Abyss Ratings for "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me" through "Exegesis"

Guest ZeusFaber

What do you think of the Millennial Abyss' Episode Scores?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't think the Patti Smith sequence was "lazy" and "indulgent" at all. I thought it was very bold on the writers' part to put that in the episode. I doubt we'll be seeing something like that on TV again...
Sorry, but i am solidly in ZF's corner here...with commercials factored in, the average MillenniuM episode was around 40-42 minutes...simple deduction puts the 9 minute Lara vignette as being nearly 20 to 25% of the ENTIRE episode...again, i think the entire scene could have been pared down to 3-4 minutes with the same effect...but again, BTL and MIB, dont take offense...Zeus and I just have a different opinion, thats all..

4th Horseman..

"And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him." REV 6:8

fourthhorsemananimatedsigna3rr.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SouthernCelt
Hmm, this is the first I have heard to a Twin Peaks fan not also enjoying Millennium. Maybe if you make him watch a couple full episodes it will catch on. I suggest tying him to a chair and making him watch season one disc one. If he isn't converted at this point, I would cut him loose as a potential MM fan and turn your recruiting efforts elsewhere. :oneeyedwinK By the way, I agree with your thoughts on the Patty Smith segment.

I'm no longer able to make him do anything. He's 25 now, married and lives in Baton Rouge, LA. Besides not being around much anymore (at home, mine not his), he has less leisure time to watch TV and has another person to consider in his choice of programming. I've offered to loan him S1 to watch and see if he'd be interested, but he's declined saying he's too busy to commit to watch an entire season of anything.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I'm no longer able to make him do anything. He's 25 now, married and lives in Baton Rouge, LA. Besides not being around much anymore (at home, mine not his), he has less leisure time to watch TV and has another person to consider in his choice of programming. I've offered to loan him S1 to watch and see if he'd be interested, but he's declined saying he's too busy to commit to watch an entire season of anything.

Well, I would have to guess it is probably a fairly rare case that both spouses would have an interest in Millennium, but I'm sure it happens. Personally, I found myself to be the only truly loyal viewer among my family and friends when it was on TV. Given his time restraints, I can see him not wanting to get started with a 3 year series as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I "converted" a friend of mine to MM recently and he was absolutely hooked on the show while we were watching the entire series together. He loved the season 2 finale and was incredibly sad as how the third season started. On many occasions during season 3 he told me he preferred the way the show has been during the first seasons. Well, we'll see how he will react watching the show again (slower, only one or two episodes at once). But I find it funny he became a fan of season 2 himself, just like me. Call it bad influence ... :rofl:

Guest Mr Noir

Hey... don't forget about me... ;) Season 2 was my addiction first, too! But let's forget about the beginning of Season 3.......

• 3 weeks later...
Guest limebunneh

Season 2 final was perfect - even the 9 minute 'music video'. I wouldn't change a second of it. It's the best season final of any show I've seen. I loved every minute of the 'freak out', and the end had me upset and thrilled all at once. Definite 5 out of 5's.

The beginning of season 3, therefore, is the most disappointing beginning of any season of any show I've seen. What a let down after the awesomeness of the last season. I know they had a hell of a cliffhanger to wrap-up, and saying it was just a small contagion is one of the only ways out of that plot dead-end. But they could have shown it, shown people being vaccinated, shown them finding Frank. I know we got 'The Sound of Snow', but it was too little too late!

• 9 months later...
Hmm, this is the first I have heard to a Twin Peaks fan not also enjoying Millennium.

Yeah that's strange, since across the MM saga, especially S2, there were a few referrals to the Twin Peaks series.

I have to agree to " Z " this time, the full song in the closure it was a tidbit too long and annoying for my taste. I think I even fast forwarded the scene.

" Boys, boys, boys ! Lighten up, this is a homicide not a funeral ! " - Rocket McGrane

HOO-YA / SEMPER FI

signaturecko.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/romanianspecialforces/marines.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/307th_Marine_Battalion

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yeah that's strange, since across the MM saga, especially S2, there were a few referrals to the Twin Peaks series.

I have to agree to " Z " this time, the full song in the closure it was a tidbit too long and annoying for my taste. I think I even fast forwarded the scene.

Sweet Ginger Broooooown!!! Your mention of Twin Peaks prompted me to take a look on Amazon.com, and the Twin Peaks Definitive Gold Box Edition with season 1, season 2 and the pilot is finally available for pre-order, and is very nicely priced at $64.99, with free super saver shipping!! The Oct.20 release date should coincide perfectly with my next $25 amazon.com visa reward certificate. Here is a link to amazon.com for anyone who is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Definitiv...5281&sr=1-1

Sweet Ginger Broooooown!!! Your mention of Twin Peaks prompted me to take a look on Amazon.com, and the Twin Peaks Definitive Gold Box Edition with season 1, season 2 and the pilot is finally available for pre-order, and is very nicely priced at $64.99, with free super saver shipping!! The Oct.20 release date should coincide perfectly with my next $25 amazon.com visa reward certificate. Here is a link to amazon.com for anyone who is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Definitiv...5281&sr=1-1

Well, I have to admit I have downloaded Twin Peaks, as I did with Harsh Realm. At the time they weren't on sale. At least not here in Italy Not the best quality video for Twin Peaks, but I reckon there is worse stuff around

" Boys, boys, boys ! Lighten up, this is a homicide not a funeral ! " - Rocket McGrane

HOO-YA / SEMPER FI

signaturecko.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/romanianspecialforces/marines.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/307th_Marine_Battalion

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Well, I have to admit I have downloaded Twin Peaks, as I did with Harsh Realm. At the time they weren't on sale. At least not here in Italy Not the best quality video for Twin Peaks, but I reckon there is worse stuff around

Yeah, Twin Peaks took so long to come to DVD that I can see where someone would take what they could get as far as quality, just to have the show to watch. Now that I think about it, I will have my $25 gift certificate, and I will then be able to sell my season 2 dvds. This should make it almost free for me to get the whole shabang. :fool: