What Are YOU Doing For Halloween?

Rate this topic

Guest Justa Fan

Guest PROVO_SIX

You didn't like it?!?  That's one of the eps that made me absolutely fall in love with the show.  As well as "Monster" and "In Arcadia Ego", which I saw all about the same time.  "Anamnesis" cinched it, though, and it became pure poetry when I saw "Midnight of the Century".  But COFB is one of the forerunners in the movement of loving MM!  I don't see how someone could not like it.  

:ghostface: I love the fall season in Pennsylvania -- very beautiful and superb weather.  My wife loves Holloween, but I'm not much for the partying, so I'll stay home and try to convince her to watch COFB... despite the below statement.

Gulp...I did not care for Curse of Frank Black that much, first time around.  I liked it a bit more second time around -- 4+ years later.  I give it 2 1/2 out of 5 pumpkins.

In Arcadia Ego...hmmmm...I enjoyed the punch-line ending, but the title lends so much toward a Millennium Group lore ep.  I didn't expect an immaculate conception theme with this title and overall give it a 2 1/2 pumpkins.

Anemnesis was a refresher and great episode - 4 1/2 pumpkins out of 5.

I've said it once and I'll proclaim it again, I do not care for S3.  When I got my Se7en dvd-r series, I was on a 3 ep/day habit, until I ran into S3.  I tried it...I really did, and it is no where near as great as S1 and 2.  Man, I really cannot get into the Emma Hollis/Frank duo nor Frank's constant spanking from his Boss -- I'm so not into S3 that i cannot even remember the shorty's name.  This is what I blame on the demise of the show...weak and disjointed S3 -- suckky agent Baldwin, the stero-typed brown-noser.  Gaaaa!!!  I am now exasperated.

BTW -- hehe...in '77-79 I'd say Kiss was my fav band.  I had all sorts of posters, albums (tee hee), and pictures on my walls to compete with my neighbor on the most.  Oh the shame and embarrasment.

Guest PROVO_SIX

The Sound of Snow  -- 3 1/2 pumpkins (out of five)

Antipas -- 4 pumpkins (so far my favorite S3)

I am stuck at "Forcing the End" and still have the below list left to finish the series.  Man I need a jump start to finish and savor the MM experience from S1 - S3.

"Owls" & "Roosters" are my favorites.  I also liked "Luminary" very much the second time I caught it -- a few months ago -- giving 5 of 5 pumpkins for O&R and Luminary. "The Time is Now" was a very dramatic ending, and enjoying the predecessor "The Fourth Horseman" as well.  

The bottom line is that I really miss the Peter and Frank tandem.  Laura Means was not developed enough as a character for me.  I would have liked to see much more of the three of these characters doing incredible "things" together.

...remaining S3 for me to watch...

Forcing the End

Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

Darwin's Eye

Bardo Thodol

Seven and One

Nostalgia

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye To All That

• Elders (Admins)

Provo, I think you hit the nail on the head for me with S3. I felt hugely sad for Frank and for the show for all the same reasons although there were some great shows in the mix, just not enough and no redemption for the show.

Sorry to get off topic.

Graham

Guest LauraKrycek

Hey!  Who says I'll be badly ressed!!!

LOL!  Scott, I'm dying to see you in those short, flowy, see-through dresses.  What size are you?  I think I have one you could wear...

...remaining S3 for me to watch...

Forcing the End

Saturn Dreaming of Mercury

Darwin's Eye

Bardo Thodol

Seven and One

Nostalgia

Via Dolorosa

Goodbye To All That

Antipas is a great episode and you should finish the rest of season 3 because there are some great episodes you still have to watch (and one of those episodes focus on Jordan).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell.

LOL!  Scott, I'm dying to see you in those short, flowy, see-through dresses.  What size are you?  I think I have one you could wear...

LOL, Laura!   A selfosophist in a dress (Scott).    :laugh_big:

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Selfosophist in a DRESS???? :p  I'd pay good money to see that! :wink_big:

After I give up on trying to get trick-or-treaters, I'll sit down with a nice cup of hot chocolate, and watch The Curse of Frank Black  Followed by some spooky X Files episodes, and a creepy movie or 2.  Probably Sleepy Hollow.  And, of corse, burn many, many candles!

candlemagick.jpg

Guest LauraKrycek
LOL, Laura!   A selfosophist in a dress (Scott).

Hey, it can't possibly be any worse than the postman uniform...

Guest LauraKrycek
After I give up on trying to get trick-or-treaters, I'll sit down with a nice cup of hot chocolate, and watch The Curse of Frank Black  Followed by some spooky X Files episodes, and a creepy movie or 2.  Probably Sleepy Hollow.  And, of corse, burn many, many candles!

For a couple of years (starting 1999, I believe), my tradition every Christmas was to watch "Midnight of the Century" and light candles.  I had a garland that I made out of a bunch of angels I'd made as a crafts project years earlier that I strung across my windows in my bedroom, and after I got hardwood floors, I had candles all over the place.  That's something I miss, being in the dorms -- if you so much as strike a match, the sprinklers and fire alarm could go off.  Sheesh.