Owls/Roosters

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

On 12/6/2009 at 4:04 PM, jamhaw said:

Really it was a centuries old conflict? I had thought ODESSA had only been created in the mid-forties, although it has been awhile since I saw the episode so my memory could be a little fuzzy. Additionaly did it really compleatly rap up the conflict? As I recall they arrested most of the members of the dummy company and killed ODESSA's leader as well as destroying the blood banner, but I do not remember it having been established that they had destroyed the group it it's entirety. I had thought that they were spread out accross South America. Perhaps I should use this as an excuse to view those episodes again! :)

I always allowed plenty of room for the writers' prerogatives and imagination., but I didn't dig the Nazi/WWII connection because even though it *could* be an interesting story, it wasn't well developed.  I don't think the writers knew where they were going with either, but that's just the sense I got.

On 2/6/2018 at 1:14 PM, Earthnut said:

Chris Carter was one of the producers for all 3 seasons, but was directly involved in only seasons 1 & 3. 

Wasn't CC working on the X-Files movie during S-2?  I think so.  He shouldn't have bothered, really...sleeping_chair.gif

On 2/7/2018 at 11:16 PM, Gotham Gal said:

Wasn't CC working on the X-Files movie during S-2?  I think so.  He shouldn't have bothered, really...sleeping_chair.gif

In 1998 he was working on the X-File movie, and from 1999 to 200 on Harsh Real.  Season 2 of MLM aired in 1997-98, so I'm sure you're correct.  He was a very busy man back then.  IMDb shows him also working on the X-Files screenplay/story, and the video game story  in 1998.

• Like 1

Frank was confused. He was neither an Owl nor a Rooster.  He was a seeker wondering if  the Owls were right or the Roosters were, and ultimately only with the group because he had been convinced it was the only way to protect his family.  Lara?  She was neither also.  She was only with the group because she was convinced they would keep her from going insane.

13 hours ago, seesthru said:

Frank was confused. He was neither an Owl nor a Rooster.  He was a seeker wondering if  the Owls were right or the Roosters were, and ultimately only with the group because he had been convinced it was the only way to protect his family.  Lara?  She was neither also.  She was only with the group because she was convinced they would keep her from going insane.

You're right about the confusion.  Frank and Catherine thought he was brought on board to solve crimes, not end up in the middle of somewhat of a "holy war."

Yeah, Lara did think the group could help her, and in the end, I believe they caused her insanity, probably for some of them to cover their own tracks.  She just never understood her visions, and that's dangerous territory.  Same with Frank.  He never truly understood his ability, but continued to use it anyway, which did at time cause him great torment.  Most of the time he dealt with it very well.