James Wong

Rate this topic

Libby

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

www.variety.com/article/VR1117950656?categoryid=1238&cs=1

James Wong is rewriting and directing this horror movie set in World War II. There's no mention of Glen Morgan being involved and I haven't heard what he is doing at the moment.

Hmmm, interesting, Wong without Morgan? I've never heard of such a thing. I always wondered why these two are always a writing tag team, but it will be interesting to see how he does. Also, I didn't really realize that he did any directing. I don't think I have seen the original, but the new one sounds interesting.

Guest SouthernCelt

www.variety.com/article/VR1117950656?categoryid=1238&cs=1

James Wong is rewriting and directing this horror movie set in World War II. There's no mention of Glen Morgan being involved and I haven't heard what he is doing at the moment.

I can't get this link to work. I've tried it at two different log ins and different computers and get a "not found" every time.

What's the movie name? Is this a remake of an older movie or just a rewrite of a previously unmade script?

• Elders (Moderators)

The URL somehow got a hidden space in it, which is why it didn't work. Try this one:

https://20www.variety.com/article/VR1117950...d=1238&cs=1

It's just a short piece, which I've cut'n'pasted:

James Wong has been set to rewrite and direct "The Watch," a horror film set during WWII. Matt LeBlanc and John Goldstone are producing through their Fort Hill Prods. shingle.

It's the second go-around on the film for New Line, which bought the project in 2001 as a script by John Claflin and Daniel Zelman, with Verna Harrah's Middle Fork shingle producing. Studio eventually put it into turnaround.

Project got moving again with the involvement of LeBlanc and Goldstone; the latter developed the film with Harrah before forming a producing partnership with the ex-"Friends" star. They continued to develop "The Watch" and got New Line to reacquire it when they landed Wong, who directed "Final Destination" and "Final Destination 3" for the studio.

Film is on a fast track. Story focuses on a team of soldiers sent on a mission that can help end World War II and battle a supernatural force.

Harrah will be exec producer. Wong just produced a remake of "Black Christmas."