X-Files and Halloween

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
Actually the best X-Files humor episode I watched was the Jose Chung episode.

Jose Chung is a really good episode, as obviously was its sister episode of "Millennium".  "War of the Coprophages" was another great funny one, as was "Humbug".  "Lord of the Flies" in the last season, however, just didn't hit; neither did "Improbable", despite the wonderful song stylings of Mr. Karl Zero.  Nothing could've saved that thing.

Well, for horror-creep fator shows... I'd have to suggest "Hell Bound", even though I couldn't stand the whole being skinned alive thing....  It, nontheless, made for a pretty horrific show, and I guess some might think that counts as a good Halloween ep.  I just couldn't stand it. :devil01:

Guest LauraKrycek
Well, for horror-creep fator shows... I'd have to suggest "Hell Bound", even though I couldn't stand the whole being skinned alive thing....  It, nontheless, made for a pretty horrific show, and I guess some might think that counts as a good Halloween ep.  I just couldn't stand it. :devil01:

Eugh... yeah, that was pretty creepy\gross.  But it's a later ep, which automatically rules it out.   :no:   Stupid sucky later seasons of shows!

Guest LauraKrycek

I must admit I've blocked much of the last season or two from my memory.  I liked 4-D, if that's the one I'm thinking about where there was the alternate universe thing and Reyes got shot in one of them and died or almost did.  Sigh.  Good times, good times.

My most vivid memory of s9 is "Jump the Shark", which, of course, never actually happened.  It was just a figment of my imagination.  Which is why the Gunmen are actually still alive.  Yeah.  That's it.

I must admit I've blocked much of the last season or two from my memory.  I liked 4-D, if that's the one I'm thinking about where there was the alternate universe thing and Reyes got shot in one of them and died or almost did.  Sigh.  Good times, good times.

My most vivid memory of s9 is "Jump the Shark", which, of course, never actually happened.  It was just a figment of my imagination.  Which is why the Gunmen are actually still alive.  Yeah.  That's it.

Agreed.  "Jump The Shark" jumped the shark.   I wonder what were the XF writers thinking when tehy killed off the Lone Gunmen.  It's like when they did the two parter about Mulder's sister in season 7 and it just disappointed me.   I rather had her revealed to be abducted by aliens all along or just have remain a mystery.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Agreed.  "Jump The Shark" jumped the shark.   I wonder what were the XF writers thinking when tehy killed off the Lone Gunmen.  It's like when they did the two parter about Mulder's sister in season 7 and it just disappointed me.   I rather had her revealed to be abducted by aliens all along or just have remain a mystery.

What they were thinking?  What they were thinking is "Duh, I'm a big idiot!  Let's do something stupid!"

And yeah, the Closure 2-parter was okay, but it didn't hit.  The starlight thing was okay, but it would've been better for some other storyline.  Though I guess it was good for Mulder because he was left knowing that she didn't die some painful death or anything.  But I freely admit that I shed more than a couple tears at the end, when he met her in the field with all the starlight children.  Though that has a lot to do with the amazing song stylings of Moby, too.

Ok, first things first....

"4-D"

That wimpy, whiney guy named Irwin slit Monicas throat in the parallell universe, then the parallell John Doggett followed him into our universe, where the wimpy guy shot him.

Second of all...that whole "Jump the Shark" thing was, in fact, a figmant of our imagination.  We all fell victom to mass insanity!  (as did whoever wrote that) :alien:  :ghostface:  :devil01: