Abyss Ratings for "Sense and Antisense" through "The Hand of Saint Sebastian"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Feel free to opine on each of your choices too.

I thought these were all just about right, except that Sense and Antisense was about one star too high and 19:19 was about two stars too low. Other than that, pretty close. Interesting, 4 out of 5 voters think the perfect 5 for Hand of Saint Sebastian was just about right heehee. :oneeyedwinK

Guest ZeusFaber
I thought these were all just about right, except that Sense and Antisense was about one star too high and 19:19 was about two stars too low. Other than that, pretty close.

I thought most of these were too high, except for "The Curse of Frank Black" and "19:19" which both had the right score IMO. Like you, I thought "Sense and Antisense" should have gone down by one star, but also "Monster" should have gone down by two stars, and "The Hand of Saint Sebastain" by four!

Interesting, 4 out of 5 voters think the perfect 5 for Hand of Saint Sebastian was just about right heehee. :oneeyedwinK

Don't worry, I'm aware that there tends to be more S2 supporters around the board, and fewer of those like me.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I thought most of these were too high, except for "The Curse of Frank Black" and "19:19" which both had the right score IMO. Like you, I thought "Sense and Antisense" should have gone down by one star, but also "Monster" should have gone down by two stars, and "The Hand of Saint Sebastain" by four!

Don't worry, I'm aware that there tends to be more S2 supporters around the board, and fewer of those like me.

Yes, but with L@the not being around lately, I feel like the lone voice of support for S2 and M & W. I know there are many more though, for we are many. :devil:

I thought the hand of saint sebastian is spot on , just watched it now for the first time (shame on me i know) , but I like the feeling that the millennium group has passed one millennium and is well on its way to the last one (now) .....

Maybe i am just one of those people that longs for deeper meaning in things ??

Jimmy B

I thought the hand of saint sebastian is spot on , just watched it now for the first time (shame on me i know) , but I like the feeling that the millennium group has passed one millennium and is well on its way to the last one (now) .....

Maybe i am just one of those people that longs for deeper meaning in things ??

Jimmy B

MIB - saw LOH lurking on the site earlier...yes, its a bit lonely here without his witty banter :death: ....

19:19 - one of my favorites from S2 (you know, that Morgan and Wong year!! :alien: )...i felt the story line was fairly tight until the storm scene where one minute a tornado is moving across the ground, and the next its bright and sunny...Will Rogers once said "If you dont like the weather in the midwest, just wait a minute" but this is ridiculous....the references to "The Wizard of Oz" are cute, but it tends to fall apart in the last 5 minutes of so. Even with that said, i thought the epi was rated a bit too low..

THOSS - already discussed this earlier...

Monster - the first meeting of Lara and Frank...well done...going out on a limb to show that evil knows no age, it was a bit risky, but in the end i thought the writers pulled it off very well...and to have Danielle "fostered" out to a MIllenniuM Group member leaves one to think that there was a parallel, yet darker intent on the part of the Group...

A Single Blade of Grass - by far the weakest epi of all 3 seasons...in my opinion..Frank's powers, seemingly, by the format of the epi, to be of a psychic nature, flys in the face of what this gift was truely meant to be, a talent honed on years of experience, etc..Frank being forced to drink snake venom and then sitting on the curb as if nothing happened (no reaction whatsoever, when it killed the first victim). Can someone explain that?

4th Horseman..

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
MIB - saw LOH lurking on the site earlier...yes, its a bit lonely here without his witty banter :death: ....

19:19 - one of my favorites from S2 (you know, that Morgan and Wong year!! :alien: )...i felt the story line was fairly tight until the storm scene where one minute a tornado is moving across the ground, and the next its bright and sunny...Will Rogers once said "If you dont like the weather in the midwest, just wait a minute" but this is ridiculous....the references to "The Wizard of Oz" are cute, but it tends to fall apart in the last 5 minutes of so. Even with that said, i thought the epi was rated a bit too low..

THOSS - already discussed this earlier...

Monster - the first meeting of Lara and Frank...well done...going out on a limb to show that evil knows no age, it was a bit risky, but in the end i thought the writers pulled it off very well...and to have Danielle "fostered" out to a MIllenniuM Group member leaves one to think that there was a parallel, yet darker intent on the part of the Group...

A Single Blade of Grass - by far the weakest epi of all 3 seasons...in my opinion..Frank's powers, seemingly, by the format of the epi, to be of a psychic nature, flys in the face of what this gift was truely meant to be, a talent honed on years of experience, etc..Frank being forced to drink snake venom and then sitting on the curb as if nothing happened (no reaction whatsoever, when it killed the first victim). Can someone explain that?

4th Horseman..

Ahhh, L@the has been lurking around hah? Maybe he will find the time to join us one of these days so he can inject his rare blend of charm and wit to the board once again. I totally agree on 19:19. I'm not sure what you would rank it, but to me, it was a very good episode with a good story, which allowed me to overlook the "weather" issues. I was really surprised to see it get a 2 out of 5 on the Abyss, but this is simply an indication that the reviewer just didn't care for the episode, and we all have that hand full of episodes that we didn't like as much. We also have different ways of weighing the importance of certain problems we might have with each episode, and I, for one, am usually willing to overlook small problems in otherwise good episodes. I also share many of your views on "Single Blade". I think there are a few episodes that are worse, but the fact that I have only watched this episode two, or at the most three times says it all. I would probably be generous and give it a 2 out of 5.