anti-american?

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

I need everyone who has seen it to respond....

Joe..i know you have seen it, watching your precious Cardinals...no hiding.. :eyes:

Its in regards to the new Chevrolet commercial...

John Cougar Mellencamp singing a song called "Our Country" while we are given images of Martin Luther King, Richard Nixon, New Orleans post Katrina, firemen, etc...

anybody seen it? your thoughts on whether or not you feel it smacks of liberal anti-americanism or if the images are just a collage, woven from the fabric of our history...to be honest, i am a bit taken back by some of the blogs and responses to the commercial, many of them, nearly 80-90 percent deriding it as anti-american...

your thoughts?

4th Horseman..

I need everyone who has seen it to respond....

Joe..i know you have seen it, watching your precious Cardinals...no hiding.. :eyes:

Its in regards to the new Chevrolet commercial...

John Cougar Mellencamp singing a song called "My Country" while we are given images of Martin Luther King, Richard Nixon, New Orleans post Katrina, firemen, etc...

anybody seen it? your thoughts on whether or not you feel it smacks of liberal anti-americanism or if the images are just a collage, woven from the fabric of our history...to be honest, i am a bit taken back by some of the blogs and responses to the commercial, many of them, nearly 80-90 percent deriding it as anti-american...

your thoughts?

4th Horseman..

yeah i have seen it but didnt think much of it. At first look to me its a collage of images. I can see how it is controversial but i find Toby Keiths Truck commerical more offensive

yeah i have seen it but didnt think much of it. At first look to me its a collage of images. I can see how it is controversial but i find Toby Keiths Truck commerical more offensive
which one is that? Not sure...

5-0 Cards...but you know this already..

which one is that? Not sure...

5-0 Cards...but you know this already..

4-Horseman

i take your rooting for my team. If the Cards play Tigers in the WS, who will you cheer for?

Toby has a commerical in which he is portraying a working man. He gets in his FORD truck with his lunch pale. This guy has way too much money to be acting like a working man or should i say FORD is paying him lots of moola

Guest SouthernCelt
Toby has a commerical in which he is portraying a working man. He gets in his FORD truck with his lunch pale. This guy has way too much money to be acting like a working man or should i say FORD is paying him lots of moola

I haven't paid any attention to Keith's commercials but I caught one in the same vein the other day where Bret Favre is "working" on his land and talking about getting tired out and sore, etc. Don't even remember the product it advertised but my first thought was, "Yeah, right, with all your NFL millions I'm sure you have to do all the work on your place yourself. Give me a freaking break!"

Haven't seen Mellancamp's ad but since I've already classified him as one of my celebs to ignore (I think he's a snivelin' little liberal who ought to just shut up; his music's not that good IMO anyway), I might not change channels if it airs but I'll not give it any attention. That'd probably be a good time for a bathroom break.

• 2 months later...