X-Files and Halloween

Rate this topic

Can anyone tell me if the X-Files has any Halloween episodes?  I would like to know the name of the episode and the season each appears in.

I am considering adding these to my annual viewing of Curse of Frank Black and 13 Years Later.

I don't know if X-Files ever did a Halloween episode, but they do have a couple of vampire episodes: 3 and Bad Blood.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• Elders (Admins)

I have to say that the one when Mulder got naughty with the Vampyre lady whilst Scully was away, sucked the hairy root.

I just couldn't stand it. It was a combination of plain boredom and nausea. There were some fantastic eps of The X-Files and this for me wasn't one of them.

Sorry I couldn''t answer the question for you Scott, but I had one of those 'se7en' moments when it had to be said!

Gra.

Guest LauraKrycek

There were no XF eps in which it was Halloween.  I'd say this is due to the fact that the new season never premiered until the first or second Sunday in November.  The episodes that are generally thought to be Halloween ones, however, are "Home" and "The Post-Modern Prometheus" (my personal favorite).  The first because, well, the guys are freaking scary and look that way, too.  Plus, just before season 7 started was the first time that that episode was re-aired on a network; they got special permission finally to air it on FOX primetime after it being banned since its first airing.  And as for PMP... well, it's got that freaky, circus, sit-around-and-tell-scary-stories thing (until, of course, it turns out that the Mutato is good).  Sigh... what a great ep.

Hope that helped... well, it DID answer your question, so it must've.  If not, you suck.   :tongue:

:thinking_big: There weren't, to my knowledge, and episodes in which it was Halloween, however, The Ghosts Who Stole Christmas was originaly aired near Halloween, unless I'm totaly crazy.  I think I recall thinking at the time....

"Figures.  They can never do the expected...LOL  They couldn't have an actual episode in which it was Halowween!  That would be to cliche.  NO!  They had to make it a Christmas episode on Halloween!

Have I totaly lost my mind?  Or does anyone else remember this?

Guest LauraKrycek
I hate PMP.  One of the all-time worst X-Files episodes ever.

No!  PMP was fantastic!  It was sooo funny and so sad and so touching... the deeper storylines, the little hidden jokes about Frankenstein and Mary Shelley's life... the goat boy... ::sigh::  I almost want to watch it again right now.  Plus, you can't beat Cher... and "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" is just a great song.  One of my favorite versions of it, though, is when Alan Rickman (::sigh::) and Juliet Stevenson sing it in "Truly Madly Deeply".  I don't know why you don't like PMP!  I think it's fabulous.

And I REALLY don't see how you can call it one of the worst ever, when you see what it's up against.  I saw every episode at least once, some as many as 10-20 times, and I clearly see it as one of the best.

Guest LauraKrycek
There weren't, to my knowledge, and episodes in which it was Halloween, however, The Ghosts Who Stole Christmas was originaly aired near Halloween, unless I'm totaly crazy.  I think I recall thinking at the time....

"Figures.  They can never do the expected...LOL  They couldn't have an actual episode in which it was Halowween!  That would be to cliche.  NO!  They had to make it a Christmas episode on Halloween!

Have I totaly lost my mind?  Or does anyone else remember this?

Nope... I didn't think so, and I did a quick search to make sure, but HTGSC first aired Dec. 13, 1998.  This was the best site I found for episodes\airdates:Garn's Guides:  X-Files

No!  PMP was fantastic!  It was sooo funny and so sad and so touching... the deeper storylines, the little hidden jokes about Frankenstein and Mary Shelley's life... the goat boy... ::sigh::  I almost want to watch it again right now.  Plus, you can't beat Cher... and "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" is just a great song.  One of my favorite versions of it, though, is when Alan Rickman (::sigh::) and Juliet Stevenson sing it in "Truly Madly Deeply".  I don't know why you don't like PMP!  I think it's fabulous.

And I REALLY don't see how you can call it one of the worst ever, when you see what it's up against.  I saw every episode at least once, some as many as 10-20 times, and I clearly see it as one of the best.

Laura,

:thankx-big:

I feel so validated!

And, about not remembering when they showed "Ghosts", that just goes to show you what I meant about whats-his-face calling me in the middle of The X Files! :p  I couldn't even keep up with what day it was!  I just kept thinking.... "Oh, God... When is he gonna shut up?"  I know, I'm a terrible person, but he was a bit needy! :eyes:

Guest LauraKrycek
I feel so validated!

And, about not remembering when they showed "Ghosts", that just goes to show you what I meant about whats-his-face calling me in the middle of The X Files! :p  I couldn't even keep up with what day it was!  I just kept thinking.... "Oh, God... When is he gonna shut up?"  I know, I'm a terrible person, but he was a bit needy! :eyes:

LOL!  Aw.  Well, at least it probably taught you what *not* to do in a relationship, if you ever had any doubt... I totally feel you on the smothering-needy type.  Toooo much.  I need space!  Everyone does.

I think what you may have been thinking with the early Christmas episode was "Millennium", actually... it only aired on November 28, and I remember thinking that they should've held it until closer to Christmas.  I mean, there were other episodes aired after that and before Christmas... didn't make sense.