Dr Ephraim Fabricant - Member of Legion?

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

When it comes to the origin of Wassenaar's name, all I could find was the fact that it's a name of a town in the western Netherlands. Frank L., could you tell us something about this? :wink:

Crocell: IMO, he's a manifestation of Legion, based on what he says to Frank, plus the likely origin of his name. Here's an earlier thread on this (many interesting points concerning other characters, too, btw):

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/i...ost&p=30906

Copied following from the post by nothing i do is magic:

"(…) The Forty-ninth Spirit is Crocell, or Crokel. He appeareth in the Form of an Angel. He is a Duke Great and Strong, speaking something Mystically of Hidden Things. He teacheth the Art of Geometry and the Liberal Sciences. He, at the Command of the Exorcist, will produce Great Noises like the Rushings of many Waters, although there be none. He warmeth Waters, and discovereth Baths. He was of the Order of Potestates, or Powers, before his fall, as he declared unto the King Solomon. He governeth 48 Legions of Spirits. His Seal is this, the which wear thou as aforesaid." https://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/lks/lks05.htm

"Crocell is the Forty-ninth Spirit listed in the Goetia, who governs 48 Legions. He appears as an angel & knows of mystical & hidden things. He teaches geometry & liberal sciences, & can produce noises like rushing waters. He is known for warming waters & discovering baths." - https://www.deeptrancenow.com/solomonspirits.htm

(…)

"Goetia (Latin, "howling") is a word used to describe a class of magick which emphasizes the summoning or calling forth of lesser spirits and demons to visible appearance, with the intention of binding the spirits to perform the magician's will." https://heru-ra-ha.tripod.com/topics/goetia.html "

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I would agrue,

...but honorably...amongst friends

Fabricant was just that...fabracated...like you said...a tool...but not of "his" will...but of 'it's' will...

a demon let loose upon the soil...he was a manifestion of "it's" nurture...and more!

the dark one seeks 'meat' (reference...please, 2nd series I think...) and Fabricant provided that 'debochery' for the evil one...to feed it's appetite...it makes me cringe!

Lucy and Legion are two...one is cunning one is cruel...but like Dickens wrote...

...these are the children of men...one is ignorance and the other is want...beware both...but beware most this boy!!!....

for the fate of mankind stands in our children...look to the future and look to the light!

Is est quisnam nos es

Squire

Hi Old Man. Don't think so. He was just a tool for Legion (in the form of Lucy) to get to Frank. So I guess he knows that there is pure evil (devil's liege, sleep of reason etc...) but he was not a manifestation of it.

• 1 month later...

I believe Dr. Fabricant was a tool. Psychotic (or sociopathic) as he was, he wasn't a manifestation. He was a tool, and, perhaps Dr. Fabricant thought of himself as truly evil. He did admit that he was conscious of doing evil. I will have to go back to that episode to listen in on the dialogue between he and Frank. I get a strong sense that Dr. Fabricant got joy (maybe even relief) from his exploits. But whilst upon his death bed in the hospital, he warned Frank Black that he wasn't the evil that Frank assumed him to be - not compared to Lucy. In his words, he seemed to intimate that he understood that THIS evil was after Frank Black, the same evil that made him terrified when nothing else could terrorize him. Maybe he even intimated that THIS evil had been after him all along, too.

I believe Dr. Fabricant was a tool. Psychotic (or sociopathic) as he was, he wasn't a manifestation. He was a tool, and, perhaps Dr. Fabricant thought of himself as truly evil. He did admit that he was conscious of doing evil. I will have to go back to that episode to listen in on the dialogue between he and Frank. I get a strong sense that Dr. Fabricant got joy (maybe even relief) from his exploits. But whilst upon his death bed in the hospital, he warned Frank Black that he wasn't the evil that Frank assumed him to be - not compared to Lucy. In his words, he seemed to intimate that he understood that THIS evil was after Frank Black, the same evil that made him terrified when nothing else could terrorize him. Maybe he even intimated that THIS evil had been after him all along, too.
very eloquent and articulate my friend. That particular scene between Frank and Fabricant is one of the most chilling of the entire series. The soul that was Dr. Fabricant, now lying there used up, of no futher good to evil, you make an interesting statement of (maybe even relief), as now the focus is on Frank...

4th Horseman

Guest naossano

You forgot to mention the four mates in the restaurant, in the end of season two. I don't think they're human.

There is also the woman who build the tapes in the sound of snow. She maybe an evil manifestation. There are a lot. On contrary, manifestations of good are pretty rare.

• 9 months later...

Just my 2 cents... Fabricant is not part of Legion. I think Fabricant was supposed to represent the most heinous evil to be committed by the heart of man. This was in contrast to the "pure evil" of Lucy Butler which is clearly deeper and more supernatural than the worst evil man can exact. I believe that's pretty clear from the way CC wrote the episode. Take a sociopath and contrast his evil with true "absolute" evil.

I thought it was and still is a very insightful investigation into the nature of evil.

Guest Jim McLean
Just my 2 cents... Fabricant is not part of Legion. I think Fabricant was supposed to represent the most heinous evil to be committed by the heart of man. This was in contrast to the "pure evil" of Lucy Butler which is clearly deeper and more supernatural than the worst evil man can exact. I believe that's pretty clear from the way CC wrote the episode. Take a sociopath and contrast his evil with true "absolute" evil.

I thought it was and still is a very insightful investigation into the nature of evil.

I agree. It was very much the answer to Frank's Gehenna question. While his work is invested in social evils; people made into monsters, he questions in Gehenna whether there are larger forces at work. Fabricant represents the monster born from society - the pinnacle of the horrors Frank has had to put away, nurtured by human dysfunction into a killer and Lucy is an evil above that, a pure, unsympathetic evil, where there is no earthly grounding for her actions, she is simply Evil. Such Evil willfully uses Fabricant - the zenith of Human nastiness - as a simple pawn. It really shows the scale of monster in the Millennium mythology, where the human evil monster becomes the victim of a greater, purer evil power.

Guest Laurent.

I'd give my opinion, but I think that BillQS and Laredo said it better than I could. Furthermore, it gives more weight to the episode when you see it that way; and especially to Fabricant's last dialogue with Frank (where the most evil of man tries to help his enemy, because he knows they must both be scared of the real and true evil which can be stopped by one man alone).