Dr Ephraim Fabricant - Member of Legion?

Rate this topic

I do not think so. It was implied that he was the antichrist which is not the same as Legion. There was one more character I think who is linked to Legion: the father of the guy who abducts Franks's brothers wife in Sacrament. There is a shot at the end where you see him standing on the stairs. That's exactly the same shot as in Lamentation where Catherine sees the long haired man on the stairs.
Hey M...good points...the entire episode of Maranatha was based on the biblical anti-christ, all of Peter and Frank's banter back and forth about surviving the fatal head wound, the uniting of the 10 nations of Europe, etc...and also, if you look closely, when the helicopter takes off at the end, it has 666 on the bottom.....

4th Horseman..

Guest Moriarty
Hey M...good points...the entire episode of Maranatha was based on the biblical anti-christ, all of Peter and Frank's banter back and forth about surviving the fatal head wound, the uniting of the 10 nations of Europe, etc...and also, if you look closely, when the helicopter takes off at the end, it has 666 on the bottom.....

4th Horseman..

Yes, I noticed the 666 thing. I thought that that was just a little overdone. I mean, thay made their point that he was the antichrist. There was no need to give us another hint. For me it was just not subtle enough. But still a great episode in my opinion. It is a shame that the character of Yaponchik did not come back later in the series. There was so much potential with it.

• Elders (Moderators)
I do not think so. It was implied that he was the antichrist which is not the same as Legion.

You're right, Moriarty, I just didn't remember all those references to antichrist because it's been a while since I've last watched the episode. Yaponchik is a very powerful character, and it would've been interesting to see him again on later episodes.

Guest Moriarty
You're right, Moriarty, I just didn't remember all those references to antichrist because it's been a while since I've last watched the episode. Yaponchik is a very powerful character, and it would've been interesting to see him again on later episodes.

You are right DBSD. Yaponchik should have returned in season 2 or 3. Just as Avatar from The Mikado. The only enemy of Frank who is in the three seasons is Lucy. Rightfully so but I feel that the mythology could have been so much "richer" if they brought Yaponchik and Avatar back. Then again, Lamentation was far better than ARWNV and Antipas. Who knows, maybe there were scripts with Yaponchik or Avatar in them but they were rejected. It is a possibility I guess.

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I opened a can of worms!

I wouldn't consider Yaponchik as Legion either. He's something else entirely, well we know he is because he's the anti-christ.

What I'm attempting to do is tag certain characters from Millennium as being associated with Legion. Originally and possibly without giving it the necessary thought, I was tagging characters as being Legion manifestions but I never considered that there were manifestions like Lucy Butler and Mabius as well as tools associated with Legion. One could argue that anyone who is a killer is working for the devil, but not in Millennium. There is a difference in Millennium's killers between those such as Richard Alan Hance and The Judge possibly down to the episode simply linking them to Legion either through the dialogue or by imagery alone (Lucas Sanderson) and then you have the guys who go about killing in the world (like say Steven Kiley), probably with the raised smile of the Legion, intent on letting them go about their evil deeds!

Clearly I made a mistake by simply listing/tagging people as members of Legion (for the new episode guide). Perhaps I should list them seperately as manifestations (right word?) and instruments (sounds better than tools!). I'd be grateful for some help in idenitifying them in the correct categories and with the aim of not missing anyone.

Alistair Pepper

Danielle Barbakow (Monster)

Del Boxer

Long-Haired Man

Lucas Sanderson (Saturn Dreaming of Mercury)

Lucy Butler

Mabius

Martin (PPT&D)

Mr Crocell (TCOFB)

Richard Clement (Gehenna)

Tamara Shui Fa Lee (Siren)

The Judge

Its all good.

Guest SouthernCelt
LOL, Celt, are you suggesting that congressman James Traficant is somehow caught up in all this, or did you mean to say Fabricant. :oneeyedwinK

OK, you got me. Considering the congressman's history, he just could be involved but since there were no "little green men" manifesting themselves, I'd have to say it was just a slip of my mind and not a Freudian one. It's just that Fabricant and Traficant are similar to each other but are otherwise such unusual names, at least to me.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
OK, you got me. Considering the congressman's history, he just could be involved but since there were no "little green men" manifesting themselves, I'd have to say it was just a slip of my mind and not a Freudian one. It's just that Fabricant and Traficant are similar to each other but are otherwise such unusual names, at least to me.

LOL, I only mentioned it because I knew you were a good sport. :oneeyedwinK Yes, very unusual names and very similar characters. :oneeyedwinK

Yes, I noticed the 666 thing. I thought that that was just a little overdone. I mean, thay made their point that he was the antichrist. There was no need to give us another hint. For me it was just not subtle enough. But still a great episode in my opinion. It is a shame that the character of Yaponchik did not come back later in the series. There was so much potential with it.
Moriarty...i would normally agree with you, however, the hints (surviving the head wound, uniting the 10 nations of Europe, the rebuilding of the temple, etc) are the LESSER known indicators in regards to the anti-christ. EVERYONE, no matter how much they have read or studied the Bible KNOW the reference of 666...so i dont think it was too overdone, in fact the 666 was a nice touch at the end, at least i thought..

4th Horseman..

• Elders (Moderators)
Perhaps I should list them seperately as manifestations (right word?) and instruments (sounds better than tools!). I'd be grateful for some help in idenitifying them in the correct categories and with the aim of not missing anyone.

Alistair Pepper

Danielle Barbakow (Monster)

Del Boxer

Long-Haired Man

Lucas Sanderson (Saturn Dreaming of Mercury)

Lucy Butler

Mabius

Martin (PPT&D)

Mr Crocell (TCOFB)

Richard Clement (Gehenna)

Tamara Shui Fa Lee (Siren)

The Judge

Its all good.

What do you all think of Selwyn Wassenaar, Lucy's attorney in Antipas? Was he a manifestation or an instrument of Legion? Or just an unpleasant person?