Linday Crouse

Rate this topic

Libby

• Elders (Moderators)

I've borrowed an audiobook of Stephen King's "Misery" and at the very beginning the reader gave her name. Because I've always mentally spoken her last name to rhyme with "cruise" I didn't immediately recognise the name (she pronounced it to rhyme with "cows") but as I listened it slowly dawned on me that I recognised the voice. Then I did some research. imdb doesn't list this or any audiobook, so I looked on amazon. The "audio review" of the audiobook lists a couple of films that Lindsay Crouse appeared in and they appear on her imdb listing along with Millennium, so it is our Ardis.

Clicking on the amazon link brings up a number of other audiobooks that Lindsay Crouse has done – including books by Anne Rice and Patricia Cornwell.

I'm very impressed by this – few people can do audiobooks well because they are inside a soundproof booth with no audience except the person monitoring the recording. She does have stage experience which I gather helps a lot because of the necessity to maintain the "voice" for much longer periods of time than when doing movies. So far, her reading of "Misery" is very good – there's the need to put on a creepy voice at times whilst not over dramatising the rest.

She is certainly very talented and it's a pity that she wasn't in more episodes of Millennium, but looking at her imdb listing, she's always been very busy so perhaps she wasn't available if/when the producers had wanted to bring her back.