Dr Ephraim Fabricant - Member of Legion?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt
What do you all think of Selwyn Wassenaar, Lucy's attorney in Antipas? Was he a manifestation or an instrument of Legion? Or just an unpleasant person?

I'd say instrument not manifestation. But before we decide finally maybe someone with a lot of time can analyze that name, it sounds very Druidic/Medieval.

I'd say instrument not manifestation. But before we decide finally maybe someone with a lot of time can analyze that name, it sounds very Druidic/Medieval.
SC - i tend to agree with you on this one, but as i asked before, i think Polaroid Man should be added to the list of manifestations, any thoughts?

4th

Guest Moriarty
Moriarty...i would normally agree with you, however, the hints (surviving the head wound, uniting the 10 nations of Europe, the rebuilding of the temple, etc) are the LESSER known indicators in regards to the anti-christ. EVERYONE, no matter how much they have read or studied the Bible KNOW the reference of 666...so i dont think it was too overdone, in fact the 666 was a nice touch at the end, at least i thought..

4th Horseman..

4th - I agree with you that the hints before the 666 thing on the helicopter were indeed lesser known indicators. But MM was a series that did not need obvious hints to make a point clear. It was way to intelligent for that. So, from that point of view I tend to think that the 666 at the bottom of the helicopter was just... to easy. I mean, here we have a show that respects the intelligence of it's public and then, after an entirely episode of setting up the fact that Yaponchik is indeed the antichrist, they are giving us the "final" proof by putting 666 at the bottom of his helicopter? No, that did not work for me. It was already made clear that Yaponchik was the real thing. So I guess we disagree on this :rofl:

SC - i tend to agree with you on this one, but as i asked before, i think Polaroid Man should be added to the list of manifestations, any thoughts?

4th

SC - from what i have been able to find quickly...

Selwyn:

Usage: english

Means "friend of the manor" from Old English sele "manor" and wine "friend"

Wassenaar was not found...i also did an anagram search for both names, but turned up nothing that would be relevant...but i am sure that name came from somewhere..

4th Horseman..

Guest Moriarty

4th

Again we disagree here 4th. The Polaroid Stalker is certainly not a manifestation or an instrument of Legion. He is just a man of flesh and blood who knows the group and what they are capable of. Come to think about it... I believe that Carter intended him to be a manifestation of Legion, primarly the way he is depicted in Paper Dove. But with M&W taking over in season 2 he most definetly is not associated with Legion. Fact is also that M&W sort of completely ignored the Legion arc established in season 1 to concentrate on the group's mythology. They made that point very clear by killing of Polaroid Stalker in the very 1st episode of season 2. It was their way of saying to us: "There you go, Legion is not the thing that we are going to concentrate on this season". For me, the 1st episode where Legion makes his appearance in season 2 is Siren. And that is already late in the season. And no, Mr. Crocell is not a manifestation of Legion for me (another discussion). Legion just appears in 2 episodes of that season: Siren and ARWNV. If you examine season 1 and especially the Legion arc we have Gehenna, the judge, Sacrament, Lamentation, PPTAD to end up with Paper Dove, all episodes that deal with a manifestation of Legion. For me it is a pitty that season 2 ignored this arc. Although it is still the most intelligent tv that I ever saw up until now. Just MHO.

I believe that Carter intended him to be a manifestation of Legion, primarly the way he is depicted in Paper Dove. This was my origional thought, but i neglected to consider the more human element in TBATE..

But with M&W taking over in season 2 he most definetly is not associated with Legion. Fact is also that M&W sort of completely ignored the Legion arc established in season 1 to concentrate on the group's mythology. Yeah, another hose job on what was origionally a great idea...

4th Horseman..

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks guys. My thoughts are that the Polaroid Stalker had issues with the Group like Moriarty mentioned but wasn't connected with Legion. Crocell however, was repeating the invitation and warning that Al Pepper extended to Frank which would seem to link him to Legion - although I'm not saying he was a manifestation like Lucy Butler - he was a ghost/spirit wasn't he?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
What do you all think of Selwyn Wassenaar, Lucy's attorney in Antipas? Was he a manifestation or an instrument of Legion? Or just an unpleasant person?

I always thought of him as an instrument of Lucy's as opposed to a manifestation of Legion.... oh, and a very unpleasant person as well.

Guest SouthernCelt

4th

I suppose PM could have been a manifestation but since he apparently did succumb to Frank's attack and had a connection to the Group, I think of him more as an instrument to bedevil Frank and wear down his resistance to the real evil forces that were at play. If you remember, it became evident later that Frank's loss of control with PM was sought by Legion because it played into Legion's overall plan.