Abyss Ratings for "Owls" through "A Room With No View"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Feel free to opine on each of your choices too.

LOL, I can just about predict which votes are the ZeusFaber votes. :oneeyedwinK I think the only one that surprised me is that 2 people think the 3 out of 5 for Siren was too high . I thought that one was a little more universally loved. I gave both Owls and Roosters a "just about right" although depending on my mood I could give them each a 4 or a 5. I thought Siren was a 4 and "A Room With No View" was a 5.

Guest ZeusFaber
LOL, I can just about predict which votes are the ZeusFaber votes.

You know me so well...

I think the only one that surprised me is that 2 people think the 3 out of 5 for Siren was too high . I thought that one was a little more universally loved.

Really? I thought it was pretty much universally uncared for. Like I said with "The Pest House", it feels more like a rejected X-Files script, and the execution is rather dull. I'd give it a 2 at most.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
You know me so well...

Really? I thought it was pretty much universally uncared for. Like I said with "The Pest House", it feels more like a rejected X-Files script, and the execution is rather dull. I'd give it a 2 at most.

Hmm, I'll have to look in the archives for reviews for this one. I thought the majority of MM members here enjoyed it. I could very well be wrong. Maybe it was just Vivian Wu who got all the positive feedback. :oneeyedwinK

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hopefully the poll will show us the way.

Yep, it looks like you are correct. The only vote for "too low" on Siren was mine, and then we have two "about right", and more surprisingly, two for "too high".

• 1 month later...
Guest limebunneh

A Room With No View is WAY too low. 3 out 5?? It's a 5 or at least a 4.

I didn't care much for Sirens myself - but a 3 is about right, I think. Not fantastic, not bad. Just average! There was too much mystery about who she was, what she was, it was a little frustrating. What was revealed didn't make much sense.

As for the Owls and Roosters - both 4's.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
A Room With No View is WAY too low. 3 out 5?? It's a 5 or at least a 4.

I didn't care much for Sirens myself - but a 3 is about right, I think. Not fantastic, not bad. Just average! There was too much mystery about who she was, what she was, it was a little frustrating. What was revealed didn't make much sense.

As for the Owls and Roosters - both 4's.

I totally agree, A Room With No View is without a doubt a five in my opinion. I liked Siren more than most, and would probably give it about a 4, as I would Owls and Roosters. With Siren, I think a lot of the reason I liked it and many others didn't is that I don't mind certain things being left as a mystery or open to interpretation. This drives a lot of people nuts, and this is understandable, but I like for there to be a few episodes where things are left to ponder and puzzle over. There have been similar discussions about other episodes, such as "Beware of the Dog", and what it comes down to is whether or not you can accept certain aspects of the episodes being left unexplained. I can certainly see where you're coming from though.

• 1 month later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Anamnesis and A Room with No View were rated too lowly in my humble opinion. They were both examples of MIllennium's highest quality episodes.

Anamnesis, the research and background was second to none and I think the premise, the photography and use of music in A Room with No View was totally original and inspiring.