LANCE AND MEGAN IN THE UK!

Rate this topic

ENGINECOMICS

Meeting Lance and Megan was amazing!

My day started of with a bit of 'Sod's Law' ('Murphy's Law' in American English). In the morning I went to my computer to print off a copy of the home page of my website, The Institute of Selfosophy, for both Lance and Megan to sign, and the bleepin' printer was on the blankin' fritz!!! Imagine my frustration!

So, I took the bus to the Centre MK, and went to an internet lounge and printed off a copy of the home page. Got there at 10:15, and the lounge wasn't open!!! So, I went down to Middleton Hall to see if I could find Baz, and to scope out where Lance and Megan's booths were. I went to Costa to see if Baz was lingering at Costa coffee still, and not finding him, looked for Lance and Megan's booths, while keeping an eye out for Baz. I found their booths and got a place ticket for queing for Lance (didn't need one for Megan). I then had a little shop around the venders, and went back to the internet lounge to print off a copy of my homepage. This brought me to about 11:15 and I figured I might find Baz in the que for photos with the celebs, which I did. We couldn't actually have formal intros because he was a ways away, across a barrier, so I said I'd catch up with him later at the agreed 3pm time at Costa's. But, I was cool to finally see someone in person, who was a fellow TIWWA member!

I then went to Megan's booth to que up. When I was approaching the area and saw her their in person, I couldn't believe how beautiful she was! She is even more lovely in person! I suddenly found myself extremely nervous about going to meet her! I was quite surprised by my reaction. I was suddenly very excited and anxious! When I finally got to the table I asked "So how's this work" with a smile on my face. Megan laughed. I explained that I truly didn't know if I should pay first or what, because I had never actually qued up to meet anyone at one of these functions. That I normally don't but, because both She and Lance were there, I thought is was more than worth the effort! She said "Awe, well thank you!" By this time I had forgot most of what I wanted to say to her, but I said that I thought she was a fantastic actress and have enjoyed many of her various character roles over the years, but that it was her role in Millennium that I enjoyed the most, and made me a big fan. She said, "Yeah, it was an amazing show, and I was glad to be a part of it..." I told her I thought is was an incredible show, and very unique and ground breaking for television, and that she and lance where I big part of making it that way. To which she responded "And, Chris, of course," and we both laughed a bit. I asked her if she had heard anything about a MLM movie, she said that she had only heard the usual rumours, and that she would love to have a part in it... she said "I would have to be a ghost..." To which I responded, "Well, with Millennium, that would be quite possible." I then wrapped it up, because there were several people qued up, by the time I was done, and thought I should get moving.

I was reduced to flippin' giddy school boy as I walked away!!! LOL! I truly could not believe how meeting her, and talking with her for a bit affected me.

I had an even more pronounced reaction when I met Lance, which I will have to describe later, because I have run out of time on my lunch break at work.

More to come...

• Elders (Admins)

Wow! Absolutely amazing guys, thanks for sharing those memories with us!

Lance and Megan both looked sincerely surprised and grateful for the wonderful artwork, you must be so proud! Cherish those memories forever! Beautiful, emotional and fitting video, thank you so much for sharing it and for letting those that couldn't attend experience a little of what it what is was like. Also a big thank you for the link to This is who we are at the end of the video - much appreciated!

My first thoughts when I saw Megan was "Oh wow!" - she really is a beautiful, thoughtful and kind person. Thanks for the photos and congrats to you both for meeting up!

You are all most welcome! I wish more TIWWA folks could have been there. Though, I saw a few people walking around with MLM boxsets, ready for them to be signed... I was tempted to approach one or two of them, and ask if they were TIWWA members, but was afraid it would have been a breech of Group security - they may have been from a break away faction/schism! LOL

Anyway, on to my meeting with Lance...

As I got in the que, I was even more surprised at my reaction. It suddenly hit me that I was about to me the man, the great actor that had given theatrical life to Frank Black! The man of the Millennium! I felt like I was meeting a hero of sorts, and realised that is exactly who he was for me. I was truly surprised by the level of anxious excitement I was experiencing, which increased the nearer I got to the front of the que! I found myself smiling ear to ear and laughing to myself, whispering and repeating under my breath, "I can't believe it! Holy blankin' bleep!" (only, I didn't say 'blankin' bleep!') I was actually getting chills, as I am right now just relating to you! And as I do every time I tell someone about meeting Lance on Sunday!

When I finally got to the front of the que, I could barely contain my excitement!

Then finally, the person in front of me had finished with his picture, and signatures, and walk away. I must have looked completed psyched to be meeting him, because when he looked at me and held his hand out to shake mine, he said "Hey, Buddy!" with is big smile on his face, and really gave me a good harty hand shake, laughing with me as I said...

Scott: "Wow! It is fantastic to finally meet you! I have been a fan for years!" (still laughing in my excitement)

Lance: "It's good to meet you!" (laughing with me)

Scott: "I have enjoyed your film work, but I am a big fan of Millennium and Frank Black. You did an amazing job of playing that character, and made Millennium an incredible show! The character and that show mean a lot to me." (throughout this time, Lance kept saying very sincerely, "Wow. Thank you..." "Thank you, that's great!" etc.)

Lance: (looking at the paper copy of the home page of my website, The Selfosophy Institute) "So, what do we have here..."

Scott: "It's a copy the home page of my Millennium related website, which I was wondering if you would sign for me."

Lance: "Sure, I would be glad to..." (he then paused for a second because he was taking a closer look at it, then continued...) "...wait... Selfosophy?"

Scott: (laughing again) "Yes! I thought the humour of Jose Chung's Doomsday Defence really intelligent and clever, and it appealed to my, sort of, sensibilities and humour. It inspired me to build a website based upon the Selfosophy belief system..."

Lance: laughing "Oh, that's great! Wasn't that a crazy episode! Remember that character I play, with the hair..." (making a motion over his head, as if to say 'big, mad hair')

Scott:"Yeah, Rocket McGrane! How could I forget! You had such an amazing range in the episode... everything from playing Rocket McGrain, to playing off Charles Nelson Reilly, then back to the serious Frank Black... great stuff!"

I have run out of time again... more to come...

Guest SouthernCelt
My first thoughts when I saw Meghan was "Oh wow!" - she really is a beautiful...person.

Boy, you can say that again! I think she looks better in this candid shot than she has in any publicity photos.

As for Lance, he looks well too. It's almost a bit odd seeing him with a big smile on his face when Frank hardly ever smiled and when he did it usually had a grim edge to it.

Yes, thanks guys for posting all this. You're making a lot of people wish they could have been there.

hi all.

i'm glad you all enjoyed the video. honestly, i still can't quite believe i got to meet them both. its really the stuff fanboys dreams are made of.

megan was stunning in person, she hasn't changed a bit from her time on the series. Lance seemed to have a massive smile on his face everytime i saw him, just really glad to meet the fans, a really warm, fun guy. some actors want to maintain a distance between themselves and fans, seeing events like these as pure money making exercises. i never got that feeling from either lance or megan.

i remember from an interview he did a while ago one of the roles he has always wanted to do was a sit-com. hopefully one day someone will gve him the role to flex his comedy muscles. and i believe megan is on the new season of 24, so soon a whole new audience will see what a great actress she is, and i think in a leading role for the first time since MILLENNIUM.

hopefully they'll be back next year. i know i will be.

baz