Dexter (Official pinned discussion topic)

HighPlainsDrifter

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Theres a new series on Showtime called Dexter. I myself dont have Showtime but i got to see a small snipet and it looks good. Heres its homepage

Dexter

i am gonna have to have a friend of mine to Tivo this series for me. This series looks very good!

Yes, I was just noticing this show the other day. It does indeed look good, and obviously Michael C. Hall from Six Feet Under plays a big role in the show. Like Six Feet Under, however, Dexter is on a cable channel that is not free, and I'm not going to pay the $20 a month to watch one show. I guess this means I will be enjoying the show in a few years when it comes out on DVD.

Guest Frank L.

Yep, same problem here. When I heard this series was coming and saw the first picture of Michael C. Hall, I thought he looked a lot like Peter Krause, who played Nate on SFU.

post-892-1159862605_thumb.jpg

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Yep, same problem here. When I heard this series was coming and saw the first picture of Michael C. Hall, I thought he looked a lot like Peter Krause, who played Nate on SFU.

Yes, there is a similarity, especially with the sideburns and hair the way he has them in that picture. Speaking of Peter Krause, I wonder if he has found a new gig yet after Six Feet Under. No offense to anyone here or any personal sexual preferences, but Michael C. Hall, from what I have seen, it straight in real life, so I'm sure he is savoring the fact that he doesn't have to kiss a man on a daily basis on the new show. I do think that they do an amazing job acting in Six Feet Under. Their relationship just seems so natural.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
He has. He's starring in a sci-fi television series called 'The Lost Room' and it will start in December on SCI-FI.

https://www.scifi.com/lostroom/

It looks promising...

Oh, OK, I didn't think it would take him long to find something. I don't want to set off a chorus of boos, but I probably wont watch his new series. I am not a big fan of television sci-fi series.

Guest Frank L.
Oh, OK, I didn't think it would take him long to find something. I don't want to set off a chorus of boos, but I probably wont watch his new series. I am not a big fan of television sci-fi series.

I am a fan of (good) sci-fi television series, but there haven't been any lately. Plus, I won't be able to watch The Lost Room anyway, because I can't get Sci-Fi.

------

GOOD news for all the people located in the US: you can watch the entire pilot of Dexter online, for free! The link won't work if you're outside the US, like me :down:

https://www.sho.com/site/dexter/sneakpeek/home.do

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I am a fan of (good) sci-fi television series, but there haven't been any lately. Plus, I won't be able to watch The Lost Room anyway, because I can't get Sci-Fi.

------

GOOD news for all the people located in the US: you can watch the entire pilot of Dexter online, for free! The link won't work if you're outside the US, like me :down:

https://www.sho.com/site/dexter/sneakpeek/home.do

Hey, thanks for the link. I might check that out. Sorry to hear you can't get sci-fi or access the link... In my case, I'm not saying I don't like the sci-fi genre, because I like classics like Alien, the Thing, Outland, and many others, but as I have mentioned many times before, it's just those silly sci-fi series that I don't care for. In fact, if you exclude the first Battlestar and Star Trek, both of which I liked as a kid, I have never liked or watched a sci-fi series. Oops, I forgot Buck Rogers in the 21st Century, but that was also when I was a kid. Come to think of it, good sci-fi movies have also been few and far between in the last 10 years or so. I'm sure someone will come along and mention a few that have been good, but nothing comes to mind.

Guest betweenthelines

Thanks for the link! I hope they'll be doing this with subsequent episodes, because I don't get Showtime and am not really looking forward to waiting for the DVD releases.

Edited to add: You can watch the pilot only if you enter in a password. How one gets this password is a mystery to me...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines