X-Files and Halloween

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
I wouldn't classify it as a Halloween ep, personally, but it could go either way.  It's just not one of my favorites, so I wouldn't be clamoring to watch it.

Guest LauraKrycek
I know it was, sticktly speaking, a Christmas episode, but I will be watching "The Ghosts Who Stole Christmas" as part of my Halloween X-Files-a-thon.

Excellent choice, excellent choice.  My Christmas viewings are always a lot more intense than for any other holiday.  At the very least, on Christmas Eve night, I watch "Omerta" and, of course, "Midnight of the Century", because I think the world would fall in if I did not indulge myself in that.  I love it so much it makes me want to cry.  As far as other holiday fare:

Musings of a Cigarrette Smoking Man

Christmas Carol\Emily (2-parter)

How the Ghosts Stole Christmas (the exchanging-presents part just makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside)

I freely admit to not watching the ep "Millennium".  I try to forget it exists.  Except when I watch "That Thing You Do" and have to point out that the dad in it is the necromancer.

Also on the list is the "Space: Above and Beyond" episode "The River of Stars".  Something else that makes me cry.  Especially when Wang starts quoting my favorite words out of all Shakespeare.  ::sigh::

So, that's my Christmas list.  A little early!  It's like the stores... Christmas before Halloween's even here...

to be OT in this thread, I saw James Morrison guest star on 10-8 last night.

Anyway, I think I need to watch some Millennium episodes this month after I drag some tapes out.

As for X-Files, I think I can skip the show for a while longer.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

no really halloween ep but there is a couple that come close, maybe-

definatly watch Die Hand Die Verfdshfk<spelling>

home

the haunted old folks home?maybe called excelsuis dei, actually i don't think it was haunted after all

and duane barry creeped the hell out of me the first time i saw it, i think i was 11 or 12, good episode

man i love the first 5 seasons too bad the show went to crap

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

Guest LauraKrycek
Anyway, I think I need to watch some Millennium episodes this month after I drag some tapes out.

As for X-Files, I think I can skip the show for a while longer.

Hey, just like MM, there are a number of excellent episodes.  However, there are also a whole heap of rotten eggs, which I blame on the crew's inexperience and how long the show lasted.  One must simply pick carefully which episodes they choose to watch.

Guest LauraKrycek
no really halloween ep but there is a couple that come close, maybe-

definatly watch Die Hand Die Verfdshfk<spelling>

home

the haunted old folks home?maybe called excelsuis dei, actually i don't think it was haunted after all

and duane barry creeped the hell out of me the first time i saw it, i think i was 11 or 12, good episode

man i love the first 5 seasons too bad the show went to crap

Die Hand Die Verletzt is an excellent choice.  Good, creepy episode -- the pig always freaks me out.  And "Excelsius Dei" is the correct title for the ep -- don't second-guess yourself! :yes:

And yes... I constantly mourn the slow demise of such a great show.  Climaxed at 4 and 5, then the good episodes got fewer and further between as it went on down the line.

Hey, just like MM, there are a number of excellent episodes.  However, there are also a whole heap of rotten eggs, which I blame on the crew's inexperience and how long the show lasted.  One must simply pick carefully which episodes they choose to watch.

true.    But I think I also won't be watching any X-Files for a while since I have seen many of the episodes several times (on FX).   I never did seem to burn out on watching Millennnium repeats though.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

"HOW THE GHOSTS STOLE CHRISTMAS"  

Thanks for putting the right title, Laura.  I was in too much of a hurry yesterday.

Yes, besisdes watching it on Halloween, it'll probably have a repeat airing on Christmas, along with "Omerta" & "Midnight of the Century".  The whole Emily thing is just too sad.

:sad_big:

Wow!  So many possibilities!  Gheesh... between MLM and XFs I will be up all night!  lol!

I think I will go with 2 episodes of the X-Files along with the 2 MLM eps.

I think my pick with be Post Modern Prometheus and Die Hand Die Verletz.  I picked PMP because it really has that classic macabe feel to it, only updated.  And I picked DHDV because it sort of gives a little tribute (I don't mean by the writers) in a way to the Legion character/mytharc, so what the hell... (pardon the pun).