10-13, Orison & The Pest House....(my mini-marathon)

Rate this topic

I've been spending the evening watching old X Files and Millennium. I "randomly" picked 1st season 7 X Files "Orison", and then season 2 Millennium "The Pest House". It struck me as I watched them, though, the similar "theme" to the stories. I didn't plan that. I just grabbed 2 really scary ones. Anyone else who's seen both ever noticed the same sort of theme going? Each episode had someone who was criminaly insane... Not your run of the mill bad check writer. AND, each episode had someone in a position to "help" them, by somehow "FREEING" them, only it doesn't quite work out for the best, and a lot of blood is shed, due to the influince of our good friend, Legion. :devil:

Now, on a side note...for anyone who's seen The X Files "Orison", I have a personal story to share.

I don't remember exactly when this episode aired, but it was late in 1999. The things that stuck in my head was writing on the wall of the prison... "Sheep Go to Heaven, Goats Go to Hell".... the repitition of a song that caught Scully's attention, and her clock showing "6:66". Now, on New Year's eve, not long after seeing this episode, I was on the phone with my boyfriend at the time, who's name was Wes. I was dissapointed at not getting to go out and do something fun on this once-in-a-lifetime event. Wes had recently had knee surgery, and my mother was so totally overprotective that the idea of me actually getting out of the house was non-existant, so I was stuck at home, watching TV coverage of fireworks, on the phone with Wes, and trying to ignore the horrible fight that my parents were in....again.

(oddly enough, as I type this, the song "Psycho Killer" is now playing) :devil:

Anyway.....Wes had been a pretty cool guy, but after his knee surgery, his personality had changed. He was moody, and talked a lot about killing himself. That night, as I watched the fireworks, & played the radio, I was trying to "talk him down", as he was having another of his depressed swings. He was NOT a violent person and never hurt me. He was just a bit immature, but this night he started yelling at me, cursing life, cursing God, cursing everything...and started laughing almost demonicaly. I thought he was just putting on a show, because he's a classic case of ADD, Manic Depression, and a host of other psychological problems. Then, I noticed the song on the radio that was playing, about 11:30 at night. It was by "Cake", and was titled "Sheep Go To Heaven, Goats Go To Hell". I'd never heard this before...and the first thing that came to mind was The X Files, Orison. I was barely even listening to Wes rant at this point.... but something he said stood out. He had been quiet for about 5 seconds, after the crazy laughter....and he then stated "My clock is reading "666", isn't THAT a kick in the ass!" Wes never watched The X Files, and would have had no knowledge of how this would effect me. I have always wondered what this meant. Was this some kind of a sign? :devil:

The next day, the sun did rise, the world did not end.....But Wes called me and said "Something's happened. All of the goats are dead." His parents had about 4 little goats, and I had ONE black pygmy goat that was mine, that I was keeping there for a while. All but mine had been killed by dogs.

Now....is all this just a little odd....or is it just me? :gehenna:

Wow, that's one hell of a story. It almost sounds... dare I say it... Millennium-istic :).

LOL I thought so, too. That's why I decided to share it.

Boy, that's some set of 'coincidences.' I'd have stewed over that for a long time.

Oh, I did...and still do.

And there's MORE.............

Like I said, the 4 goats there were all killed. Only mine remained. Well, Wes's father, who lived in a different house on the property, accused Wes' dog as being in with the pack that had killed them all. Now, Wes's dog was a half German Shep. half Golden Ret. She wouldn't hurt a flie, but his father was a jackass. He was actually going to have Wes's little brother, who was only 16, shoot Wes' dog! Wes told me this during this phone conversation, and I said.... "Give me a couple of hours. I'll think of SOMETHING." I called Laury, (who was yes, still alive at this point, and I had never heard of Millennium) and asked her for help. She had a car, and welcomed a chance to get out of the house and away from her jackass husband for a while. She came and picked me up, and we went to his house, got his dog, and a ugly stray that was wandering around that was also marked for death, because they were just SURE he had been in on it too. (funny thing is, if they'd LOOKED at the dog, they'd know better, but these were ignorent rednecks) The stray was OLD, long like a dachshound (spelling?) with tiny short legs, one of which was injured, and had been for a LONG time. He could barely walk. We loaded the 2 dogs and Wes in the car, and took off. I turned on the radio and the song playing was R.E.M's "It's the End of the World As We Know It". (It gets stranger) The song ended, and then started again. And again. And again. And again! I thought maybe it was a computer problem at the station, but all the station breaks and everything went on as usual. Now, this is January 1st, 2000....and you're hearing "It's the End of the World as we know it........And I feel fine" over and over and over!!!!! (we later figured out it was just a little joke that the station decided to play while they were updating their computers)

We left Wes' dog with Laury, the stray we passed on to someone else.... And I stood there in front of Laury's house with all of them, and looked Calvin (her husband) in the eyes, though I'd been around him often before....and something cold washed over me. I think I sensed the evil that would take them all, just 4 months and a week later.

