TIWWA subgroup member titles.

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

the selections  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Frank L.

4th Horseman has been drinking from the sacret waters called wisdom.

I'm not sure if you can get it in a bottle, though...:fool: If it's available, I

definately have to get some.

Guest ZeusFaber
Interesting point. I guess it's all a matter of individual perception. While I can't conceive of anyone taking the poll that seriously or taking offense, others may take offense and/or find it divisive. Personally, I would have fun with it regardless of my individual opinion. After all, we are discussing a TV series, albeit a great TV series. If we were discussing religious views or something such as the death penalty poll, my view might be different. Given the available choices in the poll, I can't see someone not taking a light hearted approach to it. Interesting discussion though, and the thread has taken a different direction that I ever would have anticipated.

I agree that it's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, but am just suggesting that emphasising this divide focuses on what keeps us apart, instead of what brings us together.

Not that I want to spoil your fun...

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I agree that it's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, but am just suggesting that emphasising this divide focuses on what keeps us apart, instead of what brings us together.

Man, this is what I get for not checking this thread for a while :yes:

Zeus my friend, I think we need to take you out on a night on the town with Joe all done up in his Donkey Suit and with a copious and equal amounts of MIB's Vodka Surpise and 4th Pony's Deep Well of Wisdom and smack you around a little...

What do you say...? :bigsmile:

Yes, you are a "smooth smooth". I bet nobody can tell me what movie that line is from.

Hey MIB, sorry I missed this when you axed it; it does sound really familiar, but I don't recall which film that line is from...??? :nope:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Not to worry, I am one of those people who has his fun no matter what. :oneeyedwinK Yes, I see what you are saying, and to be honest, that never crossed my mind. With all the serious debate we have had on the subject, I thought this would be a humorous break and relief. I tried to provide options that allowed for some friendly ribbing for either side, as well as the selections that were more fitting. After a couple of responses I realized that some people might not appreciate the humor, and thus the disclaimer. While there are differing opinions on the subject at hand, I didn't feel that anyone took it too seriously to have some fun with it, but humans can be complicated animals, and you can never anticipate what their response will be. :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Man, this is what I get for not checking this thread for a while :yes:

Zeus my friend, I think we need to take you out on a night on the town with Joe all done up in his Donkey Suit and with a copious and equal amounts of MIB's Vodka Surpise and 4th Pony's Deep Well of Wisdom and smack you around a little...

What do you say...? :bigsmile:

Hey MIB, sorry I missed this when you axed it; it does sound really familiar, but I don't recall which film that line is from...??? :nope:

L@the, I don't think we want to expose anyone to copious amounts of my Vodka Surprise unless they are hard core drinkers and/or alcoholics. I think he would be better off drinking from the well of wisdom for now and being introduced to my Vodka concoctions gradually. Oh, and by the way, the line is from "Fargo". It's the scene where the two kidnappers get pulled over in Brainard with the kinapee in the back seat. After he has to shoot the trooper, the blonde guy says that to Buscemi's character who had said he will take care of the trooper but only makes matters worse. :yes:

Guest ZeusFaber
Not to worry, I am one of those people who has his fun no matter what. :oneeyedwinK Yes, I see what you are saying, and to be honest, that never crossed my mind. With all the serious debate we have had on the subject, I thought this would be a humorous break and relief. I tried to provide options that allowed for some friendly ribbing for either side, as well as the selections that were more fitting.

Yes, I don't want to come across as totally humourless. Maybe it was being compared to a conservative in one of the options that got me!

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yes, I don't want to come across as totally humourless. Maybe it was being compared to a conservative in one of the options that got me!

LOL, those were among the humorous options, but wouldn't it be worse to have been compared to a liberal. :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

PS, although I thought it humorous to add the conservative/liberal option, much as you might see them being differing views in politics, I actually had a more literal definition in mind, and it was kind of poking fun at the Morgan and Wong fans more than the Carter/season 1 fans. The definition I had in mind regarding the word liberal was intended as "given or provided in a generous and openhanded way", and pertains to us being generous or openhanded in allowing Morgan and Wong to take their liberties with the writing. The definition I had in mind for conservatives was more along the lines of "tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions". Keeping this in mind, I think the word conservative would be pretty accurate in describing the group in question. I didn't mean to suggest that these peoples political views would be conservative. Then again, I am probably getting a little carried away in discussing what was initially intended to be silly fun.

For me, both the Mythologists/Purists and the Morgan and Wongians/Carterians were both fitting. I would have to lean toward the Mythologist/Purist split name, because it sounds more millenniumistic, and just generally more cool and fandom lingo-esque.

Yep.... that's why I picked that one as well....