What Episodes Made You Mad

Rate this topic

MIB - i thought you said you were going away to post on other subjects?? LOL....i dont know why everytime these discussions come up that we get dragged back into them, kicking and screaming...its not about being against anyone, its not what has been said, its HOW its being said...this is clearly a case of those who have been here a while (ZF/MDM/yourself/me) who have grown comfortable, or OK, with assessments that are not looked upon favorably by everyone. Hell, ZF and i have disagreed about many things recently, which has led me to believe that he is not who he says he is....LOL...the X-Files discussion thread is a perfect example...we dont agree on certain episodes, but i dont get offended and call it ridiculous...he is entitled to his opinion, no matter how wrong it is... :rofl:

Liberty...welcome to the board. I think its great to see such fire and passion in new members. I have NEVER run across ANYONE here who would ever intentionally insult your opinions or ideas, so relax and dont take it so personal...

4th Horseman...

No offense taken man ! I have already said in my previous posts that would be ludicrous to get offended for this. Yet I find it difficult to swallow MDM's critics as I find them grossly unfair. Heck, even Carter admitted on " The end game " that the second season was in many ways better. Let's be clear about this, I don't get a penny for my rants in favor of M&W, yet I can't stand seeing the good work done in the second season going down the drain just because someones expectations were not met .

Guest Moriarty
yet I can't stand seeing the good work done in the second season going down the drain just because someones expectations were not met .

Allow me to step in here. It is not because expectations were not met that MDM does not like season 2. His critics are based on the show itself. Based only on the episodes. If someone does not agree with decisions that were made or with the direction the writing took it is ok to say so. And when you can motivate your point of view like he did it is surely ok. That's all he did. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. He even admits that there is some good work in season 2 as do I. I liked "The Mikado" for example. "Luminary" also. But the general tone and the group episodes just did not appeal to me at all. Zeus, and MDM feel the same and they did a great job explaining why. So once again Liberty, do not feel offended because someone has an opinion.

Will you stop telling me I'm offended ? Because I'm not. It's more like piss off than offense, because against all evidence it's been tried to pass this like an universal judgement. Well I wont accept this light hearted. Let's agree we disagree on all fronts and close it here, otherwise we will slip in to a big roaring flame. And with this I-ll say no more on the subject

Cheers

Guest Moriarty
Will you stop telling me I'm offended ? Because I'm not. It's more like piss off than offense, because against all evidence it's been tried to pass this like an universal judgement. Well I wont accept this light hearted. Let's agree we disagree on all fronts and close it here, otherwise we will slip in to a big roaring flame. And with this I-ll say no more on the subject

Cheers

Hi Liberty. Sorry if I said you were offended. Indeed, let's agree to disagree here.

Cheers.

Cheers

Liberty...explain your avatar for us if you dont mind..if i read it somewhat correct does it say 4th Infantry Marine Batallion?? Yes, you will learn thru your experience here that its best to let "sleeping dogs lie" at times....there have been a couple of times here that a bit of flaming occurred between members, in particular when religion was thrown into the mix...most of us now try not to focus on this aspect unless we are discussing how it deals with a particular episode, etc...your stay here will sometimes be a bit rocky, as it has been at times for all of us, but overall its a wonderful place to be...

4th Horseman...

Liberty...explain your avatar for us if you dont mind..if i read it somewhat correct does it say 4th Infantry Marine Batallion?? Yes, you will learn thru your experience here that its best to let "sleeping dogs lie" at times....there have been a couple of times here that a bit of flaming occurred between members, in particular when religion was thrown into the mix...most of us now try not to focus on this aspect unless we are discussing how it deals with a particular episode, etc...your stay here will sometimes be a bit rocky, as it has been at times for all of us, but overall its a wonderful place to be...

4th Horseman...

It's 307 Infantry Marine Batallion, my ex unit as a soldier. Like all marines in this world we still keep closely in touch.

Well I'm not afraid of rocky forums and flames. I try to do my best not provoke flames but that is not to say that I retreat when one jumps out.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB...did i miss something?? i went back and re-read the posts from this thread and dont recall seeing where anyone directly stated that S2 "sucks"...maybe i overlooked it, however, your last sentence speaks volumes..."implied" is the key word...yes you can be articulate and eloquent and still get your point across...if you were to ask those of us for an overall assessment of S2, at least for me, i would have to say that i liked certain episodes, but i thought that the direction the show took was inappropriate, thats all. Not only that, but the attempt to "partner up" Frank with Lara never worked for me, hence the comment about it never hurts to have your husband be one of the main writers. I never cared for her acting, whether it be in S2 or in "The Field Where I Died" from the X-files. But, like a tired old dishrag, we continue to debate this issue...all i am saying is that when i first started here, i took any disagreement, no matter how well articulated, personally...its only through being here for almost 3 years and getting to know most of you here, that now if i say that i think that S8 of the X-files is more gratuitous and bloody than most other seasons, i dont get defensive when ZF or anyone else disagrees with me.....I see what I see thru my own eyes, interpret it based on personal experiences, prejudices, etc, and define the intent...if its different than yours or anyone elses, thats cool with me, and thats where we can come together and find out, rather paradoxically, just how different, yet similar we are...

4th Horseman..

Yes, I think you are right, nobody ever stated "S2 sucked". My point was this, Liberty said something about someone implying that S2 sucked. This comment was called into question by another poster, who said something about how Liberty was reducing the previous posters articulate post into a simplistic "S2 sucks" rant. However, I saw this as a summary of the first post, and a very fair summary, given the fact that such harsh criticism was given regarding M & W and S2. There was also an issue with Libery choosing the words "trashing S2" or something to that effect. Someone also implied that this was not an appropriate choice of terms. Regardless of how elequently it was done, I think it is more than fair to say M & W were trashed as was S2. Once again, I'm not complaining about someone's opinion, but if you come to the Millennium message board and rip on what I regard as the overall favorite season, at least among the members here, it has to be expected that it isn't going to be widely embraced, and the response of Liberty was quite restrained and fair under the circumstances. Anyway's, that being said, I agree with the rest of your post. Well spoken. :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Allow me to step in here. It is not because expectations were not met that MDM does not like season 2. His critics are based on the show itself. Based only on the episodes. If someone does not agree with decisions that were made or with the direction the writing took it is ok to say so. And when you can motivate your point of view like he did it is surely ok. That's all he did. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. He even admits that there is some good work in season 2 as do I. I liked "The Mikado" for example. "Luminary" also. But the general tone and the group episodes just did not appeal to me at all. Zeus, and MDM feel the same and they did a great job explaining why. So once again Liberty, do not feel offended because someone has an opinion.

Once again, I don't see where Liberty was "offended about someone having an opinion". He was simply responding with his opinion, which seems to have offended others.