Road signs; scary catfish

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

post-386-1158148861_thumb.jpg

335 road signs in eight-mile stretch

Question for the UK-ers and other Euros on the board: I thought the measure of distance in Europe was the kilometer, not the mile. Note the sign in the pic.

(For some reason this won't post an URL properly like it did below.?)

Giant catfish scares tourists

I really thought this one would be about something in a southern US state, but it's Holland!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question for the UK-ers and other Euros on the board: I thought the measure of distance in Europe was the kilometer, not the mile. Note the sign in the pic.

i'm not a uk-er, but i've been there. think about the two systems for a second, we have metric, and we have imperial. as in, british. they give distances such as to a detour or something in yards as well. threw me off at first too.

here's a fun sign my friend took in oz. i didn't catch this one, but i have dozens of warning signs for penguins, kangaroos, ekidnas, etc

- nothing, who misses oz

post-133-1159220333_thumb.jpg

believes...

this is who we are

we can't just sit back and hope for a happy ending

i couldn't swear it wasn't just an incredibly realistic simulation. not just the scenery, my whole life.

Guest Frank L.

I believe in the UK they only use 'miles'. In Holland (we I live, BTW) they only use kilometers.

I really thought this one would be about something in a southern US state, but it's Holland!

Yep, I've seen these big scary monsters before. Thankfully, not in real life. I've been fishing a few times with a friend, and we've been talking about it; the second we saw we hooked a catfish, we would cut the line!

I've read about this fishing technique where, while you're in your canoe, you take some sort of short wooden paddle and move it back and forth in the water. This makes a sound underwater that attracts catfish. People have lost their hands doing this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines