Abyss Ratings for "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me" through "Exegesis"

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Feel free to opine on each of your choices too.

I'm surprised that Exegesis got 4 votes for too low, but I agree, I would give it a 3, as I would the Innocents.

Guest ZeusFaber

"Exegesis" is possibly the single most underrated episode of the entire series, if you ask me. Even for people who didn't like it, I don't see how it can be regarded as so vastly different to "The Innocents". If anything, I might even prefer Part 2.

Guest Moriarty
"Exegesis" is possibly the single most underrated episode of the entire series, if you ask me. Even for people who didn't like it, I don't see how it can be regarded as so vastly different to "The Innocents". If anything, I might even prefer Part 2.

I agree with you that Exegesis is underrated. However, the elevator scene was out of place I think. Don't know why but it does not seem to fit in that episode. I have that feeling every time I see it. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Guest ZeusFaber

Are you reffering to the scene at the end with the montage of images? I thought that was rather good myself: subtle, concise, and not too over-the-top - everything that the second act of "The Time is Now" was not.

Guest Moriarty
Are you reffering to the scene at the end with the montage of images? I thought that was rather good myself: subtle, concise, and not too over-the-top - everything that the second act of "The Time is Now" was not.

No no, not that scene. It was were Frank gets the elevator door at his back as I remember right. He was never that kind of hero. And Zeus, I think that season 2 was also the weakest season but regarding the season finale: that was great for me. The apocalyptic atmosphere was just great. But I understand what you say regarding the over-the-top stuff.

No no, not that scene. It was were Frank gets the elevator door at his back as I remember right. He was never that kind of hero. And Zeus, I think that season 2 was also the weakest season but regarding the season finale: that was great for me. The apocalyptic atmosphere was just great. But I understand what you say regarding the over-the-top stuff.
MIB - SHOCKING NEWS .... I actually agree on "The Fourth Horseman" and "The Time is Now"...Morgan and Wong hit the nail on the head...(OOOHH that hurts to say that :death::cry: ), i thought those were fantastic season enders and only wished that the entire S2 could have been done with such excellence...two of the strongest epis of any season...Of course, at the time neither M nor W had any knowledge that a 3rd season would be in order, so their hands were tied a bit with having to come up with a possible last show...Catherine's death i thought was done very well, man, it gets to me everytime i see her look at Jordan for the last time...Thanks to a last minute reprieve, we got S3 and "The Sound of Snow" which filled in the gaps, ones that M&W really had no time, thru no fault of their own, to incorporate into "The Time is Now"...

4th Horseman...

Guest ZeusFaber
No no, not that scene. It was were Frank gets the elevator door at his back as I remember right. He was never that kind of hero.

I think I had better re-watch the episode to remind myself of this.

I think that season 2 was also the weakest season but regarding the season finale: that was great for me. The apocalyptic atmosphere was just great. But I understand what you say regarding the over-the-top stuff.

I don't hate "The Time is Now" by any means, and as 4th Horseman points out, it has much to be appreciated for. I certainly consider it to be a marked and much-needed improvement over the other two-parter, "Owls"/"Roosters". However, devoting an entire act to an MTV music-video was lazy and indulgent to me.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I don't hate "The Time is Now" by any means, and as 4th Horseman points out, it has much to be appreciated for. I certainly consider it to be a marked and much-needed improvement over the other two-parter, "Owls"/"Roosters". However, devoting an entire act to an MTV music-video was lazy and indulgent to me.

As Zeuses polar opposite, I just thought I would throw in my two cents and say that I thought the act with the Patty Smith music and Laura going insane was one of the great highlights of the series, and TV like I had never seen before. I don't remember if I jumped forward or not, but when I got my S2 DVDs, I couldn't wait to get to that episode. Once again, a matter of preference, and given your objection to gun play, laser targeting devises, and explosion scenes, I would have suspected that you would find this scene to be a tad indulgent. :oneeyedwinK

ZF - you mean the Patty Smith stuff 9 minute "gee, since the script is a bit short, lets think of something to fill it with" scene??? I agree, thats the only real weakness of either episode...i can understand and appreciate the intent, but it could have been seriously reduced to 2-3 minutes and the message would have still been the same...I found myself becoming increasingly annoyed as it droned on and on...

4th Horseman...