Strange times..........

Now... if I just knew what the reason is for the strange significance of numbers between me and Millennium.

I think I mentioned this in another thread....

My numerology numbers (when you add my birthday numbers together 11-22-1973 in this fashion 1+1+2+2+1+9+7+3) you get 26. And, in numerology, you're suppose to then ad the last two numbers together. 2+6=8. Making me a 26-8.

And then, I see The Curse of Frank Black for the first time, where 26-8 gets repeated over and over as a sign to Frank.

Coincidence??

Now... if I just knew what the reason is for the strange significance of numbers between me and Millennium.

I think I mentioned this in another thread....

My numerology numbers (when you add my birthday numbers together 11-22-1973 in this fashion 1+1+2+2+1+9+7+3) you get 26. And, in numerology, you're suppose to then ad the last two numbers together. 2+6=8. Making me a 26-8.

And then, I see The Curse of Frank Black for the first time, where 26-8 gets repeated over and over as a sign to Frank.

Coincidence??

Maybe it means the same to you as it did to Frank.

Acts 26: 8

“Why should it be thought a thing incredible to you that God should raise the dead?”

This was probably to prepare Frank for seeing Crocell in the attic. I’ve read that Paul of Tarsus (the quote’s from him) also believed in an imminent apocalypse.

As Frank asks Crocell “When will it happen” Crocell has disappeared.

Maybe it’s to prepare you to keep an open mind when you get these messages?

That nothing is incredible and there are no coincidences.

Maybe it means the same to you as it did to Frank.

Acts 26: 8

“Why should it be thought a thing incredible to you that God should raise the dead?”

This was probably to prepare Frank for seeing Crocell in the attic. I’ve read that Paul of Tarsus (the quote’s from him) also believed in an imminent apocalypse.

As Frank asks Crocell “When will it happen” Crocell has disappeared.

Maybe it’s to prepare you to keep an open mind when you get these messages?

That nothing is incredible and there are no coincidences.

Just as I sat and thought about what you had written here, my little daily horoscope came in that I get just for kicks. The time on it popped out at me 10/17/2006 2:46:48 PM Eastern Standard Time.

2:46:48 PM!

that was weird.

Here's what it said for the day...

Dear Erin,

Here is your horoscope

for Tuesday, October 17:

Trying to outrun a certain train of thought? Hold on, there -- the fact that you can't get your mind off this one topic is a sign that it's time to do something and to stop obsessing. Take positive action now.

That's just creepy... :eyes:

Yours is a good interpretation, ein. It did rather stand out to me, considering I died, and was brought back, and that then all those years later, Laury died, who's the one who told me to watch Millennium to begin with.

A LOT of strange things have happened in the last few years, this year it's become more numerous. I still think it's ODD that the guy I was working for for a short time (Ken, the painter guy) has the birthday of May 8th...which is the day she and her sons were killed. I STILL don't know if that is a coincidence or not.

Laury was right to point you to Millennium. There sure are parallels. I don’t have any answers. I think it’s something that you have to explore. Maybe something will come from your own M- Group? A lot of people here have suggested you stay away from this guy. I know you feel sorry for him. Sometimes it takes the perspective of friends to show you what you already know.

Well, I do feel sorry for him, but now it's in a different way. Before, I felt sorry for him because of how he seemed to be an "underdog". Now it's because I see that he seems to Enjoy how bad he gets beaten down, because then everyone feels sorry for him. I singlehandedly re-built his business with a few ads and some PR (public relations) and working hands on with him. He was finally getting some people wanting him to work on their houses. People with a lot of money! And, with a few dumb choices, which I warned him against, he blew it.

I washed my hands of the whole situation.

Who knows...Maybe May 8th was a warning or something. I know Terry's ready to kick his ass if he doesn't behave himself! ROFL! :kickin:

Things with the group were getting going when I started working for him, and then everything fell apart. Well, I just informed him (after he asked me for yet another favor) that I'm spending my time working on My group/business, and that he needs to mind his own...If you know what I mean. LOL