Music in Fourth Horseman

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

I was watching 'The Fourth Horseman' last night and noticed something funny about the music: when Frank's walking in the woods looking for Lara and he get attacked, the same music that would later be used in the opening credits for the X/F movie is playing in the background. I wonder if that's the only time Mark Snow re-used bits and pieces of his music...

Guest ein042

I used to have a clip called “Hope and Pain” that was used in a couple of the third season episodes. I can’t remember where I got it, it was on my old computer which died.

I’d have to watch the episodes again to find where it is exactly but it’s one of my favorite pieces of Marks music.

I was delighted to find he used it in “The Others” episode 11 12, another Morgan & Wong creation, so I suppose Mark does reuse bits.

He’s doing music for Ghost Whisperer now too, btw.

Guest SouthernCelt
He's doing music for Ghost Whisperer now too, btw.

Thanks for that bit of news. I've gotten a bit hooked on that show. Although I've tried to avoid having too many "must sees" because of the time they take from other things, I always seem to find time for GW. I've been meaning to try to catch the music credits for the show because I thought some of it sounded a bit familiar (not that I've necessarily heard the specific pieces before but that the styling and instrumentation sound a bit familiar) and I wondered if Snow was involved. Usually the credits are rolled very fast in one of those windows used so they can put in ads for other shows in the larger part of the screen and so I've had trouble catching the music credits.

Guest ein042
Thanks for that bit of news. I've gotten a bit hooked on that show. Although I've tried to avoid having too many "must sees" because of the time they take from other things, I always seem to find time for GW. I've been meaning to try to catch the music credits for the show because I thought some of it sounded a bit familiar (not that I've necessarily heard the specific pieces before but that the styling and instrumentation sound a bit familiar) and I wondered if Snow was involved. Usually the credits are rolled very fast in one of those windows used so they can put in ads for other shows in the larger part of the screen and so I've had trouble catching the music credits.

I tape it to watch on Saturday mornings when I get off. I love the graphics in the opening sequence. Yeah I’m addicted too, probably because there are some really scary moments.

Ever drive on a dark deserted road and think you’ve hit something but can’t really see what?

I have. This was last weeks episode an I don’t wanna give anything away but Yikes!

Yeah I was surprised to see Mark Snow in there. Also Michael Landes from Final Destination 2 guest-ed last week.

Guest Frank L.

I was watching the fifth season of The X-Files a while back and as most of you know, the movie came after this season. In the final episodes I could hear bits and pieces of the movie-music. I think they were trying some stuff in the episodes... Or maybe Mark Snow threw in pieces that didn't make the movie or stuff he thought wasn't good enough.

Guest betweenthelines

The episode 'SR 819' had some music from FTF. The piano music that's playing in the background when Scully's sleeping (this is before a drunken Mulder asks her to do an autopsy) was used in that episode. Oddly enough I think 'SR 819' resulted in Snow getting an Emmy nom for Best Musical Compositions...

Guest SouthernCelt
I tape it to watch on Saturday mornings when I get off. I love the graphics in the opening sequence. Yeah I'm addicted too, probably because there are some really scary moments.

Ever drive on a dark deserted road and think you've hit something but can't really see what?

I have. This was last weeks episode an I don't wanna give anything away but Yikes!

Yeah I was surprised to see Mark Snow in there. Also Michael Landes from Final Destination 2 guest-ed last week.

I always thought the FX of her reaching up and tearing her image in half was interesting.

I was intrigued to by what will apparently be the recurring character of Death or an agent of Satan that they introduced in last season's finale. I guess they decided that to have everyone 'go into the light' without there being the possibility of going elsewhere was perhaps driving away some potential religious viewers that expected more of a Heaven and Hell scenario. Of course the implication that they've created so far is that if you don't go into the light, to the place of eternal love as it's described, you're doomed to remain here. So I guess in their view Hell is on earth.

Sorry to steal this topic away from Snow's music, but I thought I'd throw that in.

I always thought the FX of her reaching up and tearing her image in half was interesting.

Blends creepy & romantic, lol!

Puts me in mind of Carniv'ale a bit but with a timeless quality that kind of links to her character having an Antique store.

And along with Marks music behind it all it's not too OT.