What Episodes Made You Mad

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber
PS, all of these claims are made about quotes from Morgan and Wong and quotes from other writers. Is it too much to ask to supply these quotes when these claims are made?

I agree with this. All too often, in other debates, I see people make wild claims and refuse to support them with quotes or direct information. I will therefore do my best to supply the quotes that are relevant to the points I made above. I cannot comment on the ratings however -- I have no first hand knowledge of them, and as far as I can tell there is no record of them anywhere on the internet.

On to some of the things that M&W have been documented as saying though:

Glen Morgan on the end of Millennium Season 2:

"That was another case where we thought we were going to get cancelled. And I remember we were furious over the football playoffs in January. There was not one [advertisement] -- not even a 30-second spot -- for Millennium. So we were like, "Hey what's the deal?" The static thing at the end was Darin's idea coming back from a football game. He goes, "You know, just f***ing end the world! And it's just static." And I thought that was a great idea. But we were laughing at the time -- it was a joke. But then we got so mad that they didn't promote us that we started telling them, "We're putting the equivalent amount of static for every promotion we did not get."

James Wong on Millennium:

"It's not as much fun as The X Files to write... We're still trying to find what it is, see where it can go, where it fails, and try and find what the show is. Right now it is more restrictive than The X Files, but maybe it will find some other way to go that will broaden it."

Glen Morgan on Season 3 of The X-Files where he and James Wong were absent:

"In year three, I don't think enough time was spent dealing with the characters."

James Wong on Chris Carter's "Red Museum":

"I think that's one of the most confusing episodes I've ever seen. It had some really neat ideas in it, but I don't think it pulled together finally."

Glen Morgan on Chris Carter's script for "Irresistible":

"I think that's David Nutter' best episode in that when you read the script you said 'Yeah, that's okay', but he just gave it the whole atmosphere it needed. And the actor - Nick Chinlund - was outstanding. They just made it work."

James Wong on his and Glen Morgan's "3":

"The script was much better than the show."

James Wong on fans online:

"In the beginning, the X-Files Internet fans really helped us - to read their comments. Towards the middle of the run for us, on X-Files, it became very much UNhelpful because we felt that they sort of had taken a position that new things shouldn't be tried."

James Wong on "Squeeze":

"I was very disappointed by its production. There were a lot of things that didn't work for us and we had to go back and reshoot. The production of it left such a nasty taste in my mouth... All I can see is what it should have been. It should have been more than it was."

Glen Morgan adds:

"["Squeeze"] had a director who was a problem, so this was a real chance to correct that part of it and do some of those things that were cut of the first episode. I cannot tell you how unwatchable the first cut of "Squeeze" was. When I watch it, I can't even follow the story. I just see where we solved problems, or hope that we solved problems."

And then of course, the pair refused to take part in the documentaries for the Millennium DVDs.

And then of course, the pair refused to take part in the documentaries for the Millennium DVDs.
MIB...i would NEVER post anything that i could not substantiate...in the interest of brevity, i simply felt that if those who purport that S2 was wonderful would only watch the interviews after S3, it would be as clear as the nose on ones face that it was "endured" more than "endeared" by several key people, including Lance himself...their answers are very guarded, however, if you "read between the lines" it becomes quite clear...i dont think that it requires "hunting" obscure quotes from years back when its so blatantly obvious in the interviews......thanks to ZF for providing the requisite information...

4th Horseman..

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB...i would NEVER post anything that i could not substantiate...in the interest of brevity, i simply felt that if those who purport that S2 was wonderful would only watch the interviews after S3, it would be as clear as the nose on ones face that it was "endured" more than "endeared" by several key people, including Lance himself...their answers are very guarded, however, if you "read between the lines" it becomes quite clear...i dont think that it requires "hunting" obscure quotes from years back when its so blatantly obvious in the interviews......thanks to ZF for providing the requisite information...

4th Horseman..

