Millennium - This Is Who We Are Welcome to Halloween Macabre!

Emma & Antipas

• Elders (Moderators)
I agree, this was definitely her objective, but the reaction of Mr Saxum doesn't really match the time line. He kind of acts casual after the incident, and like he has no idea what Una's problem was when she comes bursting in. Based on the actual amount of time that it would have taken from the time Una sees them to the time she walks to the house and then through the house, I think even the unsuspecting Mr. Saxum would be starting to think "Hey, Lucy, what's the deal with this button" and plucked it off himself. Unless, of course, he was enjoying the moment, in which case, he would have acted differently when Una arrived.

I honestly think he did enjoy the moment; just look at his face when Lucy looks at him. :makingeyes: And he wasn't embarrassed or anything like that when Una came in, because he just didn't care. I think it's pretty obvious right from the start that they're having problems in their marriage (for example, the argument in the garden in the beginning of the ep), and that makes a perfect opportunity for Lucy. But that's just my opinion. :wink:

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paranoid eyes

With regard to Emma's behaviour towards Frank I guess it showed how much respect she had for him. The guy had a reputation for saying totally crazy stuff which turns out to be true. I remember how everyone was sceptical when he said that : the serial killer is not black (Pilot), the wife killed herself and the children (Covenant), Fabricant would risk getting caught only to finish of the marshal (Lamentation), the killer was really a five year old girl (Monster). Of course he was right. So maybe Emma just thought that although this case is weird, Frank's behaviour is weird he knows what he is doing and the best she can do is to let him finish his work :whistling: . I agree that most people would have asked about the supernatural they have seen with their own eyes- such as Frank turning into a dog- but they returned to those issues in SDOM and Seven and One when she actually had some contact with the evil.

• 1 month later...

With regard to Emma's behaviour towards Frank I guess it showed how much respect she had for him. The guy had a reputation for saying totally crazy stuff which turns out to be true. I remember how everyone was sceptical when he said that : the serial killer is not black (Pilot), the wife killed herself and the children (Covenant), Fabricant would risk getting caught only to finish of the marshal (Lamentation), the killer was really a five year old girl (Monster). Of course he was right. So maybe Emma just thought that although this case is weird, Frank's behaviour is weird he knows what he is doing and the best she can do is to let him finish his work :whistling: . I agree that most people would have asked about the supernatural they have seen with their own eyes- such as Frank turning into a dog- but they returned to those issues in SDOM and Seven and One when she actually had some contact with the evil.

I just watched Antipas on Chiller network and I just love Lucy Butler heh...its to funny to me actually , Mcclaren never believes Frank yet by the end of every episode he is proven 100 percent right...next episode , there's Mcclaren not believing Frank again...Millennium is on every night at 7pm on Chiller ( EST ) and this saturday there will be a marathon of episodes...about 9 in a row.

I just watched Antipas on Chiller network and I just love Lucy Butler heh...its to funny to me actually , Mcclaren never believes Frank yet by the end of every episode he is proven 100 percent right...next episode , there's Mcclaren not believing Frank again...Millennium is on every night at 7pm on Chiller ( EST ) and this saturday there will be a marathon of episodes...about 9 in a row.

I think the ever present unbelief of McClaren is a conceit of Millennium much like Scully's continued skepticism even after hundreds of encounters with the paranormal in X Files. It's a way to let casual viewers in on the basic premise of a show and to produce good standalone episodes that can be aired in syndication out of order and still be understood.

Off topic- but I always thought the X Files would have been even better had they thrown in a Scooby Doo ending at least 3 or 4 times a season. Why should Mulder be right EVERY time! (Scully: We've caught the bog monster, now lets see who he really is... Mr. Porter the gardener!)

The 'Scooby Doo' ending would have been a nice touch and actually an added touch of reality if they showed more paranormal phenomena happening as a result of hoaxs and whatnot.

• 4 months later...
Guest paranoid eyes
I think the ever present unbelief of McClaren is a conceit of Millennium much like Scully's continued skepticism even after hundreds of encounters with the paranormal in X Files. It's a way to let casual viewers in on the basic premise of a show and to produce good standalone episodes that can be aired in syndication out of order and still be understood.

Off topic- but I always thought the X Files would have been even better had they thrown in a Scooby Doo ending at least 3 or 4 times a season. Why should Mulder be right EVERY time! (Scully: We've caught the bog monster, now lets see who he really is... Mr. Porter the gardener!)

I heard that Carter wanted to have more Scooby Doo endings so that Scully would not be wrong all the time but the show had to have a lot of supernatural stuff to be interesting.