Peter Watts - The Original Ladies Man

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
I've been a Peter advocate and am glad to hear he is a liked character.  I appreciate his stoic disposition and suppressed ability to kick some arse.

I really do have a hard time wondering how he managed to be an actor.  Some men you can envision them studying theatre at some NY actor's college, but for me, not golden-gloves Terry O'.

I can't picture Lance Henriksen studying acting either, but he did.  You wouldn't think that some people would need it, but then, that's just their excellent training shining through.  I'm saying this as someone who's kind of got a little bit of a handle on this art form and will hopefully soon be demonstrating that "I haven't studied, I'm just that good" false front.  I'm going to tell the director of Richard III to ride me on that thing, because (to quote the play) "he knows me well and loves me well", and I know that if she keeps on my back if I'm not doing as good a job as she thinks I can do, then maybe I'll show something that's nearing to anything Lance and Terry do.  Plus, I just want the play to be wonderful b\c I love it and love my role.  But anyway...

Oh, and I just remembered -- "It's Terrance".  He goes by Terrance now... probably because "Terry's for wusses".

I just had to rise to Peter's defense.  He was a cool character on the show.  Personally, I was attracted the most to Lara means, but Watts was my second favorite character of Millennium behind Frank Black (even though Lara gives Watts a run for his money).    I was watching an episode of Jake 2.0 last night that guest starred stevn Williams (X from The X-Files) and oddly enough there was dead soldier mentioned in that episode that had the name of Aubrey.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Can't say I have seen Terry O'Quinn in any other tv product than in Millennium & The X-Files. But his performance in Millennium was great! I just can't get enough of the dialog between him & Lance in The Fourth Horseman - It's so brilliant. Same goes to his performance in The Time Is Now where he brilliantly plays Peter Watts - betrayed by the group and the scene where he describes the Marburg virus to Frank is one of the best scenes in the entire show.

But what Carter did to him in that ridiculous 'Trust No 1' episode was unforgivable.

From "Dreamland"

"Not...Terry."

"Chris?"  (Mulder)

"No.  Terrance.  Terry's for wusses."

(Mulder, mutters to himself... "And Terrance isn't?" :rofl:

I thought it was soooo funny when Chris Carter threw that in.  And, did you notice that, when Terry O'Quin came back in Trust No 1, that he suddenly was Terrance Quin?  That was too funny!  How could that have been a coincedence? :thinking_big:

Oh, and he was also in Star Trek-The Next Generation

"Pegasus" as a captan, and he was Terry O'Quen then too!

Live Long and Prosper....

~Raven Wolf :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
I just had to rise to Peter's defense.  He was a cool character on the show.  Personally, I was attracted the most to Lara means, but Watts was my second favorite character of Millennium behind Frank Black (even though Lara gives Watts a run for his money).

LOL that'd be pretty weird if you were attracted to both Lara and Peter.  What side o' the fence d'YOU be swingin' on?

LOL that'd be pretty weird if you were attracted to both Lara and Peter.  What side o' the fence d'YOU be swingin' on?

I'm attracted to Lara Means while I just admire Peter Watts (because he's such a cool guy) and anyway I rather be stranded on a deserted island with Lara Means anyday.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
I rather be stranded on a deserted island with Lara Means anyday.

Well, me too.  But maybe not post-breakdown... she'd probably try to take my head right off, judging from her other actions.

Well, me too.  But maybe not post-breakdown... she'd probably try to take my head right off, judging from her other actions.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :yes_big:

Yep, I also probably worry when she gets cranky without her cigarette fix.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who doesn't smoke and likes tall, attractive, intelligent women who are brunette or redhead- wait a minute.  Shouldn't I posting this in another thread.  Oh well.    Don't be dark).

:rofl:  :rofl:  :yes_big:

Yep, I also probably worry when she gets cranky without her cigarette fix.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who doesn't smoke and likes tall, attractive, intelligent women who are brunette or redhead- wait a minute.  Shouldn't I posting this in another thread.  Oh well.    Don't be dark).

As long as you're not that Necro-psycho-man.... :eyes:

~Raven Wolf

(who wonders what David has against blondes...haahaa just kidding! :wink_big:  :makingeyes_big: )