes in my opinion, but not your typical Millennium. As you continue to read the board, I think you will find that opinions of each of these episodes vary greatly. For example, some here, myself included, would rate Hand of St. Sebastian a 5 out of 5, while at the same time, there are those who would give it a 1 out of 5 and view it as among the worst. As is mentioned frequently, the great thing about this board is the openness and maturity of the members in discussing these points.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

PS, I see from your profile that your favorite season is season two. Excellent choice, this is my favorite as well. By the way, I see that your member name is limebunneh. Is this anything like limecat, pictured below?

Guest limebunneh
Interesting comments. Personally, I loved these two episodes, but most would agree that they are kind of a departure from your typical Millennium episodes, and do have some flaws. I agree that they did feel a bit out of place, and would have probably seemed straight out of left field in season one, but one of the things I loved the most about season two was the diversity and variety, and by the time Owls and Roosters came around, nothing surprised me. Some of the best episodes of the series seem to be non typical episodes, and the biggest concentration of these seem to be in season two. For me, The Hand of St. Sebastian was probably the first of these episodes, followed later by Jose Chung, Pest House, Owls, Roosters, and Somehow Satan Got Behind Me. All of these were great episodes in my opinion, but not your typical Millennium. As you continue to read the board, I think you will find that opinions of each of these episodes vary greatly. For example, some here, myself included, would rate Hand of St. Sebastian a 5 out of 5, while at the same time, there are those who would give it a 1 out of 5 and view it as among the worst. As is mentioned frequently, the great thing about this board is the openness and maturity of the members in discussing these points.

I did enjoy those episodes - the variety in the show is what makes it enjoyable. I just get annoyed it wasn't incorporated into the continuity more. Millennium's continiuty isn't very good! Season 2 is indeed my favourite, I love the Darin Morgan episodes, and the excellent writing throughout that series. Season 3 is a close second, and I enjoyed the first season least. I found it too samey. That's not saying I didn't love it - it's all pretty close. Each season has its great episodes. Season 2 has the most, in my view, and I enjoyed the creativity and vision during that season. Controversial, I know.

Limebunneh is the name of my website:

Logo%20Smaller.jpg

My actual name is Bill. I didn't think that sounded as good.

Cute cat though!! He has a little lime helmet, hehe!