Attention........Attention.......Attention

Rate this topic

OK i am taking this upon myself to make this list for all that want to participate. I know some of you may not like my choices but i have learned, you cant please everyone all the time. Here it goes:

Oct. 28 Seven

Nov. 4 The Bone Collector

Nov. 11 Tightrope w/ Clint Eastwood

Nov. 18 The Ninth Gate

Nov. 25 The Dead Zone The Movie

Dec. 2 The Devils Advocate

Dec. 9 The Game w/ Micheal Douglas

Dec. 16 Frailty

Movie night will take an haitus until Jan.6

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
OK i am taking this upon myself to make this list for all that want to participate. I know some of you may not like my choices but i have learned, you cant please everyone all the time. Here it goes:

Oct. 28 Seven

Nov. 18 The Ninth Gate

Dec. 16 Frailty

Movie night will take an haitus until Jan.6

Excellent choices Joe! 'Se7en' isn't one of my personal favorites (although I know that just about EVERYONE else really likes it :yes: ) but all the rest are GREAT!!!

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Excellent choices Joe! 'Se7en' isn't one of my personal favorites (although I know that just about EVERYONE else really likes it :yes: ) but all the rest are GREAT!!!

Yes, excellent selections. Se7en actually is a favorite of mine, but I can see where certain girly men would have a problem with it. :rofl:

Guest betweenthelines

I've only seen Se7en (I have it, actually) and The Ninth Gate. Hated TNG but enjoyed Se7en. I'll try and see if the other ones are available for rent... I've been wanting to see The Game for a while.

Guest SouthernCelt
Oct. 28 Seven

Nov. 18 The Ninth Gate

Dec. 16 Frailty

Seven -- Bought the DVD awhile back. Good movie but I have to be in the right mood to watch it.

The Bone Collector -- Pretty good but not one I'd go out of my way for.

Tightrope w/ Clint Eastwood -- I saw it several years ago on rented VHS but don't really remember it that well, so I guess I wasn't that impressed.

The Ninth Gate -- OK but I didn't see it 'til the tape went on rock bottom price sale and I bought it.

If you're a fan of the pseudo-religious theme of Satan's minions (as normal-looking people) being loose in the world, you might like this. Depp looks bored through most of it.

The Dead Zone The Movie -- Is this the one from quite a few years back with Christopher Walken or has it been remade?

The Devils Advocate -- Good role for Pacino.

The Game w/ Micheal Douglas -- This movie wore me out but was really enjoyable.

It's a good thing I don't have a brother, especially one who pulls 'practical jokes' that extreme. I'm afraid that if I'd been Douglas' character, I'd be without a brother once I learned what he'd done.

Frailty -- This one spooked me out pretty badly and wasn't what I thought it was going to be when I rented it. (It was better.)

Guest Frank L.

SE7EN is one of my favorite movies. I feel just like SouthernCelt, I have to be in the right mood to watch it.

The Bone Collector was good, but not great IMHO. Denzel Washington has done much better.

Devil's Advocate has a fantastic Pacino. One of my favorite ever performances.

The Game is a brilliant film in my opinion. I just bought the brand new special remastered edition, with new extra's like an audio commentary with David Fincher and Michael Douglas.

Haven't seen the rest of the movies yet. Will watch Tightrope some time soon, though. Big Eastwood fan. BTW, SC, you're signature is from a great movie as well.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I've only seen Se7en (I have it, actually) and The Ninth Gate. Hated TNG but enjoyed Se7en. I'll try and see if the other ones are available for rent... I've been wanting to see The Game for a while.

I don't say this to be argumentative, and I can see where it is not for everyone for sure, but for some reason I really really enjoyed the Ninth Gate. All of the reviews I heard about it, along with the word of mouth indicated that it was really bad, so it took me forever to take a chance on it, but this is one of those movies where I go against the mainstream sentiment. I can't even pinpoint what I liked. Maybe it was the mysterious blonde chick or Johnny Depps character, or the intrigue of the old books. Maybe the perfect setting had something to do with it. Who knows, it just worked for me.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Seven -- Bought the DVD awhile back. Good movie but I have to be in the right mood to watch it.

The Bone Collector -- Pretty good but not one I'd go out of my way for.

Tightrope w/ Clint Eastwood -- I saw it several years ago on rented VHS but don't really remember it that well, so I guess I wasn't that impressed.

The Ninth Gate -- OK but I didn't see it 'til the tape went on rock bottom price sale and I bought it.

If you're a fan of the pseudo-religious theme of Satan's minions (as normal-looking people) being loose in the world, you might like this. Depp looks bored through most of it.

The Dead Zone The Movie -- Is this the one from quite a few years back with Christopher Walken or has it been remade?

The Devils Advocate -- Good role for Pacino.

The Game w/ Micheal Douglas -- This movie wore me out but was really enjoyable.

It's a good thing I don't have a brother, especially one who pulls 'practical jokes' that extreme. I'm afraid that if I'd been Douglas' character, I'd be without a brother once I learned what he'd done.

Frailty -- This one spooked me out pretty badly and wasn't what I thought it was going to be when I rented it. (It was better.)

A couple of notes, first, I pretty much agree with your assessment, except that I probably liked the Bone Collector a little more than you. I remember Tightrope as being excellent, but I have also forgotten a lot of it, so I am due for another viewing. As far as I know, there has not been a remake of the original "Dead Zone", and it is a great movie that I haven't seen for a while. Yet another good selection by Joe. I also agree on Frailty, it was not at all what I expected when I went to see it at the theater. I don't know if it was the advertising or what, but it wasn't the type of movie I thought it would be. I would also agree it was probably a little better than expected.