This thread is tiring me out, but I can't remember you saying anything that required a quote. I was speaking about the thread in general, as opposed to picking anyone out.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

4th Horseman..

Strange, my previous message didn't go though the first time, and then when I refreshed the page, it sent an empty message. Therefore, I will edit the empty space and ask this question: What is the story about Morgan and Wong and the interviews. Do we have conclusive evidence or confirmation that they refused for the sake of refusing, rather than simply not having the time or simply deciding not to do it because they had better things to do. Did they make comments about the documentary or being asked to participate, or are people reading something into their absence that was unspoken.

Strange, my previous message didn't go though the first time, and then when I refreshed the page, it sent an empty message. Therefore, I will edit the empty space and ask this question: What is the story about Morgan and Wong and the interviews. Do we have conclusive evidence or confirmation that they refused for the sake of refusing, rather than simply not having the time or simply deciding not to do it because they had better things to do. Did they make comments about the documentary or being asked to participate, or are people reading something into their absence that was unspoken.
you're still cool in my book, MIB...4th Horseman is not given to hysteria or "pulling out of thin air" syndromes...LOL....perhaps this seems like flogging a dead horse because that is exactly what it is....i for one am moving on......see you on other posts MIB...

i am envious of your movie-fest and wish i had more time in the day...I do know what you are talking about in regards to getting a deal. While i was in New York, i visited a little hole in the wall shop in Cooperstown where i found the origional version of "The Omen" on DVD for 6.00

4th Horseman...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I agree with this. All too often, in other debates, I see people make wild claims and refuse to support them with quotes or direct information. I will therefore do my best to supply the quotes that are relevant to the points I made above. I cannot comment on the ratings however -- I have no first hand knowledge of them, and as far as I can tell there is no record of them anywhere on the internet.

Thanks for the quotes, I did a google search, but can't seem to find any of the ratings for the show either. I think your quotes go to show that Morgan and Wong have made critical comments in the past, but this is not one of the point I was getting at when I suggested that quotes be included. Also, I don't expect people to go back and dig up quotes, but rather to include the quote (in context) in the future when such claims are made as Morgan and Wong tried to abandon the series and deliberately scuttle the ship before they left. As mentioned, I, and other fans of the show that I knew at the time, was looking forward to season 3, and it never entered my mind that they wouldn't be able to proceed after the S2 ending. In fact, the end of S2 left me with a great deal of curiosity, and I looked forward to S3 all the more to find out what would happen. With that, I will make an effort to bow out of this discussion again.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
you're still cool in my book, MIB...4th Horseman is not given to hysteria or "pulling out of thin air" syndromes...LOL....perhaps this seems like flogging a dead horse because that is exactly what it is....i for one am moving on......see you on other posts MIB...

i am envious of your movie-fest and wish i had more time in the day...I do know what you are talking about in regards to getting a deal. While i was in New York, i visited a little hole in the wall shop in Cooperstown where i found the origional version of "The Omen" on DVD for 6.00

4th Horseman...

Yes, see you in other posts. This thread is frying my brain. Hopefully I will resist the temptation to open it in the future. Yes, the movie fest was a lot of fun. It was a nice poor mans splurge. It just came to mind that I should look to see what I can get "Session 9" for on VHS at Amazon.com. I haven't rented it in a couple of years, and it was in the Blockbuster "favorites" last time I picked it up, which included some left over VHS. Session 9 was one of the ones on VHS, so it was no surprise that it was suddenly gone the last time I went looking for it. I guess they needed the shelf space, so another poor VHS bites the dust.... By the way, it is I who am envious of you. The Omen on DVD for $6 sounds like a tempting deal. :tasty: Sometimes those little holes in the wall are the most fun, especially when they have a bargain bin and let some hidden gems find their way into it.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Darn it!

i was hoping for a good ole' fashion cat fight between 4thhorseman and Bliss!

It looks like you will have to settle for your VHS of Fast Times. I can guess where it was last stopped. :nahah: