MilleniuM For The Dogs?

I find it intresting how much Dogs were used in the MM series as both good and bad. First of all in the first season we had Benny which was a house pet. In Wide Open a Dog turns out to be a hero but in Beware of the Dog they where the enemy. In a Room with a View and Antipas Lucy used Dogs to hunt down people. In Gehenna someone hallucinates that the cult members where Dogs. Anyone here thinks that Chris Carter of the writers where using the dogs as a hidden meaning?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Beware of the Dog, they weren't the enemy. They were simply symbolic of the imbalence going on. They stepped aside when the balence was restored.

There were a lot of times dogs were used in The X Files, and Harsh Realm as well. It was obvious they liked working with dogs... or at least liked the pull that having them in the story gave to them, drawing people into the story more.

(Edit)

BTW, Benny.... who was a Border Collie, would be the WORST kind of dog to have as a "house pet". They are wonderful, VERY active dogs, who need to be out WORKING somewhere. No one would ever have a dog like that in a fine house and a city...

At least not and still have any furniture to show for it....LOL They might as well have had a Russian Wolfhound sleeping on the sofa. (arguably, the largest dog breed there is)

Guest ein042
BTW, Benny.... who was a Border Collie, would be the WORST kind of dog to have as a "house pet". They are wonderful, VERY active dogs, who need to be out WORKING somewhere. No one would ever have a dog like that in a fine house and a city...

At least not and still have any furniture to show for it....LOL They might as well have had a Russian Wolfhound sleeping on the sofa. (arguably, the largest dog breed there is)

Lance never did know how to pick a gift, lol. Poor Catherine.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Lance never did know how to pick a gift, lol. Poor Catherine.

I had a feeling we might hear from Ein in this thread. Yes, I remember all too well in Midnight of the Century, Franks really does need someone to go shopping with him. :oneeyedwinK

Guest ein042
I had a feeling we might hear from Ein in this thread. Yes, I remember all too well in Midnight of the Century, Franks really does need someone to go shopping with him. :oneeyedwinK

Yes Franks does! Lol! I'm quite sure Lance does just fine :doh:

Guest SouthernCelt

Using dogs to represent incarnations, whether perceived or real, of evil has been around a while. Remember in the "Omen", Damien was actually the son of Satan and a jackal, which is similar to a domestic dog. And the graveyard where Damien's mother (the jackal) was buried was protected by a pack of mastiffs which have a sufficiently fierce visage to appear evil even when they're just normal dogs. Carter's use of dogs may have just been a way of paying homage to others who incorporated them into the occult mytharc of other movies and TV shows.

Guest ein042

I know this is off topic but I always wondered in the movie Se7en, Detective Mills had those two HUGE dogs in his apt, yet they weren't able to protect his wife in the end.

Also in the movie Hannibal - Lector was able to exercise control over Krendlers' guard dog with just a look, after he broke into Krendlers house.

Not making a leap - these are just odd impressions that stuck with me.