The Crow: Salvation

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

Guest betweenthelines

I was rewatching the Crow movies this week and would like to see Salvation. Chip Johanneson ('Luminary', 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury') wrote the script and the actor who played Samiel in 'Borrowed Time' has the lead role. Anyway...

I'm thinking of purchasing this movie since none of the video stores near me seem to have a copy. Would I be wasting my money or is it worth a look? For what it's worth, I liked City of Angels so I'm not exactly a Crow purist.

Wow! I had no idea there were that many connections between The Crow and Millennium!

City of Angles was ok....but sorry, I guess I'm too much of a "purist".

Knowing this almost makes me want to see this Crow movie, though...

Guest betweenthelines

I like the look of COA. It's a very pretty movie. I agree it could have been better, but we can blame that on interference from Miramax (who wanted the sequel to be a carbon copy of Part 1).

• 2 weeks later...
I was rewatching the Crow movies this week and would like to see Salvation. Chip Johanneson ('Luminary', 'Saturn Dreaming of Mercury') wrote the script and the actor who played Samiel in 'Borrowed Time' has the lead role. Anyway...

I'm thinking of purchasing this movie since none of the video stores near me seem to have a copy. Would I be wasting my money or is it worth a look? For what it's worth, I liked City of Angels so I'm not exactly a Crow purist.

I love The Crow movies and the comic also, and Salvation is the worst of all the crow movies, just production wise it was not good at all, and the characters I really didnt care for at all. Just to see for the MM connection isnt even worth it, a bad film in my opinion.

Hi, Nadeen! :hiya:

I haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back!

Ya, its been awhile I had a Contemporary Morals paper that consumed my time. I know I will never read Edmund Burke after this class :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Guest betweenthelines

Well I wanted to see it because I liked the other two films, not due to the MM connections. I probably should have reconsidered buying this, because I didn't really enjoy it. I liked the "Crow-Vision" scenes, the soundtrack, and Mabius's performance. Otherwise the movie's total crap. The one that came afterward wasn't any better, sad to say. I can't say I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, because others may really like it. Personally I wasn't impressed.

Well I wanted to see it because I liked the other two films, not due to the MM connections. I probably should have reconsidered buying this, because I didn't really enjoy it. I liked the "Crow-Vision" scenes, the soundtrack, and Mabius's performance. Otherwise the movie's total crap. The one that came afterward wasn't any better, sad to say. I can't say I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, because others may really like it. Personally I wasn't impressed.

Yea after City of Angels, The Crow movies have just gotten bad :cry: , I wonder if they can salvage the franchise. The Crow films definately need to be taken more seriously than the crappy movies they have been putting out under the name.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest betweenthelines

Sorry, didn't see your reply until now!

I think the series needs to be put to rest for a while. Until (and "unless", I suppose) someone can come up with an interesting idea for the franchise, I think I can live without anymore Crow movies. I wouldn't have minded a story set in the past, but that's just my opinion.